R&L | New Cables on MDT

Gatorman

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this was discussed before, but they just installed another set of wires attached to the MDT in my truck. Does anyone have any idea what they are for? I know there was speculation about putting cameras in the trucks. Does anyone know what they are up to?

spray paint takes the camera out of the way, Ooops I hit a bump, dont know how that plug came undone!

From what i hear they are able to adjust engine settings now from that cable. That is what our shop guy said

Strictly for them to watch what the truck is doing engine wise from the home office.I got the wire but my MDT doesn't support it yet.

it's to see how many times you scratch your butt:eck13: while driving:shift: down the road, but on a serious note, does this mean that they are going to start telling us we don't know how to drive or shift at the right times?

Answers about MDT Cables

What I have found out, was that the Cable that is being installed is a link to the ECM of the truck,so that the MDT can better make use of the information for MPG and also help in diagnosing Breakdowns electronically allowing drivers to be able to get back on the road quicker and faster. I have also found out that the rumors of cameras in a truck are totally false, and are just that. A bunch of people gossiping. Cameras have no function in a truck and therefore arent cost justified. time to hit the road. have a great day.

Actually I think cameras do have a use if they are pointed at the traffic ahead and in use when the truck is moving.

If you un-plug the cord , the date, time & last gps location will be recorded. So I would suggest not to unplug them, accountability will be looked into if there is any issues with these. That's what my shop guy told me. He said these are suposed to do so many features for the company that will save a lot of time & money. All of the features will come out soon.

Its nice that the company has all this extra money to spend on the mdts but because the company was doing all it could to stay in bussiness they couldn,t give out rasies even though we had a 1% growth while everyone else was cutting back. Glad our rasies went to them to find another way to keep an eye on us:nutkick:

hooking the mdt to the truck ecm will be like having a pro link pluged in all the time. if the truck shuts down and a sensor is bad the shop or vender can go out and change it. before thay had to send out a tow truck. i think r&l will be the only company with this set up.

What about the coax???

I thought the braided wires were for the MDT/truck diagnostic hook up. The truck I was in yesterday had a new coax connection on the same side as the other wires anyone have any info????

My last night with the company was last night but I'll bet if I was still there, after a while I would probably get bitc*ed at for idling the truck for one to two hours a night waiting for my switch driver (had a truck that stayed running if idle was bumped up). I would have said, arrange the run then so switch point is changed or have a later start time for me and your problem would be solved! I'm not going to be uncomfortable in a truck because of a company screw up.

Good luck to you bigrigdriver
Thanks drinksold7. :Off-Topic: A combination of the regular Scranton problems and the new company problems as a whole made me make the choice to leave. Did you know that only 3 days before the original scheduled start of phase one of the northeast changes was when big Bob showed up to tell us 19 linehaul runs were being cut? Only 3 days notice for drivers to change their lives to me is showing no respect for us. Believe me, if it wasn't for the 2 weeks vacation pay that is owed to me, I wouldn't have bothered giving a 2 week notice to quit.

Good Luck

Thanks drinksold7. :Off-Topic: A combination of the regular Scranton problems and the new company problems as a whole made me make the choice to leave. Did you know that only 3 days before the original scheduled start of phase one of the northeast changes was when big Bob showed up to tell us 19 linehaul runs were being cut? Only 3 days notice for drivers to change their lives to me is showing no respect for us. Believe me, if it wasn't for the 2 weeks vacation pay that is owed to me, I wouldn't have bothered giving a 2 week notice to quit.

If you are going to drive I hope you walk into a L/H. If not back to P&D. Or maybe OTR.:ShakeHandsNah:

If you are going to drive I hope you walk into a L/H. If not back to P&D. Or maybe OTR.:ShakeHandsNah:
It's going to be a killer driving a brand new kenworth day cab around with only 300 miles on it. Moving water to supply the big natural gas companies in the largest natural gas find in the US. Oh yeah, only 5 minutes from my house too and royalties some day when a gas well is tapped near me or on my family's land. Sorry others. Not trying to rub it in.

careful what you say big$driver...most drivers who leave on good terms want back in the door within a year!!

good luck to you though!