R&L | New Cables on MDT

It's going to be a killer driving a brand new kenworth day cab around with only 300 miles on it. Moving water to supply the big natural gas companies in the largest natural gas find in the US. Oh yeah, only 5 minutes from my house too and royalties some day when a gas well is tapped near me or on my family's land. Sorry others. Not trying to rub it in.

Hope this job works out for ya Brother Trucker!!!

I love it when person finds something better, and actually looks forward to getting out of bed, instead of dreading it....

No one who dislikes his job, wherever they work, has a gun to their head making them stay...

I admire thebig$driver, instead of just complaining, he took the bull by the horns, and actually done something about it, and changed his life...

Good luck to ya!!!:clap:

RE: MDT cables. Sounds like the ECM connection is the best answer so far. As for cameras having no place in a truck, SIAI actually has cameras in (some of) their units for liability protection. They are mounted high in the windshield and are aimed ahead to catch the tag of the vehicle that cuts in too close to them being triggered by a front bumper mounted radar unit. They can be turned off in heavy traffic to prevent false alerts. They are downloaded once a month or so and the info is forwarded to an insurance company and are then redirected to the owner of that tag. Drivers I have talked to from INDY claim that in some instances where they have been involved in a rear ender, the picture has saved them from being charged since the picture shows that a vehicle cut them off then braked hard for some reason causing the crash.

RE: MDT cables. Sounds like the ECM connection is the best answer so far. As for cameras having no place in a truck, SIAI actually has cameras in (some of) their units for liability protection. They are mounted high in the windshield and are aimed ahead to catch the tag of the vehicle that cuts in too close to them being triggered by a front bumper mounted radar unit. They can be turned off in heavy traffic to prevent false alerts. They are downloaded once a month or so and the info is forwarded to an insurance company and are then redirected to the owner of that tag. Drivers I have talked to from INDY claim that in some instances where they have been involved in a rear ender, the picture has saved them from being charged since the picture shows that a vehicle cut them off then braked hard for some reason causing the crash.
this is a very good idea if this only what it is used for we need all the help that we can get

the cables are a new system theyre implementing.it will give you your p/u's on your mtd's and also have a mic on them for drivers that are in an area that they cant reach thier dispatchers on the company radio.we're using them in lkd in some of our trucks.you have the option to "kick back" a p/u if it is oversized or they have more then they called in.the cameras was a rumer/joke that a guy started while in daytona one week.we were drinking and talking crap and he started it.i guess some people took it and ran with it.the next day he said he just wanted to see how far it would go.looks like it made its way around nicely.

All I know is the scanners don't work like they used to.My scanner crashes all day long now and that was not as much of a problem before but now you have to keep inputting your driver number and that is really getting old.