ODFL | New cameras and 24/7 recording

It is not a problem about having the camera ,it is the lies that come after. We will NEVER do this or that and then they do. Are we perfect, NO , but the stories told here, not on this board yet but others, Of how the companies abuse the cameras in trucks for purposes other than safety.
Lies when?

Fedex freight has had forward facing cameras and whole lot of other stuff but never facing the driver! Just because xpo has those driver facing cameras dosen’t mean everyone else is going to get them! Saia and xpo have not had a very good driver retention rate and those driver facing cameras have a little something to do with that! OD put out the statement they will not be driver facing! So until they say otherwise it’s pretty much a fart in a mitten and this point!
100 dollar bill say the will driver facing very soon. Why would they buy. These driver facing cameras to sit on the windshield and look pretty. Don't think so remember to smile pretty u r on od cameras. Or maybe we should focus on tolerateing.these cameras and focus on trying to get company revenue up to say 20 billion dollars a year and op say down in low 60s or maybe in the 50s.

although I am new(5 months) Even the Operations Manager in GBO said during orientation, the cab is the drivers personal space and we will not have driver facing cameras!
Ask to about cameras and see if lies to you. Please report back findings thanks in advance. P S get it in writing this time

Wait until OD hires 26 year old with Bachelors Degree in Basket Weaving as your Regional Safety Guy starts telling drivers how to drive correctly... then the fun will start. If in doubt ask Saia driver.

Wait until OD hires 26 year old with Bachelors Degree in Basket Weaving as your Regional Safety Guy starts telling drivers how to drive correctly... then the fun will start. If in doubt ask Saia driver.
Fun has already started. Just waiting for the driver facing cameras to get the sticker pull off the lens. Oh that want happen because a tm said od considers cab drivers private space remember that. Bs

My buddy got his first coaching session few days ago due to following too close. He was going down a canyon (empty) and two RVs kept speeding up slowing down and of course radar kept going crazy and he was told by this professional coach that maybe next time he should pull over let those RVs gain some distance and then get back on the road.
Been using those cameras 4 yrs now. Maintaining that following distance is going to make a lot drivers hate those cameras with that scenario you described it sucks.

Been using those cameras 4 yrs now. Maintaining that following distance is going to make a lot drivers hate those cameras with that scenario you described it sucks.
It’s going to be real interesting on my run. I run mainly on a 2 lane highway. Lot’s of people cutting me off or coming at me in a no passing zone. I’ll probably have multiple events per day.

It’s going to be real interesting on my run. I run mainly on a 2 lane highway. Lot’s of people cutting me off or coming at me in a no passing zone. I’ll probably have multiple events per day.
Can't believe you'd make a statement like that.
I've never had that happen, or pull out in front of you, go 2 blocks, stop, and make a left turn. they'll do it every time!

If the majority of drivers, cars and trucks),out there were practicing safe driving habits,( not following close, speeding, looking 12-15 seconds ahead, watching blind spots,etc), and not consumed by distracted driving,( their phones), and eating while driving, the cameras may not be as prevalent as they are becoming.

If the majority of drivers, cars and trucks),out there were practicing safe driving habits,( not following close, speeding, looking 12-15 seconds ahead, watching blind spots,etc), and not consumed by distracted driving,( their phones), and eating while driving, the cameras may not be as prevalent as they are becoming.
Eating doesn't count, I ate a box of grapefruit between Jax and Charl, when in season