FedEx Freight | New CEO

If you want someone to take you serious, Never start the sentence with "I'm a teamster", you just lose all creditability after that.

UPS seems to have a high degree of credibility... So will We! They are Teamsters, we should be, too. There was a time we didn't need to be, but that has changed.

UPS seems to have a high degree of credibility... So will We! They are Teamsters, we should be, too. There was a time we didn't need to be, but that has changed.[/QUOTE

Who is WE, Do you have a mouse in your pocket??? Don't lump us all into your den of lies and deciet. I do not want to be a teamster. And as far as i am concerned there is nothing crediblel about UPS.

UPS seems to have a high degree of credibility... So will We! They are Teamsters, we should be, too. There was a time we didn't need to be, but that has changed.[/QUOTE

Who is WE, Do you have a mouse in your pocket??? Don't lump us all into your den of lies and deciet. I do not want to be a teamster. And as far as i am concerned there is nothing crediblel about UPS.

You may not want to be a teamster and that's fine but to say swampratt's post are a den of lies and deceit is just crazy.

1st learn how to quote, so you don't screw up a whole thread. 2nd: Lies, Deciet, and nothing credible about UPS? Thanks assman, you just saved me many a keystrokes responding to your future babble. Enjoy your wretched life with that other buddy of yours... :tribehasspoken: :duh:

Doesn't matter who they install, it will continue to be only about numbers. They have been kicked in the groin and now have to find new ways to hoodwink everybody to be good peons. Nothing more nothing less.

We wanted the point system gone. It's gone. We wanted the safety infraction corrective action gone. It's gone. Bill Cherry. Gone. Seems to be going in the right direction, eh?

We wanted the point system gone. It's gone. We wanted the safety infraction corrective action gone. It's gone. Bill Cherry. Gone. Seems to be going in the right direction, eh?
Could it be the calm before the storm? I can't say for sure but I would be willing to bet that all that is gone that you speak of is not because Fred or FedEx gives a hoot about what we felt, until the union was sought out, then wow our opinions actually mean something. I'm disappointed in the vote tonight but I will respect those who voted, and to those who did vote you voted your conscience and I salute you.

Could it be the calm before the storm? I can't say for sure but I would be willing to bet that all that is gone that you speak of is not because Fred or FedEx gives a hoot about what we felt, until the union was sought out, then wow our opinions actually mean something. I'm disappointed in the vote tonight but I will respect those who voted, and to those who did vote you voted your conscience and I salute you.

Not to be cute...but I DO think they are trying. I'm not so naive to think that the threat of unionization was not some sort of catalyst, but it was coming anyway. Our last VP of ops was a bully and that trickled down.....HARD. But it was breaking before the petitions.

Mark my words...we will be in a better place this time next year....and Jimmy Jr. will have little or nothing to do with it.

Not to be cute...but I DO think they are trying. I'm not so naive to think that the threat of unionization was not some sort of catalyst, but it was coming anyway. Our last VP of ops was a bully and that trickled down.....HARD. But it was breaking before the petitions.

Mark my words...we will be in a better place this time next year....and Jimmy Jr. will have little or nothing to do with it.
Well I'm glad you believe we'll be in a better place next year, I'm not confident in that. I truly feel that the only reason that anything is being done is because of the threat of organization. Once that goes away corporate can do anything they want without fear of retaliation. But keep looking through those purple colored glasses and best of luck to you.

BTW, either the Teamsters are doing a lousy job at selling the Union to us, or a bunch of drivers are chikening out at the time to vote.

I post my opinions and point-of-view without taking personal shots or trying to make fun, Driver.

How does that encourage productive discussion?
So let me get this straight, you point out the last two lines of my post, where in my OPINION you are wearing purple colored glasses. And I did wish you luck, but apparently you can see sarcasm in the wish. So if I don't completely agree with you then I have nothing of value to say, and I'm being combative................ hmmm, ok I will from now on agree with everything you post. UNION BAD, COMPANY GOOOOOOOOOD, UNION BAD. Whatever dude get over yourself.

So let me get this straight, you point out the last two lines of my post, where in my OPINION you are wearing purple colored glasses. And I did wish you luck, but apparently you can see sarcasm in the wish. So if I don't completely agree with you then I have nothing of value to say, and I'm being combative................ hmmm, ok I will from now on agree with everything you post. UNION BAD, COMPANY GOOOOOOOOOD, UNION BAD. Whatever dude get over yourself.

Ouch. You hurt me with your words. I'm just trying to have constructive dialog. Being defensive just solidifies that nothing can or will be solved here.

You forget...or didn't notice...or didin't CARE to notice that I have had 16 (good and not-so-good) years here.
Yet I still show up every day to support family.

Stuff needs fixed. But I haven't encountered the deal-breaker that found me applying at ABF...............yet!

BTW, either the Teamsters are doing a lousy job at selling the Union to us, or a bunch of drivers are chikening out at the time to vote.
We didn't sell anything.Somebody or a bunch of ya ' s asked for help.Im glad that the threat of any unionization retracted some of the wrongs.Just shows how much the corporate pigs pay attention when their money is being threatened by some trashy organization that happens to represent millions around the world.Thanks for calling us.We love ya anyway.