FedEx Freight | New CEO

Not to be cute...but I DO think they are trying. I'm not so naive to think that the threat of unionization was not some sort of catalyst, but it was coming anyway. Our last VP of ops was a bully and that trickled down.....HARD. But it was breaking before the petitions.

Mark my words...we will be in a better place this time next year....and Jimmy Jr. will have little or nothing to do with it.

You said it "catalyst". I personally went thru this try for union representation once before. Big changes from the company were not promised (they were also a corporation and knew that it was illegal) but insinuations were made. I assumed that good things would come from the corporation after the wake up call they received so I voted "NO". I regret that to this day. The company pretty much knew that the union spent a lot of time and money (there is tons of paper work and legal issues to all of this) in their effort to organize us. They knew that we could not try again for at least a year and that if we lost it would probably not be attempted again for a very long time. Well they won and that is just what happened. Shortly after that the company was right back at it and it got rough so slowly but surely people were going elsewhere including myself. I will not vote no again. It is not a good feeling when you realize you had a chance to change the lives of so many very hard working people and you did not take it...Remember that you are really just one of 300000 people that work for this giant corporation. Now really means now is our chance and never, sad to say, is more than likely never the chance again (at least not in our lifetime). This could be the last opportunity you have to use your vote in order to actually see your work rules and benefits package in writing and get the chance to decide whether or not it meets your needs. You could have a voice. Hope this helps some of you out.

Not to be cute...but I DO think they are trying. I'm not so naive to think that the threat of unionization was not some sort of catalyst, but it was coming anyway. Our last VP of ops was a bully and that trickled down.....HARD. But it was breaking before the petitions.

Mark my words...we will be in a better place this time next year....and Jimmy Jr. will have little or nothing to do with it.

I have to disagree with you. I just don't see it getting any better in the next year. The new boss says we need to keep double digit numbers to invest in our people. We did that and they still raised our insurance. They have shown time and time again what they think of there work force. They have left us no where else to turn but the union. Its gone on for so long there's no way to turn back and we would be fools to try. Please everyone support the teamsters. Fed ex hasn't supported us for along long time, and have no intention to do so.

I have to disagree with you. I just don't see it getting any better in the next year. The new boss says we need to keep double digit numbers to invest in our people. We did that and they still raised our insurance. They have shown time and time again what they think of there work force. They have left us no where else to turn but the union. Its gone on for so long there's no way to turn back and we would be fools to try. Please everyone support the teamsters. Fed ex hasn't supported us for along long time, and have no intention to do so.

The man makes valid points. WE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION.

You said it "catalyst". I personally went thru this try for union representation once before. Big changes from the company were not promised (they were also a corporation and knew that it was illegal) but insinuations were made. I assumed that good things would come from the corporation after the wake up call they received so I voted "NO". I regret that to this day. The company pretty much knew that the union spent a lot of time and money (there is tons of paper work and legal issues to all of this) in their effort to organize us. They knew that we could not try again for at least a year and that if we lost it would probably not be attempted again for a very long time. Well they won and that is just what happened. Shortly after that the company was right back at it and it got rough so slowly but surely people were going elsewhere including myself. I will not vote no again. It is not a good feeling when you realize you had a chance to change the lives of so many very hard working people and you did not take it...Remember that you are really just one of 300000 people that work for this giant corporation. Now really means now is our chance and never, sad to say, is more than likely never the chance again (at least not in our lifetime). This could be the last opportunity you have to use your vote in order to actually see your work rules and benefits package in writing and get the chance to decide whether or not it meets your needs. You could have a voice. Hope this helps some of you out.

Kudos my friend.. Hope people read it and get something from it.. Thank you..... And good luck my brother...

Only that you can make a difference now, this person opened his mind and experiences... I know how hard that can be at times....