TForce | New equipment

Nighthawk22

TB Lurker
Credits
Came in from my run this morning and a contractor pulled a brand new set of pups to the STL yard and left them. Good to see new pups and dollies anyone know if new trucks are on the way?:shift:

i was told that UPS bought us 1400 new trailers last month! no word if they were liftgate pups, vans, etc....He also said UPS projects total fleet turn over by year 2013!

we send the cleaning crew outside to wash the truck when its raining out. they get a scrub brush and an umbrella.
i guess we are tring to be green.

or was it cheap?

We've got auto-majic wash bay in STL.....it's about useless......besides the UPSF fleet is getting so old and worn out I'd be afraid what I might find under all that dirt!:biglaugh:
The dirt you speak of is keeping the fleet together, do not remove the dirt, on second thought remove the dirt, a breakdown is good for a nap and a little overtime for us city folk.:biglaugh:

LOL! Remove the dirt and then it's just rust holding it together....:TR10driving03:

In days of old the tractor got a steam wash when it received a PM.....not any more.:shrug:

Then the drive through worked...a little...:bgroovy:

Part of the problem is that drivers refuse to do a proper pre-trip. Any defects should be listed on the MVR or taken to the shop before you hit the street. Maybe I shouldn't complain. When my usual truck is in the shop getting the stuff fixed that other drivers ignore will get me a couple hours a week.:biglaugh:

Came in from my run this morning and a contractor pulled a brand new set of pups to the STL yard and left them. Good to see new pups and dollies anyone know if new trucks are on the way?:shift:

Been seeing these new pups in GDR also.

There was one that had white plastic walls.......instead of the metal......whats up with that??

Anybody seen any new vans??? Soon we will have more rentals then UPGF equipment.

We got a few new pups and dolly's.
Good riddance to those antiquated roll up/down dolly's that almost always had a flat front tire.

We got a few new pups and dolly's.
Good riddance to those antiquated roll up/down dolly's that almost always had a flat front tire.

Yes, but most of those just needed air in that front tire. I always take them to the shop for air because I like those dolly's if the front tire assembly is bent, it gets tagged. I don't like lifting these heavy new dolly's. I found a couple motor cargo dolly's that almost broke my back when lifting. If there is anything wrong, and I mean anything wrong with dolly's or equipment, it should be written up or taken to the shop. Not many drivers want to take the time to do that and the write up's don't get fixed unless the equipment is tagged, so........the vicious cycle continues.

Yes, but most of those just needed air in that front tire. I always take them to the shop for air because I like those dolly's if the front tire assembly is bent, it gets tagged. I don't like lifting these heavy new dolly's. I found a couple motor cargo dolly's that almost broke my back when lifting. If there is anything wrong, and I mean anything wrong with dolly's or equipment, it should be written up or taken to the shop. Not many drivers want to take the time to do that and the write up's don't get fixed unless the equipment is tagged, so........the vicious cycle continues.
So true! I've seen road drivers come in early to sift through the dolly's and not tag the bad ones. They leave it for the next guy.
Some will even hide them in different areas of the yard, some even put fake deadline tags on them to prevent someone else from using it.

So true! I've seen road drivers come in early to sift through the dolly's and not tag the bad ones. They leave it for the next guy.
Some will even hide them in different areas of the yard, some even put fake deadline tags on them to prevent someone else from using it.

Fake dead line tags????????? I don't have to worry about that, mine is the old rusted out dolly with 4 different used tires, grease all over the lines and a good working hand crank with air in the front tire. The dolly is there every time I need it, its my personal dolly:biglaugh:

Fake dead line tags????????? I don't have to worry about that, mine is the old rusted out dolly with 4 different used tires, grease all over the lines and a good working hand crank with air in the front tire. The dolly is there every time I need it, its my personal dolly:biglaugh:

Some of our Prima Donna drivers, (We all have one, two or three or more!) just have to have the UPS dolly at all cost. They will grab a deadline tag and write up some bogus reason to prevent another driver from snagging it.
They will also hide them in a far corner.

LOL on your personal sleeper dolly! That one needs to make it to 3,000,000 miles before they retire it.

I pulled two brand spanking new UPSF trailers last night.............man I was looking good, Until my tractor broke down:biglaugh: Its good to see more new equipment coming in though.

we have some nightliner drivers who put locks on them. I was always told you could not lock up dolly's cause they are not your property,and if someone needed it they could not use it!!:Flame-On:

we have some nightliner drivers who put locks on them. I was always told you could not lock up dolly's cause they are not your property,and if someone needed it they could not use it!!:Flame-On:

Locking up dolly's?
Wow! Until they can show us the receipt that they paid for it, that is just wrong and I hope they get the lock busted everytime.
What's next? Putting an alarm system and "The Club" on their tractors?

Some of our Prima Donna drivers, (We all have one, two or three or more!) just have to have the UPS dolly at all cost. They will grab a deadline tag and write up some bogus reason to prevent another driver from snagging it.
They will also hide them in a far corner.

LOL on your personal sleeper dolly! That one needs to make it to 3,000,000 miles before they retire it.

We have some drivers that do the same thing. They go to a mini hub and return. So they always keep the same dolly. I don't mind it if I have to take it because there are no other dollies in the yard they give it to me and wait their chance to snag another one. I don't care because I do a meet and never keep the same dolly. But I don't blame them for trying to keep a decent dolly that's not a grease ball.

Any word on new tractors ? We have a few 17 series that were resurected from the bone yard in HRS. These are the pride of the fleet. A regional sales rep said we are about 50% rebranded. Maybe so but certainly not here.

I thought the 17 series were supposed to be permanently put out of service due to the new emission standards for tractors?
I know we got an extension to use them but I thought that passed.

Can someone confirm?