TForce | New equipment

...huh we got ya`ll beat..we got two 55 series Ford screws running the city..even a 23 series...yup..need pictures to remind ya ?

...huh we got ya`ll beat..we got two 55 series Ford screws running the city..even a 23 series...yup..need pictures to remind ya ?

I don't doubt ya,....But Let's see the pics,...

I have been here long enough to know what a "23 series" is,....

I'd like to see pictures just for kicks, the only Ford's I've seen since I've been with the company 5 years have been a Ford Aeromax that was still running out of ATL terminal 2 years ago and an old Ford straight truck that had Overnite spelled out on the side of the box. They used to run it as a loaner and then used by ATL's shop, I recall seeing it sitting in the weeds a while back out by the ATL shop.

If you know what a 23 series is you have been here a day or 2 saying that .... ..... Do you know what a C series was ?

....here are a few pics.....

L 9000
1212091518.jpg

1212091517.jpg

If I remember correctly, The fords were not a big hit with the company and they did not purchase a whole lot of them. I did have one of these fords, just the basic ford with the round head lights.

From my records, traded through a bunch of us truck geeks, Big O had almost 500 Ford LS/LA9000's, numbered 55501-55934 or higher. Units above 55691 or so were delivered with Aeromax hoods. There were a bunch of '87 LS9000's that came from ABFS about 1990, that were numbered in the low 55xxx's. That's a pretty substantial number, maybe 500 Fords, but when you consider how many tractors O had at the time, you could definitely say they weren't a big hit. Not to mention O would be a latecomer to Fords at that point.

Did O ever have any Ford C series tractors? I know they had some straight trucks, but the C's would be about the same time frame or earlier than the MB's.

I'm still looking for pics of the early 90's era 10750-10800 series Mack CH's, complete with tank skirts and all.

From my records, traded through a bunch of us truck geeks, Big O had almost 500 Ford LS/LA9000's, numbered 55501-55934 or higher. Units above 55691 or so were delivered with Aeromax hoods. There were a bunch of '87 LS9000's that came from ABFS about 1990, that were numbered in the low 55xxx's. That's a pretty substantial number, maybe 500 Fords, but when you consider how many tractors O had at the time, you could definitely say they weren't a big hit. Not to mention O would be a latecomer to Fords at that point.

Did O ever have any Ford C series tractors? I know they had some straight trucks, but the C's would be about the same time frame or earlier than the MB's.

I'm still looking for pics of the early 90's era 10750-10800 series Mack CH's, complete with tank skirts and all.
I believe there was also an issue with the CEO we had at the time...Thomas B. who formerly came from Ford Motor Company as a VP executive.

If I remember correctly, The fords were not a big hit with the company and they did not purchase a whole lot of them. I did have one of these fords, just the basic ford with the round head lights.

Can we talk about something more interesting. :biglaugh:

One of our road drivers told me that he heard UPGF bought a bunch of Roadways' last new tractors that were cancelled at the time of the hostile take-over by YRC.
Great...Volvos' with 7-spds??? no radio and probably no A/C. Jeez..I wonder when the Jiff-locks are coming....?

One of our road drivers told me that he heard UPGF bought a bunch of Roadways' last new tractors that were cancelled at the time of the hostile take-over by YRC.
Great...Volvos' with 7-spds??? no radio and probably no A/C. Jeez..I wonder when the Jiff-locks are coming....?

they wont do that to us

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Doesn't it get old to be so negative? Tis the season Merry Christmas!! :angry2:

I have pulled quite a few brand new trailers (pups) the last two weeks. They are pretty nice. Whats that smell coming from the new trailers? Have they gone through some sort of oil bath to protect from corrosion? Its a pretty strong oil odor I have noticed from all new trailers.
You are right... They do smell pretty bad. If you look under them, it looks like the manufacture sprayed creosote over everything. That will help preserve the wood floor and I-beams from rotting and rusting.

You are right... They do smell pretty bad. If you look under them, it looks like the manufacture sprayed creosote over everything. That will help preserve the wood floor and I-beams from rotting and rusting.

Its not to often that I see the inside of a trailer as I am a line driver and have been for many many years. A wood floor, creosote, Now this make complete sense to me. Thanks!!!

LOL! Remove the dirt and then it's just rust holding it together....:TR10driving03:

In days of old the tractor got a steam wash when it received a PM.....not any more.:shrug:

Then the drive through worked...a little...:bgroovy:

Part of the problem is that drivers refuse to do a proper pre-trip. Any defects should be listed on the MVR or taken to the shop before you hit the street. Maybe I shouldn't complain. When my usual truck is in the shop getting the stuff fixed that other drivers ignore will get me a couple hours a week.:biglaugh:

Oh our mechanics are p****d about the no wash policy. It makes their job miserable with all the dirt and mud on the trucks. I remember the shop power washing the equipment,doing the PM and some paint touch-ups.
I laugh when the TM says anything about the uniforms not being compliant and yet we pull up to the customer with garbage trucks.

positive ;-))

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Doesn't it get old to be so negative? Tis the season Merry Christmas!! :angry2:

Yes...I am positive the moral of the employees is at an all time low.
When UPS took over,we all thought better times are ahead.
We DO have jobs,(most of us that is),but the working environment has become corporate cold and business B/S.
I would love to be positive all the time and just have good things to say but other than having a job there isn't much to be happy about.
Merry Christmas brother.
now GET BACK TO WORK DRONE!!!!