XPO | new hand helds

Handhelds work just about as good as this company is run same mentality different name no wonder old dominion got rid of these and conway was right there to scoop them up lets have old dominion IT people come over to conway and show us how to get it fixed.

Dealing with handhelds at the last two LTLs just slow the process down across the board. All of these things XPO has done since buying Conway is similar to what vitran did after buying pjax, but on a bigger scale. Wonder if in a couple years central transport will buy XPO like vitran and before anybody says they can't afford to....they can. Matty mouroun has deep pockets.
I would quit if Central bought us...

I would quit if Central bought us...

Why? They may do better than our old owners and our new owners. It's not because they'll turn us yellow is it? ;P

TpWDur1.jpg

Handhelds work just about as good as this company is run same mentality different name no wonder old dominion got rid of these and conway was right there to scoop them up lets have old dominion IT people come over to conway and show us how to get it fixed.
Old Dominion had handhelds like these and got rid of them?

lets have old dominion IT people come over to conway and show us how to get it fixed.
Lets get OD people over here to show these idiots how to run a linehaul network. We have drivers sitting at home or working the dock if they are lucky while CRST and Werner are rolling in and out of the gate. It pisses me off so much. Its the biggest problem this company has and has had for years. Purchase SUCKS. They are unreliable, cause damage because there is no safe stack, and worst of all take work from us. If anyone from XPO LTL reads this board, GET RID OF AS MUCH PURCHASE AS YOU CAN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND WORK YOIR DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0U7dzRI.jpg

Sorry no chance we are not laying people off......
Lets get OD people over here to show these idiots how to run a linehaul network. We have drivers sitting at home or working the dock if they are lucky while CRST and Werner are rolling in and out of the gate. It pisses me off so much. Its the biggest problem this company has and has had for years. Purchase SUCKS. They are unreliable, cause damage because there is no safe stack, and worst of all take work from us. If anyone from XPO LTL reads this board, GET RID OF AS MUCH PURCHASE AS YOU CAN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND WORK YOIR DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must say you can make money running 99.996% in your own units. Rail and sub service is much less expensive, but you lose all control and are at mercy of the rail and sub service. OD does it and not many can touch their O.R just a thought.

It's amazing how some of these companies can have a successful model right in front of their face, but refuse to do any adjusting within their own operation in an effort to evolve toward the already proven, successful model. It makes very little sense to me. It's like some of the leadership have such a bloated ego and are so arrogant, that they would rather sink the ship versus following a model or business plan that they didn't come up with themselves.
:regretful:

It's amazing how some of these companies can have a successful model right in front of their face, but refuse to do any adjusting within their own operation in an effort to evolve toward the already proven, successful model. It makes very little sense to me. It's like some of the leadership have such a bloated ego and are so arrogant, that they would rather sink the ship versus following a model or business plan that they didn't come up with themselves.
:regretful:
Makes you wonder if someone is getting perks or kickbacks from these outside carriers?

It's amazing that there is better technology out there. But as I study this exact technology issue in my MBA IT course, I understand the frustration. Companies just install system with no thought on how it affects the organization, especially the people using it. The assumption is that workers have no input and that is the reason so many IT systems in large organizations fail after spending hundreds of millions of dollars.

Ivory tower academics don't work in the real world because they're not good enough. If they were, they'd be making big bucks instead of teaching. The only people who can teach you how big companies do IT is people who have done it recently, and they're not going to teach you that for a crappy $70K a year assistant professorship when they can make 3x that working in IT.

You're not really learning anything useful in your MBA IT class, sorry...just the complaints of people who couldn't hack it in private industry.

Ivory tower academics don't work in the real world because they're not good enough. If they were, they'd be making big bucks instead of teaching. The only people who can teach you how big companies do IT is people who have done it recently, and they're not going to teach you that for a crappy $70K a year assistant professorship when they can make 3x that working in IT.

You're not really learning anything useful in your MBA IT class, sorry...just the complaints of people who couldn't hack it in private industry.

With your sage advice, I will be dropping out of graduate school and reapplying at XPO so I can get my 14 hr nighttime line haul gig or better yet a flex schedule where I do not know where i will go or what time I'll work.

Academics doing research is what has made the world what it is today, technology and otherwise. Practical and real world experience goes hand in and as well. i guess some people just don't have the passion to teach.

But I will take your advice and save my self almost 30 grand in tuition costs there survy9, you are so right.

With your sage advice, I will be dropping out of graduate school and reapplying at XPO so I can get my 14 hr nighttime line haul gig or better yet a flex schedule where I do not know where i will go or what time I'll work.

Academics doing research is what has made the world what it is today, technology and otherwise. Practical and real world experience goes hand in and as well. i guess some people just don't have the passion to teach.

But I will take your advice and save my self almost 30 grand in tuition costs there survy9, you are so right.
You keep on doing what you're doing, Century! Hang in there and get that graduate degree. Education is where it's at. And for those who aren't (for the most part), this career we've chosen is where we end up. My wife and I instilled in our daughters at a very young age the importance and value of a college degree. One has her Masters, the other is on the verge of an undergrad degree, and is contemplating graduate school as well. Stick with it, Century! Good luck! My best to you.

You keep on doing what you're doing, Century! Hang in there and get that graduate degree. Education is where it's at. And for those who aren't (for the most part), this career we've chosen is where we end up. My wife and I instilled in our daughters at a very young age the importance and value of a college degree. One has her Masters, the other is on the verge of an undergrad degree, and is contemplating graduate school as well. Stick with it, Century! Good luck! My best to you.
I can't wait for Free, free, free higher education for my kids with Bernie (sarcasm)!