SAIA | new hire with a couple questions

bosscityboy19

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got hired at the DLS terminal for a P&D driver and was wondering if I can start working an extra day immediately? Also, what is the vacation schedule with pto and everything? Lastly, with the new raise what will be the top out rate for both line haul and P&D?

I just got hired at the DLS terminal for a P&D driver and was wondering if I can start working an extra day immediately? Also, what is the vacation schedule with pto and everything? Lastly, with the new raise what will be the top out rate for both line haul and P&D?
Top pay 24.66 give or take a cent with OT after 45 ..... 60cpm .... Out of Dallas ? Just ask the dispatcher and he will probably hook you up with more time than you want. All of this should have been explained in your orientation. 1st year one week vacation ... 2nd year two .... 5 PTO's that accrue. Go on the employee web site with your ID number and you can find out most anything.

Did you not have an interview before accepting the job ? Usually one likes to have questions such as yours answered before accepting a position with a company.I would like to know what the pay and bennies are before I jump into something.

Orientation will be on July 2nd. Interview to me is 75% full of lies just to get u in the door in my opinion, and he was way off on the money too.

Yea he didn't seem to know much to me. Just talked about how fast paced freight is and I come from hauling gas which I think is running around like a chicken with your head cut off...lol

Yea he didn't seem to know much to me. Just talked about how fast paced freight is and I come from hauling gas which I think is running around like a chicken with your head cut off...lol
Well good luck to you , I hope it works out . There is a lot of good people at that terminal that will be happy to help out.

I run L/H in DLS and after 1 yr the best advice I can give is to ask questions here and from drivers at work. Hard to find that 1 person who knew all but collectively you'll get it.

As far as working extra, just sign up for weekend L/H work as I'm sure there's extra while its busy.

Any new job is rough at first but I'm very happy to be here.

And RT is right 100% right about the Co. Employee website. Find out ASAP how to log in because anything and everything can be found there.

For 2015 you get 2 days of PTO. For 2016 you get 1 week of vacation plus 5 days PTO. (see pages 29-32 of the employee manual on the employee website).

If you order uniforms fast enough, you'll get a lot of uniforms right off the bat because your uniform money is re-appropriated on 1/1 and 7/1 of every year.

I'm jealous of you.

Why is that? I'm actually taking a paycut from hauling fuel to come here...lol
Go line haul and you won't be, most likely. I've been trying to get on at DLS for over a year. I'm excited for you, I'm only 28, but been around the block and paid some dues. If you must drive, then I firmly believe LTL is the only way to fly.