FedEx Freight | New Kenworth L trucks

All these new trucks you should check the licensing. My new Freightliner was licensed for 64,800 in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Dakotas, all of these we have runs to. Quick call to HRO fixed it.

roog

All these new trucks you should check the licensing. My new Freightliner was licensed for 64,800 in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Dakotas, all of these we have runs to. Quick call to HRO fixed it.

roog
Just curious, did they leave at 64,800 or change to 54,000?

Mainly all the new trucks Rs or Ls, there have been a bunch that we've gotten that are licensed incorrectly, although we got a few used from other centers that never were updated as well. Also I've been carrying my own Colorado HazMat permit since some have been caught without. We have a lot of drivers that get in a different truck and never check permits.

Mainly all the new trucks Rs or Ls, there have been a bunch that we've gotten that are licensed incorrectly, although we got a few used from other centers that never were updated as well. Also I've been carrying my own Colorado HazMat permit since some have been caught without. We have a lot of drivers that get in a different truck and never check permits.
I would agree, most don't even think about the permit book....until they get stopped!!

More BS he didn't get fired. Also, he was not the person specing out the trucks.

And another tidbit, this is a direct quote from the man.
The AF model as they run their hub and spoke system, utilizing road drivers to swing freight and then leaving all those forklifts sit idle for sixteen hours a day is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Seems like the hub and spoke system has worked pretty good to me since FedEx is now the number 1 LTL carrier.

roog
Our New L units are only licensed for 48000. Management tried to get them bumped up and was told no.

Our New L units are only licensed for 48000. Management tried to get them bumped up and was told no.

My Freightliner is a Road unit and was mislicensed in several states, I'd not be surprised that some of the Ls are wrong too.

Be sure to check, we even got some older trucks from other centers and sent new ones to replace so they are wrong for the region they're in. CHECK ALL Power Units you drive.

roog

My Freightliner is a Road unit and was mislicensed in several states, I'd not be surprised that some of the Ls are wrong too.

Be sure to check, we even got some older trucks from other centers and sent new ones to replace so they are wrong for the region they're in. CHECK ALL Power Units you drive.

roog
Gotta go roog havent the time for that tomfoolery checking the permit book!!!! Alot of these drivers go by the quote"Relax it's Fedex" and think all will be good at roadside inspection because of the name on the door! !!!!

roog
Hey Roog, any word on the delivery date for the new Peterbuilt road tractors?

I doubt Fed Ex pays any fines issued anyway, so why would they care. Fortunately for most of us, they purchased some of the ugliest, cramped, rough riding, under powered p.o.s.'s on the market. I'll keep my rusty million mile reclassified volvo while their hybrid dock to driver takes all the risks.

I doubt Fed Ex pays any fines issued anyway, so why would they care. Fortunately for most of us, they purchased some of the ugliest, cramped, rough riding, under powered p.o.s.'s on the market. I'll keep my rusty million mile reclassified volvo while their hybrid dock to driver takes all the risks.
I'm quite certain FedEx pays any fine issued, that's an asinine statement.
I'll have to disagree, the new T-680's and the new Freightliners are very comfortable to drive, ride better than the old ones, closely resemble the Volvo's, and have the same power as the Volvo's...makes you almost forget what the old Volvo's were like.
I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the autos...but they're SLOWLY but surely making them slightly better with every new program they come up with.

Gotta go roog havent the time for that tomfoolery checking the permit book!!!! Alot of these drivers go by the quote"Relax it's Fedex" and think all will be good at roadside inspection because of the name on the door! !!!!

I know moose, I end up spending time fixing the same trucks those guys drive! :)

roog