FedEx Freight | NEW Kenworth T660 tractors.

dam those are beautiful trucks fedex i am very jealous i am driving a pile a 95 freightshaker wore out 10 years ago at conway

dont get yourself all worked up driver not allof us get those nice k cars beleive me we have some stuff like you say your driving to maybe not a 95 but we have a few 99,s and stuff at our barn with a million or better on them we have one really nice road tractor it is a volvo so nice for a volvo

I'm pretty sure all KW's were being speced the same. In Calif. we get the 450hp engines and they haven't ever pulled triples

if they did that in the west we would be screwed. we already pull some of the hills out here with 105,500 triples at 24-26 m.p.h. thats with 450's.

I'm pretty sure all KW's were being speced the same. In Calif. we get the 450hp engines and they haven't ever pulled triples

viknguy :clap:

When we first got these ISX Cummins 450 hp, and before they started adding all these EGR stuff, we used to have so much power that you could spin your tires and brake loose if you stomped on it too hard.
They have been backing off the power little by little over these last few years. Mostly for fuel efficiency.
The computer on this engine is supposed to compensate for when you are loaded real heavy and give you more power.

:shift:

When we first got these ISX Cummins 450 hp, and before they started adding all these EGR stuff, we used to have so much power that you could spin your tires and brake loose if you stomped on it too hard.
They have been backing off the power little by little over these last few years. Mostly for fuel efficiency.
The computer on this engine is supposed to compensate for when you are loaded real heavy and give you more power.

Gotta love when your trying to get to highway speed off a on ramp and the "computer" will not let the truck accelerate.

FM

When I take a day run (if I do) , then my horse will go in the shop to get the power evaluated. Right now with triples I pull Sexton and Canyonville in 6th, in the teens!:shift: The more smog they put on, the worse they run. My 1710,1711,and 1712 all got in 6.5-7 mpg range, even pulling triples, with good power!

When I take a day run (if I do) , then my horse will go in the shop to get the power evaluated. Right now with triples I pull Sexton and Canyonville in 6th, in the teens!:shift: The more smog they put on, the worse they run. My 1710,1711,and 1712 all got in 6.5-7 mpg range, even pulling triples, with good power!

ol' man :clap:

That had to be before 2002, and all the extra smog control EGR technology that was added. Sacrificing a lot of fuel mileage to gain less smog, that is being made up by China and India.

ol' man :clap:

That had to be before 2002, and all the extra smog control EGR technology that was added. Sacrificing a lot of fuel mileage to gain less smog, that is being made up by China and India.

I glad you put this out here ..... cap and trade .... we suffer and they take up the slack ...:shift:

I glad you put this out here ..... cap and trade .... we suffer and they take up the slack ...:shift:

slackdragon :clap:

You have to love those misguided tree huggers.
Just because they made their millions and sitting pretty,
they want to make sure that nobody else has the chance at the American
Dream of getting rich. Besides not wanting other rich people moving into their territory, they want to make sure that there is no more growth to crowd out their lifestyle. They got their house built and then they throw all kinds of road blocks to see that there are no more houses around them. As far as China and India is concerned they just laugh at us trying to tell them to stay poor and to not improve their standard of living.
Good case in point, is Santa Barbara, CA.
Even most of the local people in Santa Barbara, that for years were oppossed to the off-shore oil drilling platforms, finally came around to supporting oil drilling to capture the oil that was naturally seeping out into the waters and on to the beaches, so that they can generate some oil royalty revenue for the cash strapped state of California. But no, the rest of the tree huggers in California put enough pressure on their representatives (via scare tactics) to get them to once again vote against getting that off shore oil. So these enviro (⊙▃⊙) don't mind having the rest of the state of California suffer while they live high on the hog.

I think jakebrake12 was asking about these new East version trucks.
Since they only pull two trailers they may only have them spec'd for 330 HP.

Wow, I don't know. Your current East trucks smoke me up any hill at any weight. We run 455 Detroit's but I don't know how far they are cut back. A 7 speed doesn't help either.