FedEx Freight | NEW Kenworth T660 tractors.

I have to tip my hat to the Vice President of Maintenance for buying these
Kenworth T660 for better fuel mileage and better looks. GREAT JOB.

2zxt6he.jpg

9szc5g.jpg

Rumor out of the shop is that 300 T660's are headed to Western facilities in the next few weeks...
And our old numbering system reportedly died with the west...
So no more 7 digit numbers for us in the West. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:
River'
Look AT the back of These,NO CHAIN Racks

trktch01 :clap:

Exactly. I noticed the fact that the chain racks are missing.
And on the left side with the battery box so far back you don't have any room at all.
I'm wondering now if Rob S. in Santa Clara had any say on these spec's.
They sure did not bother to consult me first either. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Exactly. I noticed the fact that the chain racks are missing.
And on the left side with the battery box so far back you don't have any room at all.
I'm wondering now if Rob S. in Santa Clara had any say on these spec's.
They sure did not bother to consult me first either. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

River'
He has nothing to do with the way THEY,The powers That be Order Equipment anymore,They Know better,ALL Equipment is Ordered by some People Sitting behind a Desk Anymore that Think They Know Better

FM,,, You should see the JUNK forklifts SGF is getting to put in the brand new "world class" center next month.... The oldest propane lifts in the country.... Not even side shift...

I hope you are joking. No side shift? I can only imagine what skids and sides of trailers are going to look like.....Just crank that wheel a little bit harder.

River'
He has nothing to do with the way THEY,The powers That be Order Equipment anymore,They Know better,ALL Equipment is Ordered by some People Sitting behind a Desk Anymore that Think They Know Better

I can just see it now.
HRO is going to spec trucks for us in the West to pull triples with.......
powered by a 250 Cummins with a blower.......:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That'd be courtesy of roogie.. here are some more of the ones in Kansas City, click to make bigger.

roogie

I notice now that these trucks have two fuel tanks.
Can you get back with us and find out how many gallons capacity you have in the left tank and how many gallons on the right side.????
Reminds me of the old Spartan KW T800 trucks that had 100 gallon tanks on each side. Just a big hassle to refuel.
All our west trucks have just one 150 gallon fuel tank on the right side and a battery box and step under the left driver door. For some of our runs we could probably use 170 or 180 gallon capacity, but having to use two fuel tanks kills a lot of room. No wonder you guys don't have chain racks when you have so much in fuel tanks.

Thanks for the nice pictures.

roogie

I notice now that these trucks have two fuel tanks.
Can you get back with us and find out how many gallons capacity you have in the left tank and how many gallons on the right side.????
Reminds me of the old Spartan KW T800 trucks that had 100 gallon tanks on each side. Just a big hassle to refuel.
All our west trucks have just one 150 gallon fuel tank on the right side and a battery box and step under the left driver door. For some of our runs we could probably use 170 or 180 gallon capacity, but having to use two fuel tanks kills a lot of room. No wonder you guys don't have chain racks when you have so much in fuel tanks.

Thanks for the nice pictures.

120 gallons on the right, 90 on the left.

roog

I'm noticing there is an auxiliary input for satellite radio in the front panel on the interior shot That will be very useful so as not to need a modulator anymore. Nice addition.

I like the t660's look like nice trucks am eagarly wating the arrival of the macks dont know why though they will probably rebuild my autoshift and say here you go put another 400000 on it and we will revisit you getting a new ride ,honestly I dont want a new new truck I would take a older one as long as it had a stick in the floor and Int,Kw,Volvo whatever just a stick no more autoshift

mtnmanhb :clap:

Not wanting to be picky here.
But all our trucks have diesel engines, and therefore we do not have gas pedals. Instead all our trucks have accelerators or fuel throttles.
I have driven this newer type of truck for over 3 or so years and never had any problem with my throttle. Actually it is very soft. And I run the cruise control 98% of the time.
Actually the brake pedal is the one you need to worry about in the snow.
And these Kenworth trucks have a nice long brake pedal to rest your foot on. Not like some of these other trucks that have a brake pedal like a car that comes from the top and you end up stabbing trying to find the pedal.
Stay safe in the snow.

River 17

you must drive on the flats... to be driving with the cruise on 98% of the time. Not here! and when your driving in the snow I promise you that you will not be on the cruise control!
instead, you would be having the same problem with your foot atop the (throttle):clap: with your leg in pain because you have to hover over the (throttle):clap:. You have to have lite pressure on the (throttle):clap:to making sure you don't spin your wheels! Like I said I wish they would go back to the old (throttle) for that reason!:shift::clap:

River 17

you must drive on the flats... to be driving with the cruise on 98% of the time. Not here! and when your driving in the snow I promise you that you will not be on the cruise control!
instead, you would be having the same problem with your foot atop the (throttle):clap: with your leg in pain because you have to hover over the (throttle):clap:. You have to have lite pressure on the (throttle):clap:to making sure you don't spin your wheels! Like I said I wish they would go back to the old (throttle) for that reason!:shift::clap:

mtnmanhb :clap:

Actually I drive mostly Interstates with no LA traffic, but plenty of mountains.
Last year I think I chained up once or twice. You just have to be at the right places at the right times.
The old throttle pedals were fine, but these new ones are real soft and easy to use as well.

yup! some one in Harrison Forgot that Out here in the West It snows on a regular basis. We can't shut down untill the sun comes out like they do.

yup! some one in Harrison Forgot that Out here in the West It snows on a regular basis. We can't shut down untill the sun comes out like they do.

fluff :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards..........
You can solve almost all your problems by doing a day run. :TR10driving03:

True that happens occasionally, I had a video of the rain blowing across the dock but not sure if I still have it, will look for it.

FM