FedEx Freight | NEW Kenworth T660 tractors.

No matter,,, a 400 Cummins,,, 450 Cummins,,, 435 Cat ,,,, still beats the heck out of the 330's the red racers had !!!!!

slackdragon :clap:

I think they must have your computer set for 290 hp. :biglaugh:

We run ISX Cummins with 450 hp. that are putting much less than that to the ground, but we still haul the mail. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:
They could put that in a volvo too.....couldn't they? :shift::TR10driving03:

I have a cat in my T-800 and I use it in the city its not a bad ride. All the other tractors in the yard have cummins motors but mine is the only one with a kitty cat. That sucker will pull some weight!

quit cryin be the professional you are supposed to be i dont care if the tractor is 50feet long put it where it has to go never had a dock i couldnt get to might take some work but it can be done

Here are some more pics. Courtesy of viknguy

5x4g7m.jpg

oh1hlh.jpg

roogie :clap:

Thanks for these pictures and the fact that you can double click to make them bigger is a real PLUS.
I guess viknguy found the previous ones on the Internet.
I can see where they made a couple of improvements from previous models.
For one thing they finally spec'd the correct mud flap brackets.
And also I see they also spec'd a post on both sides of the roof to put the brackets for the CB antennas, instead of on the mirror brackets of these aero type mirrors.
And also you folks are getting the bigger back window like we have been using in the West since like forever.

Great work on the pictures. :guiness::guiness::guiness:

roogie :clap:

The only thing these trucks are missing is the chain racks on both sides.
I know you guys don't run chains, but out here in the West they are going to have to figure out where to fit the chain racks.
I take it these are 155 inch wheel base??
They look about the same length as ours.
The only thing is I wished they had them with the two piece windshield instead of this one piece. That has to be more expensive to replace.

I see they still have the bullsh$$ gas pedal on them! NOT good in the snow! your foot has no where to rest. you use the top of the gas pedal in the snow. very light on it. after awhile you leg is in pain from holding it over the gas pedal. At last the old ones you had support from the bottom of your foot!!! it really stinks!!.....

must be nice to get a brand new truck, i still get handme downs after 14 years, company seniority doesnt mean squat, oh i forgot, you knew that when you transfered from one board to another, no new truck for me, punish me for my company time

I see they still have the bullsh$$ gas pedal on them! NOT good in the snow! your foot has no where to rest. you use the top of the gas pedal in the snow. very light on it. after awhile you leg is in pain from holding it over the gas pedal. At last the old ones you had support from the bottom of your foot!!! it really stinks!!.....

When I first got one of those trucks with that style gas pedal I found it hard to get used to (about 2 trips), now I hate getting into an older truck with the floor mounted gas pedal. I love it.:shift:

must be nice to get a brand new truck, i still get handme downs after 14 years, company seniority doesnt mean squat, oh i forgot, you knew that when you transfered from one board to another, no new truck for me, punish me for my company time
Could be worse you could join me back on the dock or be like some guys and not even have that...

FM

mtnmanhb :clap:

Not wanting to be picky here.
But all our trucks have diesel engines, and therefore we do not have gas pedals. Instead all our trucks have accelerators or fuel throttles.
I have driven this newer type of truck for over 3 or so years and never had any problem with my throttle. Actually it is very soft. And I run the cruise control 98% of the time.
Actually the brake pedal is the one you need to worry about in the snow.
And these Kenworth trucks have a nice long brake pedal to rest your foot on. Not like some of these other trucks that have a brake pedal like a car that comes from the top and you end up stabbing trying to find the pedal.
Stay safe in the snow.

bumped :clap:

I'm sure you won't want to hear this, but at Viking we bid our trucks once a year by company road seniority and not domicile seniority.
So if you moved to a new domicile on a voluntary basis and not a change of operations, you would be at the bottom of the road board but kept your company seniority for bidding trucks and vacations.
That is promptly coming to and end SOON, since we are now operating under AF rules.
Disclaimer: sounds like you went from city to road. So forget what I said above since that only referred to if you had all your seniority as a road driver all along.

bumped :clap:

I'm sure you won't want to hear this, but at Viking we bid our trucks once a year by company road seniority and not domicile seniority.
So if you moved to a new domicile on a voluntary basis and not a change of operations, you would be at the bottom of the road board but kept your company seniority for bidding trucks and vacations.
That is promptly coming to and end SOON, since we are now operating under AF rules.
Disclaimer: sounds like you went from city to road. So forget what I said above since that only referred to if you had all your seniority as a road driver all along.

River,
Look Out,
Have you seen any of these new k660's parked in any yards out West,from what i heard they are trying to change things around,might be seeing Volvo's out here this time around,

River,
Look Out,
Have you seen any of these new k660's parked in any yards out West,from what i heard they are trying to change things around,might be seeing Volvo's out here this time around,

trktch01 :clap:

I think all these new T660s are going to the Midwest and not the West that I have seen yet.
If they send Volvos out here it would only be done to keep our mechanics totally confused. Nothing like having to spend a bunch of money to send our mechanics to Volvo school.
I also heard that these Volvos are not mechanic friendly like the Kenworths.
If you see any Volvos, just send them to the dealer for warranty work. :biglaugh::biglaugh: