Central Transport | New pad updates

Freaking GPS keeps taking me down no truck zones.....Almost got a ticket today. Didn't see the sign, turns out it was knocked down.

GPS on the pad is for Auto's, not trucks, I never trust it. The only thing I use it for is a satallite view of a company to see which driveways the trucks use, if I have never been there before.

Great -I was wondering the whole time why you would have left that job!
i got a story about that happening to me...

did that at another company i drove for, one customer treated our drivers so bad we actually set our phones to record before we entered docks. i was the first to refuse to ever go back, bobtailed home 60 miles, cleaned out my truck and went home for weekend, i was not serious, never walked out on a job before, but it got the VP to call me and actually listen. that morning he rode with me to go get a dropped trailer there, i introduced him as a new driver who needed some polishing on his skills so he was riding with me for a week or so, dock worker took it from there, 4 letter words, cutting down company...... VP pulled out his business card and asked him if his resume' was current. we walked to their Pres's office,,,,,, in 5 minutes it was understood either he is fired, or we pull all trailers and cancel contract (95% of their shipments were on us, spotted 20 some trailers there, about 15 to 20 loads a day to Texas) Pres went out and fired guy and gave me his business card with cell phone number on it, said if i had any problems with replacement to call him direct.

the next week i sold all my swamp land in Az to that guy for a huge profit

GOTCHA :banana:

/we had a discussion tonight on them updates, more about the "lunch break" thing than others. is this vitrans way of complying with the 8 hour rule starting in june? he is going to see tomorrow if while on lunch o9f he drives it switches back to en route, that would mean it is tied to gps? so if you do log books , punch lunch, pull out of dock and park in street, that is falsification of logbook entries for just an honest mistake, you cannot be "off duty" and move your truck, congrats, you just got fired

i see some bad things coming down the road SOON, bad enough they want to nit pick with their NFI cow manure,,,,, but now,,,,"you should have known better"

/we had a discussion tonight on them updates, more about the "lunch break" thing than others. is this vitrans way of complying with the 8 hour rule starting in june? he is going to see tomorrow if while on lunch o9f he drives it switches back to en route, that would mean it is tied to gps? so if you do log books , punch lunch, pull out of dock and park in street, that is falsification of logbook entries for just an honest mistake, you cannot be "off duty" and move your truck, congrats, you just got fired

i see some bad things coming down the road SOON, bad enough they want to nit pick with their NFI cow manure,,,,, but now,,,,"you should have known better"
Eat that sandwich on the go boy!!!

"if you get pulled over and cannot show 30 minutes between your stops (times you put on bottom of DR) or show an electronic logbook also showing that, you are in violation of fed and vitran rules.... fired or fined,,,,,terminated for violating company policy,,,,,,your choice"

As long as the 1/2 hr break is between your 6th and 8th hour you are good for your shift. Its the same as Teamsters had to do for decades. Ask one of them how they handle it.

another driver showed me his pad today, just got an update. not much new, just easier to get around. now have drop down menu with labels "lunch, breakdown, en route to terminal, fueling".

the lunch one is probably to verify the 30 minute break within 8 hours of work beginning next month going into full force. this will be interesting, pitting us against dispatch....

driver " i need to punch in my lunch break, call you back in 30 minutes"

dispatch " i need this picked up NOW, who cares if you went 9 hours without a break"

if you get pulled over and cannot show 30 minutes between your stops (times you put on bottom of DR) or show an electronic logbook also showing that, you are in violation of fed and vitran rules.... fired or fined,,,,,terminated for violating company policy,,,,,,your choice

I know. And the other drivers I work with, brag how they made all of their deliveries and pickups without a break. Those are the guys that management likes the most and they get treated best. The ones that stand up to them, are the enemy and get the shaft! Management does not care about you, just as long as you make your third-party paid pickups. $$$$$

That's not my problem. I'm taking my lunch. I do wonder if we get two 15 min. breaks as well.....with this place you never know.

check your state laws,,,,, last i knew under feds law trucking and farming were exempted from the 15 minute breaks, but all hourly employees do get a lunch break of 30 minutes after 5 hours

vitran passed out paperwork awhile ago stating you take your lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour of your day. advise your dispatcher if he has any questions about this to contact human resources, they make the rules not him.

vitran passed out paperwork awhile ago stating you take your lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour of your day. advise your dispatcher if he has any questions about this to contact human resources, they make the rules not him.
I take mine when I get slammed with 6 or 7 pickups at once.

to bad, so sad......... get rid of clock strokers and this would hopefully not happen,, hopefully we all could work together (not to be confused with "can't we all get along")
I do my part.....The rest is not my problem....If they get missed...they get missed...Send me backup like I ask.......I'm just one person.

5th and 6th hours, so 9am starters this is 200 to 300,,,,**** poor time for lunch break

I do my part.....The rest is not my problem....If they get missed...they get missed...Send me backup like I ask.......I'm just one person.

one guy has 20 stops in a 30k population town, another has 10 stops but covers 200 miles somedays,,, computer says amount of drivers in correct according to amount of drops (program has no mapping) :Emoticon_digging:

i take mine as soon as possible, which is about halfway through my deliveries. that way you don't get pinched if dispatch starts loading up the tablet.