FedEx Freight | New Peterbilt city trucks (pics)

Is the suspension spring or air ride? I drive a city truck with an air ride cab but spring suspension now, and after a 10 hour day and 220 mile route each day it kills my back.

Is the suspension spring or air ride? I drive a city truck with an air ride cab but spring suspension now, and after a 10 hour day and 220 mile route each day it kills my back.
Yes air ride cab and suspension. Also movable 5th wheel. I have 3500 miles on the one I drive. I like it. I pull a pup lift gate daily good window views and turning radius.

I wouldn't say new, there is plenty of centers that already have these. Seen a few on the LIT yard awhile back

A PX9 power plant? Interesting choice. Still Cummins power, but painted and branded for PACCAR.

Not the kind of unit you'd want to be pulling a full set with, but it'd be perfect for low-height G trailers and tailgate pups.

A PX9 power plant? Interesting choice. Still Cummins power, but painted and branded for PACCAR.

Not the kind of unit you'd want to be pulling a full set with, but it'd be perfect for low-height G trailers and tailgate pups.
I need to double check, but I think they are only permitted for 37,000 gross. Basically a "pup load" gross weight. We'll get back to you on that, unless someone else has that info handy.

Last edited:

I need to double check, but I think they are only permitted for 37,000 gross. Basically a "pup load" gross weight. We'll get back to you on that, unless someone else has that info handy.
Glad I double checked!

They are permitted for 48,600, and up to 54,000 in one State...

mr5rvYL.jpg

alLcd4W.jpg