Yellow | New President of YRC

It sort of makes me wonder whether they have a clue about how to properly change the way the operation works to move in a profitable direction. It seems that they only know how to cut expenses in payroll, maintenance and upkeep. They seem to fire people or whole departments on a whim, to apparently save money, but pay out huge severance packages and dump the work onto people who don't have a clue or are so overwhelmed with work that they can't do it all. Maintenance is suffering by the constant penny pinching and pushing repairs off until it's too late. The buildings are falling apart because of lack of proper maintenance. They are constantly relying on the people that they put in charge, who don't have a proper knowledge, or have never done the job that they are in charge of managing, to make decisions that do not work to make the operation efficient. This all negatively affects the ability to make this company profitable, but they all refuse to listen to the men and women that rely on them to make the proper and educated decisions that affect their jobs and lives. Then when everything falls apart and upper management wants answers they dump the blame on the employees. The lack of accountability is laughable.

I remember when those Roadway guys stole the Oscars.

Easy there ABFer you're in our neighborhood, Roadway guys don't steal, we acquire stuff... lets get that straight if you're going to tell it...:438:
OK, I remember when the Oscars fell off the dock at Roadway.

It sort of makes me wonder whether they have a clue about how to properly change the way the operation works to move in a profitable direction. It seems that they only know how to cut expenses in payroll, maintenance and upkeep. They seem to fire people or whole departments on a whim, to apparently save money, but pay out huge severance packages and dump the work onto people who don't have a clue or are so overwhelmed with work that they can't do it all. Maintenance is suffering by the constant penny pinching and pushing repairs off until it's too late. The buildings are falling apart because of lack of proper maintenance. They are constantly relying on the people that they put in charge, who don't have a proper knowledge, or have never done the job that they are in charge of managing, to make decisions that do not work to make the operation efficient. This all negatively affects the ability to make this company profitable, but they all refuse to listen to the men and women that rely on them to make the proper and educated decisions that affect their jobs and lives. Then when everything falls apart and upper management wants answers they dump the blame on the employees. The lack of accountability is laughable.
dead on.
And will continue till the doors close.

OK, I remember when the Oscars fell off the dock at Roadway.

Rumor mill says those ex rex guys work at ABF now..........................
lol-045.gif

Rumor mill says those ex rex guys work at ABF now..........................
lol-045.gif
In which case meddling with those Oscars would be one of the best moves of their lives, eh. :hysterical:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.

So why did Mr Rogers leave or get axed? Someone knows; fill us in:stirthepot:.
I'm sure the answer will be.....to pursue other endeavors. Now if it was one of us the word would be...fired and there would be a dastardly reason behind it.

He was told to leave.Mr Rogers received a nice bonus check prior to the change.I would say MrWelch was tired of Mr Happy Jack being a cheerleader and not showing and leading YRC Freight in the right direction.Morally it isnt right for Mr.Rogers to get a bonus and not show significant progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Speculation only. Jeff Rogers was an outsider. His career with YRCW began at Holland. He did reasonably well there. I think Welch thought that he could fix 2 problems at once. First he rewards Rogers for his success at Holland. Second as Rogers has no Yellow vs Roadway baggage maybe the persistent cultural war could be ended. Jeff wasn't able to rally the troops around a unified destiny. And frankly I don't believe the cultures, at least among many, will ever call a truce. I hope I'm wrong!

I hope he was fired for allowing this disastrous last change of operations and forcing people to work a stupid amount of unwanted overtime. I would then feel he got some payback. We'll never know the truth, per usual.

Speculation only. Jeff Rogers was an outsider. His career with YRCW began at Holland. He did reasonably well there. I think Welch thought that he could fix 2 problems at once. First he rewards Rogers for his success at Holland. Second as Rogers has no Yellow vs Roadway baggage maybe the persistent cultural war could be ended. Jeff wasn't able to rally the troops around a unified destiny. And frankly I don't believe the cultures, at least among many, will ever call a truce. I hope I'm wrong!

I don't think you are wrong. It will go on until the end.

I'm sure the answer will be.....to pursue other endeavors. Now if it was one of us the word would be...fired and there would be a dastardly reason behind it.

He was told to leave.Mr Rogers received a nice bonus check prior to the change.I would say MrWelch was tired of Mr Happy Jack being a cheerleader and not showing and leading YRC Freight in the right direction.Morally it isnt right for Mr.Rogers to get a bonus and not show significant progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I hope he was fired for allowing this disastrous last change of operations and forcing people to work a stupid amount of unwanted overtime. I would then feel he got some payback. We'll never know the truth, per usual.
Which ever the factor behind Rogers departure,it will slip in due time.

Let's just all agree that (no matter what company we used to work for) the company that we are working for has lied to us time and time again. Whenever they have an opportunity to talk straight they would rather tell us that employees are filing bad workers comp claims and we need to stop. Make sure you turn in your brothers and sisters. They wasted how many dollars putting out that crap? Nobody cared about how the freight moved but let's police each other. I am sick of hearing about how we have to save the company and while suck asses can feel free to do whatever they want and management doesn't say a thing to them. This company (YRC Freight, not Yellow or Roadway) has been mismanaged since day one. I'm tired of cool-aid drinkers and company guys who stab Teamsters in the back. Instead of doing managements job we should be holding their feet to the fire. Not enough Teamsters and too many suck asses with a union job.