SAIA | New Raise

I have heard going to .71, not sure about hourly. Ins premiums and out of pocket going up nxt year also.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, who would you consider Saia's competition?
qks0ZXj.jpg

The dock/line haul hourly should be the same rate for p/d and varies from terminal to terminal...

But if you guys want something to bitch about - any of those California line drivers on here know what the California rate is yet?

This will probably draw a wide variety of responses, but I think it's OD leading the pack and the rest of the LTL world is fighting over the scraps. Just look at how far apart the OR is comparatively.

VgX2FZ4.jpg

OD is the leader without a doubt but SAIA is where OD was 20 years ago. Growing and no one saw them coming. SAIA is actually growing faster and the stock has almost tripled in about 3 years. SAIA will catch them in time because they run the same business model with the flexibility of being union free. Look at the OD stock at the bottom. They aren’t that far ahead in those numbers. Other numbers have them way out front but it’s only a matter of time that they will become neck and neck.

VgX2FZ4.jpg

OD is the leader without a doubt but SAIA is where OD was 20 years ago. Growing and no one saw them coming. SAIA is actually growing faster and the stock has almost tripled in about 3 years. SAIA will catch them in time because they run the same business model with the flexibility of being union free. Look at the OD stock at the bottom. They aren’t that far ahead in those numbers. Other numbers have them way out front but it’s only a matter of time that they will become neck and neck.

Can't and won't argue with your logic here. But, with all due respect, if you are a company who hasn't tripled your stock price in the last 4 years on the strength of the economy, then something in your business model is flawed. I would argue that the culture that exists at OD is a function of the overall OR for that company. I just don't see Saia taking any type of leadership role where they create and nurture a culture that OD has and will continue to sustain. As the number of Class A CDL holders continues to spiral on a downward trend, drivers will (more and more) be drawn to intangibles such as culture, respect, and fair treatment. Maybe Saia will pivot more in that direction, but buying new trucks with 7 (!!!) cameras in the cab certainly isn't a good start.