XPO | New Safety Policy January 2015

i really have to laugh some times when i think you mean what you post but then i come back to reality

D.o.t needs to make a standard no 2 hr. Back up rule

I love the 2 hour back-up. We have a lot of day runs and sometimes have to wait on equipment to come back. If you're not at a large center with long runs, I see why you wouldn't like it.

But everybody has their own opinions..right?

For me...life got better AFTER Con-way. Lord knows I drank the kool-aid, but once I put my glass down...I didn't have to worry about being overhead and my job eliminated.
I no longer had the stress or expectation of working a minimum 12-14 hour day. I can go home after 8 or 9 hours and be a family man. I am still a salaried employee, I actually got a bigger office and negotiated the same pay. All I'm saying, there is life after Con-way and alot of times, it's better.

12-14 hour minimums? You allude to working at the FSC (or CGO, depending on when you were there). I know a lot of folks there, in pricing, safety, linehaul, lean, HR, customs, L&D, etc. None of them work anything like that, most around 8-9 hours.

Even the south end of the third floor is cleared out by 5 or so.

I really can't imagine which department you were putting in 14 hour days into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped trailers will be 2pts. No longer automatic temination. Half strikes will be gone. There will be coaching sessions on accidents with no damage. Also the there are alot more changes coming. Can't remember all of them.. Stay tuned

These changes will all go away if the union goes away at least the union has there attention for now the only reason they are making changes is because of union activity believe it or not

12-14 hour minimums? You allude to working at the FSC (or CGO, depending on when you were there). I know a lot of folks there, in pricing, safety, linehaul, lean, HR, customs, L&D, etc. None of them work anything like that, most around 8-9 hours.

Even the south end of the third floor is cleared out by 5 or so. B.M. stays late, but he arrives late also.

I really can't imagine which department you were putting in 14 hour days into.

Never knew you were such an 'insider'.

They may change the point policy ect ect but remember one thing,,,, they can always change it again, back to what it was b4....
Without a contract they can do whatever they want to do to ward off organizing.

Right on the money couldn't have said it better plain and simple

Dropped trailer on private property, coach able event; dropped trailer on street, 2 strikes with coaching; rollover trailer,2strikes,with coaching; forklift departure,2 strikes with coaching, there ya have it.

Dropped trailer on private property, coach able event; dropped trailer on street, 2 strikes with coaching; rollover trailer,2strikes,with coaching; forklift departure,2 strikes with coaching, there ya have it.

thanks for the info. But unfortunately, we will still have grumpy people that will never be happy. Crazy aint it?

They may change the point policy ect ect but remember one thing,,,, they can always change it again, back to what it was b4....
Without a contract they can do whatever they want to do to ward off organizing.

Count on it. They said they would do whatever they legally could to keep the union out. Lying is legal.

That's what Saturday morning is for, when you get back at a decent time, not 1:30 in the afternoon.

A lot of business cannot be conducted on the weekend. I'm never there past 10 am anyways. Nobody is there after noon. Unless you breakdown or something. Had a driver not punch out til 1700 one saturday. He broke down. made some good money that day.

Let's hope they keep their promise. :17142:

Which promise? You can be sure they will do whatever, legal or illegal to keep the union out. All there other changes that benefit the drivers will more than likely disappear with any reason they think you might believe. They have proven so many times over the last 7to10 years that they have no INTEGRITY. If the changes are not in a legal binding contract, they are just farts in the wind.

Which promise? You can be sure they will do whatever, legal or illegal to keep the union out. All there other changes that benefit the drivers will more than likely disappear with any reason they think you might believe. They have proven so many times over the last 7to10 years that they have no INTEGRITY. If the changes are not in a legal binding contract, they are just farts in the wind.

Aren't we all just 'farts in the wind' ?