FedEx Freight | New Scanner Program

POPCORN said:
I cannot hardly believe what you City Drivers are posting. Is this a Real System? A system that FEDEX is actually considering as a Company Asset? If So... We are Doomed! How can anybody get any work done? I was a City Driver about 16 years ago and I liked it because my City Dispatcher worked his butt into the ground and treated his 30 City Drivers with Respect and he expected you to work. As it should be. We didn't have Cell Phones or Intermecs, we just called in from stops and he directed us to our Pick-ups. This new system sounds like someday it will be studied in College Business classes... as "How to Not Use your Human Resources".( I hate the term Human Resources) we are people, not Resources.

The system we have now works fine,we have all the pickups and delivieries in the handheld. We can message back and forth with dispatch,and they can see exactly where we are at if they want to. They can even retrace everywhere you have been. I dont see the point of this so called upgrade.

The system we have now works fine,we have all the pickups and delivieries in the handheld. We can message back and forth with dispatch,and they can see exactly where we are at if they want to. They can even retrace everywhere you have been. I dont see the point of this so called upgrade.

We got the new improved version months ago. After all the hype and training, started using them on Monday, by Wednesday it was back to the old version. They kept freezing up, dispatch was a mess.

Maybe they should of talked to the city drivers before they built the new program but some white shirt did it with no knowledge of what it takes to get through a city drivers day.

The best thing they could do is on a internet bol have a barcode created that contains all of the information so we can confirm the bill with one scan instead of typing in all the information.

I hate them... they will never get rid of drivers who sandbag the sandbaggers just find new ways to sandbag.. just like with this new system you just have to sandbag at a customers location instead of waiting to confirm at your next customer you just sit at your current customer for 10 - 15 more minutes before you leave... sandbaggers will always find ways to sandbag period... trust me we have plenty of tyhem at our yard. And FEDEX will only terrorize the ones who actually work and may sandbag a little they will never terrorize the real slackers..

The best thing they could do is on a internet bol have a barcode created that contains all of the information so we can confirm the bill with one scan instead of typing in all the information.

on ours it does do that when you have a internet pickup it already fills in everything you just confirm priority or economy thats all

One of the things that doesn't make sense to me on the new programming is the correction part. It said you can go back and fix errors after you confirmed the pickup. It showed a few items that can't be corrected. One of these items is the service type. We hear drivers confirming prty as econ and vice versa. Why would they not let this be one of the items that can be corrected?

I hate them... they will never get rid of drivers who sandbag the sandbaggers just find new ways to sandbag.. just like with this new system you just have to sandbag at a customers location instead of waiting to confirm at your next customer you just sit at your current customer for 10 - 15 more minutes before you leave... sandbaggers will always find ways to sandbag period... trust me we have plenty of tyhem at our yard. And FEDEX will only terrorize the ones who actually work and may sandbag a little they will never terrorize the real slackers..

You know so much about this so called sandbagger shat....you must be one ....Mr. Purple Pony

well you know the harder you work the more salck you have to pick up from the ones who sandbag... and well to be frank it gets old sometimes when I am running 25 - 30 stops in a 10 hour day and others are putting down 10 stops in a 10 hour day you do the math

pink pony said:
well you know the harder you work the more salck you have to pick up from the ones who sandbag... and well to be frank it gets old sometimes when I am running 25 - 30 stops in a 10 hour day and others are putting down 10 stops in a 10 hour day you do the math

So ,slow down. We all get paid the same,why work any harder then the slowest guy? They dont say a word to the slackers at my barn.

So ,slow down. We all get paid the same,why work any harder then the slowest guy? They dont say a word to the slackers at my barn.
Its not in some peoples makeup to slowdown and not give all they have. You do slow down as you get older but you still give all you have.

I respect people that give it all.

FEDEX should also, but they don't

Slackdragon said:
Its not in some peoples makeup to slowdown and not give all they have. You do slow down as you get older but you still give all you have.

You are right,but sometimes you see some of these slugs running around and they make every dime you do and work half as hard and its b.s.

I'm at a point in my life I only have to please me, and god of course, but that goes without saying.
so I work on my own ethic

Same here Slack. I don't give a rip what the other guy does. I give 100% and sleep good.
Constantly worrying about the other guy will make a feller miserable.
When I ran shuttle I worked hard the whole time on the patio. Others didn't, but I didn't care.
I gotta look at me in the mirror when I shave.

Well said--I don't feel right if I don't do my best. I have no respect for azz-draggers, especially when you run behind them and listen to the customers complain. I am off now on short term, and am anxious to get back. I hope I can still turn good #'s when I return, otherwise I won't feel right.

Sounds like it will be implemented company wide on Monday. Going in early for the education and testing on the new program today.

The first of the year the city drivers will be getting new ones and the road drivers will be getting our old ones.