ODFL | New Service Centers ???

GBO has several driver's who have assign'd tractor's who stay out west month at a time&pull triples.The gross weight is higher&they had to go thru OD training in the state's that pull them.
This is off topic, but does the company ask extraboard drivers from foreign terminals to pull trips where allowed (ie Ohio turnpike)? My endorsement says doubles/triples which means I'm licensed to do it, I just never have pulled trips before.

Even though your CDL has a triples endorsement OD requires you to take a training course,plus a trainer has to ride with you for 600mi before OD issues you a company LCV permit,without it can't pull them here,even your name comes up in different color print on dispatch computer when you're LCV certified so you can't be dispatched with them.

10/4 thanks for the info. I'd do it, but would definitely want some training beforehand...

Triples are easy, the only thing you need to watch for, are the weights on your 2nd and 3rd trailer. You can go about 7000 lbs. out of sequence (not legally of course) before it starts whipping. Then there are times that no matter what you do it just throws you all over the place, the best thing to do is when you look in the mirror and see that 3rd trailer just whipping is to quit looking in the mirror.

I agree with Bullwagon, third trailer is 65 feet away from me in the cab. back there its someone elses problem..

If you notice any new terminal will open on Friday.Not done over the weekend.We thought it was mainly so that the guys in Corp didn't have to work on the weekend to flip the switch.Or whatever they have to do.

Aren't all the new terminals basically the Same design just different size ? SAC FNO and RNO are.But at least Reno has a place to stage sets.

If you notice any new terminal will open on Friday.Not done over the weekend.We thought it was mainly so that the guys in Corp didn't have to work on the weekend to flip the switch.Or whatever they have to do.

Aren't all the new terminals basically the Same design just different size ? SAC FNO and RNO are.But at least Reno has a place to stage sets.

They are the same design if they are built new, and as similar as possible if they are a remodel of an existing site. As far as yard space it just depends on what's available. We have a pretty large area that is paved for stringing sets out of the way and an unpaved area outback if you need more room. The corporate side of changing a center over is usually all set up well in advance, just put it live to the system and away they go. I think the Friday move is more so to have everything moving smoothly by Monday since you have sat and sun to tweak things. I saw this when they opened a new center a couple years ago that was a spin off of ours.

And Wichita got a repave. Happy dance someways, yet again others not so much. Guys dropping loaded gotta be careful. Seemed a little soft. Maybe I'm just a paranoid old man.

Yeah no more dust bowl and mud. Wished I had taken a city position there a year ago when offered they have grow quite a bit.

Do your line haul drivers run the whole system or just stay in their region? Say like a Madison Wi. wild driver, would he just stay in the mid west? I wouldn't want to be running the north east! lol

You run what you want to.You will be wild when starting.You learn real fast how to work the system&where you want to run.We have driver's out of our term. that stay out month's at a time.They like to work thereself west.Then they can get 600 miles a day.Then we have some that want very little&would rather stay home&do turn's.Then you alway's have the schedule driver's.It all depend's on where you are located
Do your line haul drivers run the whole system or just stay in their region? Say like a Madison Wi. wild driver, would he just stay in the mid west? I wouldn't want to be running the north east! lol

SAL(Salina KS)moved in to its new barn this Friday,looks very nice.Its located just west of the junction of I-135 and Water Well Road exit 88.

We have a heated ramp, it is nice. I always thought they should have put in a garage bay for the mechanics to work. We don't have a shop so when the vendor comes to work on the trucks the have to work in the elements, or take it back to their shop. 1 single bay garage in the corner of the yard would be nice for them.

PAR shop sends out a couple of Techs driving a 30'bobtail shop truck to service P/D tractors,trailers,and liftgates,The PAR techs also service SAL,and GRB,oil changes,they do oil changes,minor repairs,tires,even brake jobs in the outdoors,thats got to be a fun job in the always beautiful Kansas weather.

GRB Great Bend KS moving into larger terminal after its remodeled in the next 90 days just 1 block north of present location.