TForce | New Terminals

I don't believe so because of the capital investment involved in doing it. Also they have plenty to fix at their existing terminals at least here in the northeast and Midwest

They need to open one in Corpus Christi, Tx cause the contractor that does part of south texas for us (Corpus, Victoria, Tx and surrounding areas) comes in our yard about 7 to 8 times a day and takes aloaded pup or van out of our yard in San Antonio. We load our vans and pups or their vans at our terminal and they do the Deliveries and pickups to those areas. They get more bills then the Beaumont, Tx terminal I say it's time for a terminal for STX.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to open one in Corpus Christi, Tx cause the contractor that does part of south texas for us (Corpus, Victoria, Tx and surrounding areas) comes in our yard about 7 to 8 times a day and takes aloaded pup or van out of our yard in San Antonio. We load our vans and pups or their vans at our terminal and they do the Deliveries and pickups to those areas. They get more bills then the Beaumont, Tx terminal I say it's time for a terminal for STX.

Didn't they start "zones" out there 5 1/2 years ago, And then close them??

Houston is 3 1/2 to 3 hours 45 minutes away and Victoria is 2 hours 15 minutes away. The terminal code for that area is STX which a contractor does. They getting a lot of inbound bills everyday. Yes the zones was closed down but they should have left this zone open. When the zone was open there was nobody down there supervising these drivers stuff was not getting delivered and they didn't know how to operate diads properly and a lot of stealing was going on. The pickups were starting to come around but they pulled the plug to early. Now the other zones in Texas was not doing as good as STX.

A terminal could be warranted but I'm sure it's a money issue. A lot easier to pay a contractor to go down there to make deliveries then it is to build a terminal hire staff and managers

According to Central VP a new facility will be opening near the O'hare area by spring. This is to relieve pressure off both CGO and PAL. They told us this when they were doing the bs of giving us the lowdown on the "numbers". Atlanta has come to realize that the potential in Chicago land is tremendous. According to him the long term plan also includes 1-3 additional sights in the next 18-24 months. Time will tell...

We really could use a new facility, but I doubt there is anything in the works. There are too many terminals in the system that need to be upgraded.
Cheaper to upgrade facilities then it is to buy new ones with the price of swamp land going up. Roflmao I couldn't resist almost every terminal up here in the northeast is either in the middle of a swamp or right beside a swamp for example NBR BUF MOO HRS BKL FRM BAY SBR need I go on. These terminals flood like crazy during rain storms or have major issues with the pavement in the yard

It is for freight. I've also been told there will also be a COO after the first of the year. The regional head of labor told the 705 and 710 BA's at regionals 2 weeks ago. But until it actually happens, I'm still a skeptic. Guess I've become jaded after all of UPS's lies and empty promises the last 8 years.....

They almost are at the point where they are going to have to have 1 in the northeast because the eols can't seem to hire anymore drivers and HRS is over manned when you start adding up all the drivers that are on call. Will wait and see of course

They almost are at the point where they are going to have to have 1 in the northeast because the eols can't seem to hire anymore drivers and HRS is over manned when you start adding up all the drivers that are on call. Will wait and see of course

That amazes me. Why so hard to find drivers?