New to nemf, cincy

shabo

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, new to all of this especially the ltl business. Just got signed on to linehaul out of cincinnati. Talked to the dispatchers and they said freight is picking up and drivers are staying busy. Reading some of the threads for nemf and most of them are negative. Is it really all that or just some bad apples. Look forward to posting on here from time to time, and reading up on things.:smilie_132:

Shabo,

The bad apples have big mouths and take it with a grain of salt. Do your job, be a good employee and all will be fine.........there will be some crap, but welcome to the real world. Many of the Teamster companies bash NEMF...........but they have a lot more to worry about than you. 90% of the large LTL companies that have closed their doors in the past 10 years were all Teamsters. Nothing against the Teamsters, but fact is fact..........!

This is a tough time in the freight industry, but Mike S. is a smart man and will prevail.........while others do not.

I hooked a friend of mine up with a P&D job over a year ago in NY and he has been pleased.

maybe if you were close to teamsters union scale
many other union drivers would not bash nemf. I remember when chevelle owned eastern express long ago he hates teamsters his brother died in avery suspicious fire he has aspirations to be as big as St. Johnsbury was just look at where you are now and where they were.

It is a good job. Very little negative from my mouth. Just come in do your and things seem to work out around here. There are some tough things to get used to just like any other job. Do not ***** at first just sit back and look at where it is coming from. In 6 mos you will see it firsthand.

Welcome Brother

Dear Shabo:
Welcome. We in the east are very happy that the Company decided to open up new terminals in the midwest. We are looking forward to more terminals opening in the future, after we get past the present economic slu mp that the Country is in.
We have more than 1,800 Union Employees here and more than 1/3 of them have been here for over 10 years, like me. Many have stayed 20 or more years.
Either this is an insane assylum and the patients have not learned how to escape yet, or a lot of people believe in this place and find it worth while staying here. I am the latter.
Remember, the thing that drivers do best is complain. :funky: Bro. George

Suck it up bad apples!

Hi, new to all of this especially the ltl business. Just got signed on to linehaul out of cincinnati. Talked to the dispatchers and they said freight is picking up and drivers are staying busy. Reading some of the threads for nemf and most of them are negative. Is it really all that or just some bad apples. Look forward to posting on here from time to time, and reading up on things.:smilie_132:

Shabo, Hello and welcome to NEMF Cincinnati! First of all, I'm "Lost Cause" and I drive for Conway Freight Cincinnati and I drive to Pittsburgh on average 4-5 nights a week and I drive there with the NEMF Cincinnati guys, when I can catch them, and you are a pretty lucky guy because that is a great group of guys to run with. Secondly, one thing you should know about the LTL guys is they complain a lot and have a negative attitude a lot of times but 5 years down the road they are still in the same job and still complaining about the same things. Remember, a negative attitude spreads like cancer, so don't surround yourself with those types of people. You will have your share of crap no matter who you work for and no matter what you do. In order for you to secure your job for tomorrow is to do your job today. The NEMF Cincinnati guys are a good group of guys and they will be more than happy to show you the ropes. You ever go to NEMF Bentlyville PA or Erwin PA stops and you see the BIG Conway Freight Volvo sleeper truck on the road, give me a shout (Lost Cause). Good luck to you in your new job, I'm sure you will like it as well as the guys you will run with!:smilie_132:

Shabo, Hello and welcome to NEMF Cincinnati! First of all, I'm "Lost Cause" and I drive for Conway Freight Cincinnati and I drive to Pittsburgh on average 4-5 nights a week and I drive there with the NEMF Cincinnati guys, when I can catch them, and you are a pretty lucky guy because that is a great group of guys to run with. Secondly, one thing you should know about the LTL guys is they complain a lot and have a negative attitude a lot of times but 5 years down the road they are still in the same job and still complaining about the same things. Remember, a negative attitude spreads like cancer, so don't surround yourself with those types of people. You will have your share of crap no matter who you work for and no matter what you do. In order for you to secure your job for tomorrow is to do your job today. The NEMF Cincinnati guys are a good group of guys and they will be more than happy to show you the ropes. You ever go to NEMF Bentlyville PA or Erwin PA stops and you see the BIG Conway Freight Volvo sleeper truck on the road, give me a shout (Lost Cause). Good luck to you in your new job, I'm sure you will like it as well as the guys you will run with!:smilie_132:

Lost Cause,
You summed up the "driver attitude" so well!!!!!! And unfortunately that applies to so many drivers for so many different companies.

We are not all like that but there are quite a few. I think it's pretty f'in cool of ya while working for another company to jump in over here and welcome a new driver. You very rarely see that kind of courtesy.

Thanks, for all the responses!

I have run the bentleyville,pa run a couple of times, and they are a bunch of good guys. It's been two weeks now and I am satisfied with nemf, and look forward to pay day. They have me as an extra right now, and run a bit of everything. Even an overnight run, but I told the night manager I'll do what ever :butt kiss:. If i see you "lost cause" i'll give you a shout on the road.

Shabo

I have run the bentleyville,pa run a couple of times, and they are a bunch of good guys. It's been two weeks now and I am satisfied with nemf, and look forward to pay day. They have me as an extra right now, and run a bit of everything. Even an overnight run, but I told the night manager I'll do what ever :butt kiss:. If i see you "lost cause" i'll give you a shout on the road.

Shabo

Sweet...well hopefully everything is working out well for you. Remember, patience is a virtue. You may not get the runs that you want all of the time, but hang in there, pay your dues and your runs will come. Hope to see you out on the big road!:1036316054:

We are not all like that but there are quite a few. I think it's pretty f'in cool of ya while working for another company to jump in over here and welcome a new driver. You very rarely see that kind of courtesy.

Well we all have been the new guy before. And personally, I really like the NEMF guys, pretty good group, regardless of their location, they are ALL courteous and professional out on the big roads. I can respect that. Hope to see/run with more of you guys in the near future. See you all soon!:1036316054:

company

Hey George
I will agree with 1 part of your statement about it being a decent company to work for but the part about the union; well don;t get me started about a useless union who;s only goal is to collect the dues every week and get nothing in return. I have been fighting them for five months now trying to get my severance since i left there in the spring, i have gotten more excuses out of fort lee and philly that i have to wonder just what kind of people they have running things in the office; thought i finally made headway the first of this month; was told it would be out no later than the 10th of the month; well guess what talked to them yesterday and was informed that they would try and get to it this week; have heard everything but the best one was last month when i was told there would be a delay because their kids were getting ready to go back to school, what in the hell does their kids going back to school got to do with my severance? come on; can;t they do better than that. well george i know your up there in 01 and close to the source you might want to put a bug in someones ear about how things are handled in the union offices. plain and simple it STINKS

Not a bad place to work, no different than anyother LTL. Just got to get used to the insane way that the operation works. Alot of the time it does not make sense but I guess they know what they are doing. All will be ok just sit back and watch the show and take it for what it is, until you learn the game and you will do fine...............

I worked for NEMF for the last 5 years out on LI. local P&D. It was a good job, made $21.85 an hour when I left in July. Wife got sick and can't work anymore so I moved south, to N Carolina, where I could afford a house and property taxes Sure, it's a bs union, machinist and aerospace workers? Just do your job and you will make out fine. There are whiners and problems at every job. If they had a terminal here I would go to work for them tomorrow.