Holland | New Tractors

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
16 new Volvos arrived via piggy-back this week in Memphis.
Any other barns getting new equipment? Time to retire those old Sterlings to the city. I wish they would send the Internationals out west. Grizz

I seen two Volvos going across I-90 Thursday going east out of Erie probably headed for Buffalo. Think the truck numbers were 27227 and 27313. Heard our term was getting none, but that don’t surprise me any. Hope everyone is staying warm, later Stimpy.

Columbus has gotten about 12 of the new trucks the last two weeks. Piggybacked in 2 to 4 at a time. Usually the other 2 are going to other Holland terminals. Today we received two, on the back of two Volvo sleepers. Good thing those weren't ours.

16 new Volvos arrived via piggy-back this week in Memphis.
Any other barns getting new equipment? Time to retire those old Sterlings to the city. I wish they would send the Internationals out west. Grizz
I saw two in our shop Thursday.

GR got three. Our garage says that is all we are getting this time around. 1.3 million on my truck, I guess it gets to go a while longer.

I seen two Volvos going across I-90 Thursday going east out of Erie probably headed for Buffalo. Think the truck numbers were 27227 and 27313. Heard our term was getting none, but that don’t surprise me any. Hope everyone is staying warm, later Stimpy.
thursday when i was in buffalo, ufs had two new trucks sitting by the shop. so yes, you are correct.

doogie 396 most of our roadmen are running 1997 internationals former red star still run strong and tight only they are spring ride we have 2 of the new internationals as well

doogie 396 most of our roadmen are running 1997 internationals former red star still run strong and tight only they are spring ride we have 2 of the new internationals as well

Mine is a fomer Dugan truck. 31537. It has been in maintenance alot in the last few months. Lost a trans. and a few electrical problems. I figured they would put it in the city soon to avoid some of the wrecker bills.

Roadway and Yellow are also getting new volvo`s ..I know at Roadway there having them delieved to the gaining terms in the change coming in march, to match drivers gainig at terminals

Anyone know about the teams Reddaway plans on running out of Fontana to Dallas? I heard a rumor about it the other day. Just wondering if anyone knows if they're buying new sleepers or getting hand me downs from Roadway and/or Yellow.

What color were the usf trucks?Swamp holly orange perhaps!

I believe the color on USF's new Volvo's is called Omaha Organge. It is a little darker then Yellow's SwampHolly Yellow. When you park one next to Yellow's you can see a difference.

Still I would imagine you change the LOGO and it would blend in with Yellow just a little darker!!

2 more hit the yard Friday. I wonder what color Reddaway's equipment is? I noticed a sign on the sides of a old Bestway tractor (Operated by Reddaway), whats up with that? JJ whats up the logo comment? Your not looking into that crystall-ball are ya? I drove a new Volvo Friday, sweet ride. GRIZZ

2 more hit the yard Friday. I wonder what color Reddaway's equipment is? I noticed a sign on the sides of a old Bestway tractor (Operated by Reddaway), whats up with that? JJ whats up the logo comment? Your not looking into that crystall-ball are ya? I drove a new Volvo Friday, sweet ride. GRIZZ

I think just because they are registered by Bestway and Reddway and Holland taking over there equipment they just but them decals over the old name saying operated by Reddway or Holland. The tractors in Jackson, Little Rock and Withchia say the same thing. I seen the 2 new ones in Memphis Thursday nite as I was making a kick on my way home home out of Litlle Rock, Ar.

JJ hows bizz in LR? I noticed on our service map that we weren't servicing all of ARK. It's probably going to take a while to iron this out. I wonder how the brains in charge are going to make the Bestway frt pay? Good luck Reddway GRIZZ