ODFL | New Trailers

S

Skywalker1

Have any of you guys seen the new trailers that are black?There have been several in GBO,just sitting around and now their hitting the road and man do they look good!Especially with "THE POWER OF OD" writing on the sides!

door frames

Skywalker1 said:
Have any of you guys seen the new trailers that are black?There have been several in GBO,just sitting around and now their hitting the road and man do they look good!Especially with "THE POWER OF OD" writing on the sides!

Look at the door frames,polished steel.And of course the lights are the new kind.

Skywalker1 said:

Skywalker,
Now you wouldn't happen to have anything to do with all this "darkside" color scheme going on in the company would ya?:robot:

I plead the fifth on all of it but it does look good I must say.

sparky said:
So I am kind of waiting. To hear what this is all about.
What, the new color of trialers?I was told they were going to have several out on the road to promote their new slogan.Why they are black,well that is another story.

Well I got a black jacket, Black striped shirts, Off green shirts with black collar, black cap and a black pen so far. Am I going to get a black white and off green tractor with matching trailers

Yeah should not be a bad color scheme. Means business like UPS. Should not make OD look like a drinking water delivery truck like one of ODs competitors.

i was shown a picture of one in Miami.The Power of OD on the sides.This is an advertising thing like the 60 years trailers in 1994.Roadway has trailers on the road advertising their critical shipment service right.It is marketing the brand,new colors make you look and read just like a billboard.A very good idea that will work and does not cost a whole lot .

Black Trucks...That'll be great when locals are loading or unloading 500 tires on 90 degree, hot ,sunny days. That will really keep my moral up! Another great idea from the uppers.

Clear roof

Black Trucks...That'll be great when locals are loading or unloading 500 tires on 90 degree, hot ,sunny days. That will really keep my moral up! Another great idea from the uppers.

When I worked freight they started buying the ones with the clear roofs.Those things are much hotter than the old ones.A load of rolls in one of them is a bad day.

Interesting

Now this is starting to get interesting.Any body seen the " shiny " trailers ? No name at all on them,brand new,polished from one end to the other,53 footers.Made somewhere in Alabama.They are in MRT and GBO.And Bowman must be selling some of their 53's.Few are at Big R and O.D.

Do you think those are just lease trailers for riding the rails? Or are they sporting OD style numbering? We had a bunch of ex-heartland lease trailers out West during the summer months.