Yellow | New trucks in Chicago shop......

freightman68

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok i heard a nasty rumor, a Milwaukee driver told another driver who told me, that the new trucks in the Chicago shop have cameras, is that true? Some of the lane departure systems look like cameras from the outside,, someone should also look in the inside to see of there is a lens pointed at the driver, I worked at Conway and that was one of the 1000, reasons I quit so I do know a little about them and what they might look like, so pics would be great if someone could get some.

I heard that YRC Freight in Atlanta just installed all new High Definition color cameras throughout the barn, yard, and gate areas! I guess they had to find some way to spend some of that 15% giveback money? That's right Mr. Welch, just keep hammering those drivers with new fangled surveillance equipment! That will definitely improve morale and make the freight move faster! What a joke!

Ok i heard a nasty rumor, a Milwaukee driver told another driver who told me, that the new trucks in the Chicago shop have cameras, is that true? Some of the lane departure systems look like cameras from the outside,, someone should also look in the inside to see of there is a lens pointed at the driver, I worked at Conway and that was one of the 1000, reasons I quit so I do know a little about them and what they might look like, so pics would be great if someone could get some.

Hard to believe YRCW would buy anything but a basic truck.

I heard that YRC Freight in Atlanta just installed all new High Definition color cameras throughout the barn, yard, and gate areas! I guess they had to find some way to spend some of that 15% giveback money? That's right Mr. Welch, just keep hammering those drivers with new fangled surveillance equipment! That will definitely improve morale and make the freight move faster! What a joke!

Yeah they seem to have MONEY for everything else ,BUT giving us back say at least 5% of our pay ???? yeah heard at the Regional ones , they are to get new computers in mounted in the OLD junk trucks & new forklifts scales again , BUT on the same OLD junk forklifts , and how about putting cameras in the OFFICE to watch them ????

Can Onboard Cameras Improve Truck Safety?

Each system uses cameras that capture an exterior forward view from the cab and an interior view of the driver and the passenger seat. Although drivers may be uncomfortable with the idea of a camera turned on them, that interior view can be crucial in any post-incident analysis.

For example, one particularly frightening video shared by Melton at the summit showed what happened when a truck ran off the road and overturned. The video of the driver showed him slumping over the wheel. He told the company he didn’t fall asleep, he wasn’t fatigued.

And he wasn’t. The video helped identify a previously undiagnosed medical problem, Buchanan said. “We were able to get the right health care that might save his life,” he said.

Can Onboard Cameras Improve Truck Safety? | JOC.com

new trucks that goes to the the hardest working drivers in America:LMAO::438::busted::hide: driving 45 mph, sleeping in the rail , sitting around talking , reading the news paper, stopping to cut the grass or shovel snow at home, or stop for 2 hour lunch 309 cgb shuttle guys keep them 24 hours a day :438::LMAO: road wont see them anyway and the rest will be in 347 /stp lol heard from big boss 100 trucks

new trucks that goes to the the hardest working drivers in America:LMAO::438::busted::hide: driving 45 mph, sleeping in the rail , sitting around talking , reading the news paper, stopping to cut the grass or shovel snow at home, or stop for 2 hour lunch 309 cgb shuttle guys keep them 24 hours a day :438::LMAO: road wont see them anyway and the rest will be in 347 /stp lol heard from big boss 100 trucks
If they see a new truck hooked to a set, they will drop it out and use it for them selfs. If you have a missing light cord well they must have spare you know.

Yeah they seem to have MONEY for everything else ,BUT giving us back say at least 5% of our pay ???? yeah heard at the Regional ones , they are to get new computers in mounted in the OLD junk trucks & new forklifts scales again , BUT on the same OLD junk forklifts , and how about putting cameras in the OFFICE to watch them ????

Everybody's being watched! Check out this picture from Welch's office...

With all the new Technology in place in the trucks, I have one question:

WHERE IS THE UNION?

There should (no) MUST be a uniform policy as to what is a no-no, and what disciplinary reprecussions are. This technology has been out for years. If the Teamsters
are in the dark about what other companies have done, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

With all the new Technology in place in the trucks, I have one question:

WHERE IS THE UNION?

There should (no) MUST be a uniform policy as to what is a no-no, and what disciplinary reprecussions are. This technology has been out for years. If the Teamsters
are in the dark about what other companies have done, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

I heard from a good source that they are scraping DNA from the tractor steering wheels to create a database of employee's DNA to be able to use against us in disciplinary actions in the future. Be careful what you touch.

I heard from a good source that they are scraping DNA from the tractor steering wheels to create a database of employee's DNA to be able to use against us in disciplinary actions in the future. Be careful what you touch.

I can confidently state that you would get many more substances from a steering wheel besides just DNA.