Estes | New Trucks

jdavis507

TB Lurker
Credits
I keep hearing Rob isn't gonna buy anymore used trucks. With that said, has anyone seen any new sleepers, if so what kind? My teammate and I currently have a Volvo and love it, but the miles are adding up quick. We damn sure don't want some pile of crap automatic.

Waiting on 400 of them on their way...Another 300 to be ordered in May,from what I'm hearing...1100 all together..They already got the first 400 in...

Just heard from good source @001 120 brand new sleepers Prostars have been orderd... And they arent skimping on the hourse power form what he said... and 50 ,60 more used sleepers coming

I just have one rquest you teams keep mine clean inside while i'am waiting for you to put 800,000 plus miles on it before i get it...........

ha,ha, not skimping on hp? you make me laugh. by the time an estes shop puts there hands on it ,it will never pull a hill again.this is 15 yrs of experience talking here.

ha,ha, not skimping on hp? you make me laugh. by the time an estes shop puts there hands on it ,it will never pull a hill again.this is 15 yrs of experience talking here.

sounded good when he was talking . hey but a new truck is a new truck specialing sleepers are getting old

they said the same about the 8600 series trucks. if this is there idea of lots of ponies then I shudder to think what they consider cut back.
Just heard from good source @001 120 brand new sleepers Prostars have been orderd... And they arent skimping on the hourse power form what he said... and 50 ,60 more used sleepers coming

I just have one rquest you teams keep mine clean inside while i'am waiting for you to put 800,000 plus miles on it before i get it...........

Picked up my new one last night..Automatic 10 speed...Very quiet..Smooth ride...Pulls pretty good..But it's new..We'll see when it gets about 200,000 on it...

Doggone! You might see the million mile award if you ever come off of that part time run. Lol

Think I become eligible next year.... Won't that be nice...My picture plastered all over the terminal.. I'll have to let you know when it comes around..Maybe you can drop by and I'll buy you supper...Crawdads and boiled potatoes..Hmm good...

Don't worry,come November I'll probably be back out there pulling down that 570 mile run..Just taking a well deserved rest,to let the 'ol ticker catch back up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I become eligible next year.... Won't that be nice...My picture plastered all over the terminal.. I'll have to let you know when it comes around..Maybe you can drop by and I'll buy you supper...Crawdads and boiled potatoes..Hmm good...

Don't worry,come November I'll probably be back out there pulling down that 570 mile run..Just taking a well deserved rest,to let the 'ol ticker catch back up...

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it

I miss my large car.. it's getting fixed up and the windows cleaned should have it back when i leave this weekend.it's got 840,000 n still going strong.. Had a nice loaner with no power i thought i had a two stick mack. with all the shifting on them lil east coast hills that i was doing.....

I miss my large car.. it's getting fixed up and the windows cleaned should have it back when i leave this weekend.it's got 840,000 n still going strong.. Had a nice loaner with no power i thought i had a two stick mack. with all the shifting on them lil east coast hills that i was doing.....
Mine has a million and a half. It uses a little oil and had some leaks but it very seldom puts me out of service. It also gets over 7mpg.

I got my new truck 3 weeks ago with an automatic and I LOVE!!!! it. Took about 2 nights to learn to work with the truck but since then I would not trade with anyone. It is quiet, rides great, pulls like a 20mule team and gets up to highway speed faster than I ever could with a straight shift. Sometimes its nice to get old and have pity taken on you.:o)