New York City,NY,Gotta be more to this,A Semi making a turn causes a 7 car crash?

After watching and pausing the vid. It appears the Mail Hauler ?, didn't protect his right side. Instead of being in the right turn lane, then moving left and and going back right, he started his turn from the center, thinking that the Shuttle Van would see and respect his right signal. Instead the Van Driver saw an opportunity to come from behind him and beat him to the turn to gain precious NEW YORK , NY. secs., he lost, and then everyone else tailgating and not paying attention as they checked their arrival and departure times were caught in the ensuing may-lay.
:smilie93C_peelout::TR10driving03:

I remember making a delivery in New Jersey and had to back in from the street...I had all lanes blocked, everyone knew exactly what I was trying to do but they still tried to squeeze around my blind side...

Hay 1tt1,that is any large city,nobody thinks about anyone but themselves.
Most 4 wheeler drivers hate commercial drivers.
They must think all of Americas goods just magically appear on store shelves when they need to buy something.

I remember making a delivery in New Jersey and had to back in from the street...I had all lanes blocked, everyone knew exactly what I was trying to do but they still tried to squeeze around my blind side...

Exactly, they push the envelope right to the last few feet. They know what you are trying to do, but won't stop until they can't fit behind you. If they just all stopped and gave you 2 mins., it would be quicker and safer for all in involved. Their DNA just won't allow it.
:shift:

That's a side entrance to the cargo area at JKF Airport. Those side streets off of Rockaway and Farmers Blvd are loaded with cargo container stations. Anyone with half a brain knows those tractor trailers swing wide. Call me a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ if you want but I'll bet the driver of the van who caused the accident was a hard working West African immigrant who just made a bone head move in an attempt to beat the trailer

The pass side cab of the truck appears to be hit, hard to tell what happened but, the truck is way out of position..lol. He may have been lost, driving too slow, and that 1 car decided to pass him using the right turn lane and go straight but, the truck decided to turn right at the last minute?
I like how the reporter says cops are directing traffic through the grass...and no cop is there, somebody decided to cut through there, then it was follow the leader..unreal. 4-wheelers around there are ruthless in traffic jams!!

After watching and pausing the vid. It appears the Mail Hauler ?, didn't protect his right side. Instead of being in the right turn lane, then moving left and and going back right, he started his turn from the center, thinking that the Shuttle Van would see and respect his right signal. Instead the Van Driver saw an opportunity to come from behind him and beat him to the turn to gain precious NEW YORK , NY. secs., he lost, and then everyone else tailgating and not paying attention as they checked their arrival and departure times were caught in the ensuing may-lay.

right, he should have done an old fashion, "button-hook"....

oh well.....

I still enjoy a good block the street, then walk back and look behind, and keep everyone in a holding position. Man that pisses em off!!!!

They do, most people have no idea how anything they have got to the store or wear it came from, they see a truck have no idea why it's on the road, they see a train have no idea why it's on the rails, most people don't even know the food they eat a lot of it like fruit and stuff comes in metal shipping containers from other countries.

They do, most people have no idea how anything they have got to the store or wear it came from, they see a truck have no idea why it's on the road, they see a train have no idea why it's on the rails, most people don't even know the food they eat a lot of it like fruit and stuff comes in metal shipping containers from other countries.

To sum it up, most people are seriously deprived when it comes to common sense. That's my Labor Day Weekend quotation! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know most times city traffic is really heavy,however I don't get why 7 cars crashing behind a trucker making a turn should involve him?

Tractor trailer, 7 cars collide in Queens | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV

From the video it looks like the front right side fender and fuel tank on the truck are destroyed along with the rear left section of the shuttle van. I would assume with that damage that the truck didn't slow fast enough and barreled through traffic. Just my thoughts based on damage.

Being from brooklyn ny originally and knowing that area, EVERYONE drives like first class idiots with their pants on fire in Queens

Being from brooklyn ny originally and knowing that area, EVERYONE drives like first class idiots with their pants on fire in Queens

well now, you "whoa" right there....

what you mean to say is....."everyone drives like first class idiots with thier pants on fire, that is if they are wearing any".....

Know the area well and as any driver knows attempting a right turn you gotta take up two lanes but not allowing enough room for the 4 wheelers to squeeze in from the right. Can't tell if his tandems were slid up or not. Anyways everyone in NYC drives like they're in Nascar trading paint with each other. You're not from a bona fide NYer if your car doesn't have a few dents in it and a rubber tire strip hanging on your bumper to keep from getting banged up from parallel parking.