Yellow | Next Century's bid for Yellow back on table

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

:bouncy:

Marlon Brando Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Found this additional info on social media...

NCI will pay FULL wages and benefits that ABF has in the Central Supplement, TeamCare Insurance and Pensions will be.....Next Century’s business model is also based on its participation in the two Teamster multiemployer hybrid pension plans – the Central States hybrid pension plan and the New England Teamsters hybrid pension plan. Next Century would have no withdrawal liability in either of those plans. Its business model includes contribution rates per covered employee would provide accruals greater than the Yellow NMFA contribution rates to those plans. As you know, the Yellow west coast Teamsters are covered by the Teamsters National 401(k) plan. Next Century’s business model is based on a default provision such that any Teamsters members who do not participate in the hybrid plans would become participants in the National 401(k) plan at rates no less than the rates Yellow’s operating companies contributed to the that plan.
With respect to health care coverage, the Next Century model also provides for coverage through Teamsters TeamCare at the same level of benefits and contribution rates as is currently paid by UPS (plus retiree).

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

NCI will pay FULL wages and benefits that ABF has in the Central Supplement, TeamCare Insurance and Pensions will be.....Next Century’s business model is also based on its participation in the two Teamster multiemployer hybrid pension plans – the Central States hybrid pension plan and the New England Teamsters hybrid pension plan. Next Century would have no withdrawal liability in either of those plans. Its business model includes contribution rates per covered employee would provide accruals greater than the Yellow NMFA contribution rates to those plans. As you know, the Yellow west coast Teamsters are covered by the Teamsters National 401(k) plan. Next Century’s business model is based on a default provision such that any Teamsters members who do not participate in the hybrid plans would become participants in the National 401(k) plan at rates no less than the rates Yellow’s operating companies contributed to the that plan.
With respect to health care coverage, the Next Century model also provides for coverage through Teamsters TeamCare at the same level of benefits and contribution rates as is currently paid by UPS (plus retiree).

No hybrid scam crap all the other Union auto companies Cassens Transport and five smaller carriers want the same deal now too. I love how nobody wants to pay for these pensions. Democrats bailout union pension funds but screw everybody on just social security/disability they should have gotten a $1000 a month increase too.

Just amazing, they can do all of this without a single customer, truck, sales rep, terminal, laptop, no forklifts, no onboard system, no NMC Classification Program, no SCAC Code, No USDOT Number, no linehaul plan, no insurance, no dock software, no compliance department etc...
Yet they have all of the wages & benefits negotiated???
What an organization.....

Wouldnt a going concern bid transfer all those needed credentials since it is designed to keep the company up & running as-is??? Basically it would be as if they sold off some assets to remove debt and continued on as a leaner company with NCI operating as the Logistics company?

As Puff said, the infrastructure just isn't there, to support going forward and starting operations. Not to mention the cost of getting the facilities just back to operational would be massive.

With the fleet of old equipment and employees it should be called last century logistics.
Could just call in 99 Freight or Not Quite a Century.
Maybe "Geriatric Transport", or "GT" for short?
Oh yee of little faith. There's an old saying I've always liked, "Better to have tried and failed than to have done nothing and succeeded." Our human advancement has relied on those who attempt, not those who don't even try. Not equating the attempted startup of Next Century to some earth shaking new development, but why so much negativity? At least someone is trying something. Maybe it will fail, maybe it will succeed, who knows.

Do you guys remember when yellow gave us those stock shares that was gonna make up for our pension loses mine was worth less than 50 dollars when i cashed it in that is what they are trying to do now give you some worthless stock instead of the warn act money just give me my vacation money they own me and i will be happy there is no way they are going to give you stock that will be worth anything they will take the stock and redo it so you get nothing like yellow did there not gonna fool me twice just my 2 cents worth

Do you guys remember when yellow gave us those stock shares that was gonna make up for our pension loses mine was worth less than 50 dollars when i cashed it in that is what they are trying to do now give you some worthless stock instead of the warn act money just give me my vacation money they own me and i will be happy there is no way they are going to give you stock that will be worth anything they will take the stock and redo it so you get nothing like yellow did there not gonna fool me twice just my 2 cents worth
Those were warrants worth whatever the stock price was less a "strike price" They were nearly worthless when we got them but had the potential to be worth quite a bit if the stock price went up from that point. It didn't; it dropped like a rock. Then our warrants became completely worthless when they did two reverse splits totaling 1:7500. When the stock finally bottomed out last year at about $1.00, that means the original pre-reverse split shares were worth $.000133, or more simply put, just over 75 shares for a penny.

Last edited:
Those were warrants worth whatever the stock price was less a "strike price" They were nearly worthless when we got them but had the potential to be worth quite a bit if the stock price went up from that point. It didn't; it dropped like a rock. Then our warrants became completely worthless when they did two reverse splits totaling 1:7500. When the stock finally bottomed out last year at about $1.00, that means the original pre-reverse split shares were worth $.000133, or more simply put, just over 75 shares for a penny.
They sent me a bill, said I owed them for managing a worthless stock.

Just amazing, they can do all of this without a single customer, truck, sales rep, terminal, laptop, no forklifts, no onboard system, no NMC Classification Program, no SCAC Code, No USDOT Number, no linehaul plan, no insurance, no dock software, no compliance department etc...
Yet they have all of the wages & benefits negotiated???
What an organization.....
How does any company start? From 1 person to what ever size it can grow to.
I think you are just bitter because you don't want the company to re-emerge from the ashes , like a true Phoenix.

Rumor is they will be hiring back , not by Seniority , but by amount of days each employee worked and there Work Comp. history and FMLA history and if Dr. Winteroff was there Doctor in the past ??:heykoolaid: