ABF | Next Contract ?

I would look for a proposal meeting this summer with negotiations starting sometime in the fall. It really depends on the IBT and when they want to get started. I am soooo excited that we have an aggressive team in Washington to fend for us I can hardly wait to see what we are offered.

i'm predicting Hoffa & Co. will have a deal cut by the end of this year with us getting a buck across the board for five more years

I think we the ABF Teamsters will control our talks. The Texass Turncoat johnson has lost any creditability he may have had. Yes after the showing he made during the failed BEG BACK we don't believe anything that he say's. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I think we the ABF Teamsters will control our talks. The Texass Turncoat johnson has lost any creditability he may have had. Yes after the showing he made during the failed BEG BACK we don't believe anything that he say's. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
welcome back

I've heard some talk about maybe a "paper contract" for ABF.
I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about this.
Thx for the replies fellas.

I am with you there but how do we stop him from trying to steer the train(wreck)? I'll bet that there are more than a few scare tactics coming our way from both sides on this.

I've heard some talk about maybe a "paper contract" for ABF.
I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about this.
Thx for the replies fellas.
"White Paper" it will probably be, though they might try to give it a dressier name. I expect it to be based on the NMFA with a little tweaking here and there. That would be a whole lot easier than starting from scratch. I also expect ABF to be armed with the contract they gave UPS Freight. If you haven't browsed that yet you should.

I would hold off on any major purchases, it tends to make it difficult to say "no" when you have a pile of bills coming up and a not so great contract to vote on.

:smiliewhs:
You are spot on there. Too many take uninterrupted work for granted and forget what we had to do to get what we have. I still remember the strike of 1994 and what it cost me. I never felt disgruntled towards the union for what we went through, it was what we had to do.

hey guys...

we have to have something to keep the non-unions eating our lunch, buying cars/boats with money earned because we have to sit at home (at least the bottom of the board)

I will say you ABF Brothers are spot on. Way too go. We will network throughout the whole process. I was at the vote count for the FAILED BEG BACK. And even the late Mr McCall was impressed with the way ABF Teamsters had gathered information and made informed decisions. And as far as how we will steer the union into what we want that is simple WITH OUR VOTES. I for one feel it will be necessary for we the ABF Teamsters to come out with a majority signed petition that we will not strike unless we give both ABF and our customers a 30 to 60 day notice that we would strike. Thus saving our customer base and protecting our right to bargain for a fair wage and benefit package. Now is not the time too leave both sides unchecked. I trust nobody except us when it comes to what is best for US! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

It will work or we will lose wages and benefits. There are ways to enhance both Teamsters and ABF. We just might be a part of a whole new way of doing business.But we must all think before we react. One of the most important things we must remember is not to listen to anything that we have no proof of. If something is said or written we will research it and post the facts. We have the people in place we just have to stay a fair and honest coarse. We can not allow ourselves to be bullied into making bad decision from both sides. Don't get me wrong I do not think ABF would not take advantage of us if given the chance. But I also know that the Texass Turncoat has betrayed us before so I have no trust in him and his band of idiots. But with that said I do like the fact that we get to show the rest of the trucking industry that TEAMSTERS will decide their futures and that if they join us as TEAMSTERS they also can take control of how they are compensated and treated in their place of employment. If we do this right ABF and the TEAMSTERS will have gained a chance to show everyone that unions and companies can coexist and thrive in tough economic times. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Hey Muler:
By giving the customer a 30/60 day notice would be political ******* in today's markets. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!!!
It would be given if all else failed. It is done to keep customers from running during talks. I don't see any real road blocks in our up coming contract talks. We just have to watch for anybody trying to back door us. I think ABF knows that the talks must be within reason. I for one can't wait to see the first offer. I will be watching the Turncoat very closely. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Look at the way the Non-Union company's are running their operations !
You will hear this" We can not compete " they charge the same rates but are working towards one employee does it all. And expanding the use of purchased transportation. Less empty miles,taxes,insurance,wages, equipment,**** benefits, little to no retirment to name a few you are being dragged down to a lower level by not organizing these people.
Then add in the YRC factor and your butt's are hanging out their all by themselves. Good luck its going to be a ruff road but if you all stick together and are on the same page you will all have a better outcome !!....

There are areas that can be beneficial to both parties. It will be up to us to figure out what is best for both ABF and the ABF Teamsters. We have to keep in mind that not everybody on both sides will have our best interest at hand. If we can show how both sides can prosper then maybe our industry as a whole will grow and become stronger. It is going to take some of the non union companies becoming union to strengthen the trucking industry. But I will say the upcoming contract has to be more attractive to them. I can see some joining because of what the companies did to them during the current economic down turn. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

There are areas that can be beneficial to both parties. It will be up to us to figure out what is best for both ABF and the ABF Teamsters. We have to keep in mind that not everybody on both sides will have our best interest at hand. If we can show how both sides can prosper then maybe our industry as a whole will grow and become stronger. It is going to take some of the non union companies becoming union to strengthen the trucking industry. But I will say the upcoming contract has to be more attractive to them. I can see some joining because of what the companies did to them during the current economic down turn. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
The pension must change, master freight is dead every company should pay for their own employees.....