FedEx Freight | Nine dead in I-5 crash involving tour bus & FedEx Freight

FLOUNDER

Always LAST
Credits

Reports: Nine dead in I-5 crash involving tour bus

ORLAND, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say nine people have been killed in a three-vehicle crash that has shut down north- and south-bound traffic on Interstate 5.

California Highway Patrol dispatcher Curtis Pahlka says authorities received a report of the crash at 5:41 p.m. Thursday.

Pahlka says it is not yet clear what caused the crash but that it involved a tour bus, a FedEx truck and a Nissan Altima.

No further details were immediately available about the identities of the dead.

The northbound lane of Interstate 5 was closed at 5:46 p.m., and the southbound lane was closed at 6:30 p.m. Southbound I-5 traffic is being diverted off the interstate at County Road 7. Northbound traffic is being diverted off at Highway 32.

The collision is approximately 100 miles north of Sacramento.

praying for all involved and their families

Last edited by a moderator:
One report said the initial finding is the FXF set drifted into the oncoming lane and hit the bus head on. It looks like a divided highway with bushes in the median. I didn't see tracks from the set going through the median unless it happened a ways before impact.

Just Horrible... That's why we as drivers cant take daily driving as AS USUAL!! Anything happens ALL THE TIME! Slowing down versus I GOTTA GO isn't always good. Not saying that happened here.. Pray for those lost and families involved!

well opinions are like, to much safety devices, to enhance are driving ability can never take place of common sense, two lane highways, when you can run on the interstate, I can go on, but I won,t God bless all those involved

Let's just pray for all those involved,,,, including our driver... They don't know what really happened yet....

Can t help but wonder what happened...this is the kind of accident that can affect the whole trucking industry...our jobs as we know them.
Please don't speculate or find fault with this horrible incident. Let's just pray for those involved.

God rest their souls and comfort their loved ones and give them strength to get thru this horrible accident. Regardless who is at fault a husband father and children were killed. Just pray for them to be comforted during this time. Now isn't the time to be pointing fingers but praying for their families!!!

Naturally I thought about the truck driver first but of course people have lost children too.Just makes you pause and think what it is we do every day.It can happen in an instant.

Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

This is why I kiss my wife good bye every day.