nlrb findings

Discussion in 'Oak Harbor' started by truckchick1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. silvertooth

silvertooth Member

The WCTWT contribution rates from Oak Harbor were marginal at best, and they continued to be pretty dismal despite the new contract. Pension multiplier rates are determined by executors of the trust and Oak Harbor negotiations had no bearing in the decision to cut the multiplier. The trust is not/was not in failing condition the contribution increase was desired so the members could have a decent retirement payment, Oak Harbor had fallen far from industry standards in that respect.

Nobody signed their name to the contract, they agreed to the terms it's called a negotiation, that how it works, So the company decided right then and there that they would not give negotiations a chance this time around, and retained a union busting company, built security systems at major terminals, and waited for the contract to expire so they could get their revenge.

Still haven't got that # from ya. Remember for the mediator?

2. truckinus

truckinus Former YRC Dallas 511

You should have had money saved so you could have FMLA time off. As you may know your wife was not supposed to lift anything after a surgery like that. I took a full month off to help my wife with the baby. I don't think any religion should tell me whether or not to use a rubber or not. Christianity says you shouldn't abuse your slaves let alone your employees.

3. Kiddriver

Kiddriver Member

I have been pissed off for a long time! Family man tells the truth again. THANK YOU!!! I have been saying for a long time that this has got nothing to do with the Union. This is God dealing out a bit of:Bondage: a whippin on the Boys (VPs) But they will bow their necks and refuse to submit to the will of God. We will watch and see them :Duel: with God. I wonder who will win? It is too bad that people like the familyguy and our family are caught in the middle. But as Christians our treasure is not here. So I will watch Dave and Ed :flame: until they :bowdown: and get their lives back in order. Family guy I got your back The Kidd

4. familyman8

familyman8 Member

Thanks for the support!!!!!!!

5. familyman8

familyman8 Member

Thanks I guess. you seem to have a position on both sides with these comments. FMLA is a federal law that gives you time off, yes, OFLA, Oregon Family Leave Act is a state regulation that allows payment of sick pay while on family leave. I did get all of my full bank when our 8th child was born. OOOOOOO!!!!!! I can here it now all the heckling!!!!!OH and by the way for those who think I have created a burden on society:tongue0002: Got 4 kids that are all attending college, eldest son works in a law firm, eldest daughter a manager where she works, next son supervisor at his place of employment, next daughter employed as well as attending to college. we homeschooled our children so they are not on your tax paying dollar. I fund them completely and they all have finished their high school years in college doing college courses. 3 graduated high school with highest honors, 4th one graduates this year. All placed upper end on sat's and are making an impact on "society" because they are a product of a stable home with moral values. So you can all just :butt kiss: I am more responsible than most.

6. truckinus

truckinus Former YRC Dallas 511

In a way I agree with the Pope from the fact that the white people are going to be the minority here pretty soon. The only people the Pope's message of not using birth control is getting to are the ones down south and you and I pay for it. Sounds like you have a nice family. My dad had a big family too. Catholic as well.

7. imported_8ball

imported_8ball Member

This is Familyman8
    Thats my point, you should have used your FMLA time off. Point is you didn't feel that it was that important because you went back to work anyway. Anyone in there right mind would have gone to the doctor and gotten a work release based on your wifes needs. You were paid the first 4 days pretty standard, after that you need a doctors excuse. If you had a reason, it wouldn't have been an issue.