nlrb findings

Sore Losers

These charges hold no bearing on the fact that the vp's accepted the unfair labor charges against them. It's their way of playing tit for tat against the union.

These charges hold no bearing on the fact that the vp's accepted the unfair labor charges against them. It's their way of playing tit for tat against the union.

I agree. Another way to drag this out longer. If they do not what the union back just say so. We will go on unemployment but this company will no longer be the repected company it once was. Everyone will know what scumbags the vp's are. I can not believe in the christian community that this is accepted. Not the way I was raised in the Lutheran churches.

I expect that, for the Vps, in terms of the ULP charges, it's not a question of "winning" or "losing" that's at issue, but rather the resolution of the charges against the company...the charges against the union might easily just be "gravy".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if the charges against the company are resolved to the satisfaction of the NLRB (with the posting of a few notices, or promises to desist, or whatever) and subsequently the union doesn't issue an unqualified offer to return to work, doesn't the coverage provided by the "ULP" cease to exist? I.e. - it then becomes a strictly economic strike, with the options ("permanent" replacement, for one) open to those who are on the receiving end of such an "economic" strike?

If such is the case, I'm not too sure that OH - as with just about any other company - is all that concerned about being at "fault" for such [relatively] minor infractions. Rather, their concern more likely lies in getting around the inconvenience unresolved charges might present. Just off hand - and this is by no means an "expert" observation - it appears they may have done just that. The one thing the union had going for it (in terms of keeping permanent replacement at bay) was the maintenance of the ULP charges. Now it seems that they're becoming resolved in one fashion or another (acceptance of penalty, withdrawal, denied prosecution, etc).

In that sense, I can well understand how the Vps would be unable to accept that they "lost"....because, under any meaningful sense of the term, they don't seem to have "lost" at all. Instead - economically, at least - they seem to have gathered in a big "win". Nor do I think they're going to lose any sleep at night worrying about a group of (what are in their consideration) disloyal, ungrateful employees who voluntarily walked away from their jobs; rather, I suspect they're more concerned now about moving forward with those who are currently employed (read actually "working").

Again, purely an IN-expert observation....and meant to be taken that way.

Yeah, I know. The charges filed against the teamsters (i.e. sexual harassment, assault, and other illegal acts) are small potatoes compared to the charges which Oak Harbor has settled with the teamsters. I mean, the nerve of them! Where do they get off forming a driver committee at the request of the drivers!?!?

ed and dave are playing the pathetic card. now there going to accuse the union of all the stuff that went wrong during the stike and call it ulp? how utterly pathetic!!!!!!! I still feel they will drag this on long enough for the posting and then claim it over so if we are not back in they can secure their calculated plan of exterminating the union members. when those who talk about how we are whining and complaining it really ticks me off because they are obviously clueless. ed and dave (they do not have my respect anymore so they do not get cap's) set out to destroy my family's future in the name of "good faith bargaining" and offered such a piece of crap they knew we would strike. I have seen all their home page update's and have be sickened by their blatant disregard for the human aspect of those of us who put our heart and soul into this company so we too could also reap the rewards in it's prosperity only to have it devasted by all this. As a devout Catholic, I cannot lie, it is very difficult to forgive them for the destuction of everything I have worked for all these years. My 25 years of marriage suffers, family life suffers, my home in foreclosure, the years of building financial security, the security my children felt has been robbed from them, they wonder if they will have to go back to living in a cramped apartment, (if we even qualify) my wife worries for our children as to where we might live?, could the state take our children because we have no home?, will we have enough food for the month? where will we live? all these thing are a stark reallity because ed and dave "care deeply about their valued employees". they destroyed our lives period. whether I crossed to keep working, I would have destroyed my future relationship with the unions and the only type of retirement I have ...a pension, OR stay out like I have been and have everything fall apart. Either way I was hosed from the beginning. I must forgive, I need to trust in God, I pray to understand God's will and I still pray for the vp's because I know I am saved because of my faith, where as they actually need prayers because they are not as Christian as they claim. if they were this would never have happenned.

ed and dave are playing the pathetic card. now there going to accuse the union of all the stuff that went wrong during the stike and call it ulp? how utterly pathetic!!!!!!! I still feel they will drag this on long enough for the posting and then claim it over so if we are not back in they can secure their calculated plan of exterminating the union members. when those who talk about how we are whining and complaining it really ticks me off because they are obviously clueless. ed and dave (they do not have my respect anymore so they do not get cap's) set out to destroy my family's future in the name of "good faith bargaining" and offered such a piece of crap they knew we would strike. I have seen all their home page update's and have be sickened by their blatant disregard for the human aspect of those of us who put our heart and soul into this company so we too could also reap the rewards in it's prosperity only to have it devasted by all this. As a devout Catholic, I cannot lie, it is very difficult to forgive them for the destuction of everything I have worked for all these years. My 25 years of marriage suffers, family life suffers, my home in foreclosure, the years of building financial security, the security my children felt has been robbed from them, they wonder if they will have to go back to living in a cramped apartment, (if we even qualify) my wife worries for our children as to where we might live?, could the state take our children because we have no home?, will we have enough food for the month? where will we live? all these thing are a stark reallity because ed and dave "care deeply about their valued employees". they destroyed our lives period. whether I crossed to keep working, I would have destroyed my future relationship with the unions and the only type of retirement I have ...a pension, OR stay out like I have been and have everything fall apart. Either way I was hosed from the beginning. I must forgive, I need to trust in God, I pray to understand God's will and I still pray for the vp's because I know I am saved because of my faith, where as they actually need prayers because they are not as Christian as they claim. if they were this would never have happenned.
Here is Dave:flame: Here is Ed:flame: May those two suffer like never before. I hope mary takes Ed for everything and see how he likes it. The two of them make me...:eck15: The Kidd

I expect that, for the Vps, in terms of the ULP charges, it's not a question of "winning" or "losing" that's at issue, but rather the resolution of the charges against the company...the charges against the union might easily just be "gravy".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if the charges against the company are resolved to the satisfaction of the NLRB (with the posting of a few notices, or promises to desist, or whatever) and subsequently the union doesn't issue an unqualified offer to return to work, doesn't the coverage provided by the "ULP" cease to exist? I.e. - it then becomes a strictly economic strike, with the options ("permanent" replacement, for one) open to those who are on the receiving end of such an "economic" strike?

If such is the case, I'm not too sure that OH - as with just about any other company - is all that concerned about being at "fault" for such [relatively] minor infractions. Rather, their concern more likely lies in getting around the inconvenience unresolved charges might present. Just off hand - and this is by no means an "expert" observation - it appears they may have done just that. The one thing the union had going for it (in terms of keeping permanent replacement at bay) was the maintenance of the ULP charges. Now it seems that they're becoming resolved in one fashion or another (acceptance of penalty, withdrawal, denied prosecution, etc).

In that sense, I can well understand how the Vps would be unable to accept that they "lost"....because, under any meaningful sense of the term, they don't seem to have "lost" at all. Instead - economically, at least - they seem to have gathered in a big "win". Nor do I think they're going to lose any sleep at night worrying about a group of (what are in their consideration) disloyal, ungrateful employees who voluntarily walked away from their jobs; rather, I suspect they're more concerned now about moving forward with those who are currently employed (read actually "working").

Again, purely an IN-expert observation....and meant to be taken that way.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to my good friend, our favorite union busting lawyer from the union-non union forum, Mr. Wilbur. He will deny this claim, while dazzling you with a vast array of anti union cases and decisions right at his fingertips, while claiming to be just an "interested" observer. So, standby for big words, flashy terms, and lots of non union propaganda, to go along with his thin skin for those who dare disagree. Sorry Wilbur, I'm the Mod here too. I'll be watching.:biglaugh:

TheBigR;

Re: your comment of....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to my good friend, our favorite union busting lawyer from the union-non union forum, Mr. Wilbur"

What's that, "TheBigR"...more of your desire for "honesty"? Further adventures in your search for "the truth"? [cackle]

Like I mentioned in that other forum, "TheBigR"...no one is asking you to be a liar. Rather, that's a path you chose all by yourself.

Perhaps you ought to give up your attempts at "moderating" until you've made an effort toward functioning as a decent human being. Obviously, from statements like the one above, that's an endeavor that needs a lot of work on your part.

Wilbur;

TheBigR;

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to my good friend, our favorite union busting lawyer from the union-non union forum, Mr. Wilbur"

What's that, "TheBigR"...more of your desire for "honesty"? Further adventures in your search for "the truth"? [cackle]

Like I mentioned in that other forum, "TheBigR"...no one is asking you to be a liar. Rather, that's a path you chose all by yourself.

Perhaps you ought to give up your attempts at "moderating" until you've made an effort toward functioning as a decent human being. Obviously, from statements like the one above, that's an endeavor that needs a lot of work on your part.

Wilbur;

Geeeeessss, Give a guy a Big Ole Warm Welcome and all you get is insults.....:duh: I would Go easy there Big Fella....Choose your words Carefully

racer;

Actually, I chose my words QUITE carefully....and I'll stand by each and every one of them.

Question: do you think "TheBigR" is prepared to stand by his?

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I *KNOW* (not postulate, suspect, etc) that the individual is a bald-faced liar. If he/she doesn't like that appellation...well, being one is a choice that HE/SHE made. I can only suggest that if an individual doesn't want to be [properly] known as a liar, then perhaps they should choose not to lie in the first place.

Simple enough.....

TheBigR;

Wilbur;

Thanks for the heads up, I think I have run into this guy before on another forum I must admit he shut me down very effectively made me feel pretty stupid. I have to respect his intelligence, but I question his motivations.

we had a member accuse us of libel charges on this thread so we deleted it until we could review it, I see nothing in it, if someone could point me to a specif post I will be glad to look at it but at this time it is re-opened

Thanks for the heads up, I think I have run into this guy before on another forum I must admit he shut me down very effectively made me feel pretty stupid. I have to respect his intelligence, but I question his motivations.

If you would pm me the forum and maybe the post I'd appreciate it. I disagree on him shutting you down. He just does his lawyer stuff to impress people how smart he is. Did you ever see anyone with that much documented anti union court info right at his fingertips? Don't take much to figure that out. We've had guys like him here before. They're all arrogant. Your a good poster with strong arguments.

Now the real question is what is the union going to do about the ULP's filed with the NRLB against the union. Since that has happened this board has gone kinda quiet.

Now the real question is what is the union going to do about the ULP's filed with the NRLB against the union. Since that has happened this board has gone kinda quiet.

Not really. they are more like jokes than charges. They have to make it passed the board before they get any merrit.

Hopefully the Union won't waste their time on them. If these
really happened i'm sure some company person would have called the cops, as they've called the cops many times on things that have never did happened. Look at the charges and then try to figure out what they have to do with the NLRB?
Could just be another one of the many company lies to get people stirred up or give them false hope.
I'm sure Joke Harbors attorneys will pursue any ideas the
company brains come up with as long as the money is still there.

The charges seem rather general, the union itself cannot control all individuals at all times. What the union does officially could definitly be brought under scrutiny, but individual acts, perpetrated by people who may not even be members. I just don't see how the union could be held responsible. The responsibility of the company to act within the NLRA seems greater than that of union members in a tent outside of company property, simply because of the power and control they have over you as an employee. Honestly, I believe the strikers on the Oak Harbor lines have acted more responsible than most, I hope the labor board will dismiss these charges as they are frivolous and exaggerated, probably more of a stalling tactic than anything, delaying the inevitable.

The charges seem rather general, the union itself cannot control all individuals at all times. What the union does officially could definitly be brought under scrutiny, but individual acts, perpetrated by people who may not even be members. I just don't see how the union could be held responsible. The responsibility of the company to act within the NLRA seems greater than that of union members in a tent outside of company property, simply because of the power and control they have over you as an employee. Honestly, I believe the strikers on the Oak Harbor lines have acted more responsible than most, I hope the labor board will dismiss these charges as they are frivolous and exaggerated, probably more of a stalling tactic than anything, delaying the inevitable.

They are not frivolous or exaggrated. Caught on tape actions of union guys out front of Auburn terminal ...Police reports and one of your union brothers followed a driver home and scared his family and children again police were called and he was arrested.