Central Transport | No Direct Deposit

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
I thought direct deposit saved companies money but since CT doesn't offer it I suppose it cost them. Wait until your check doesn't come on Friday because of bad weather. It was always nice to know your check was in the bank....But I suppose in the big picture we just need to be happy we will have a check to put in the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought direct deposit saved companies money but since CT doesn't offer it I suppose it cost them. Wait until your check doesn't come on Friday because of bad weather. It was always nice to know your check was in the bank....But I suppose in the big picture we just need to be happy we will have a check to put in the bank.

Seriously, Wow, That is so Old School.

When i say this.i am serious, when i worked there, the reason i was told no direct deposit was bcuz if they did the employes wouldnt come to work on ffriday, n linehaul dont get the check until saturday morning, thats how it was in hammond in

When i say this.i am serious, when i worked there, the reason i was told no direct deposit was bcuz if they did the employes wouldnt come to work on ffriday, n linehaul dont get the check until saturday morning, thats how it was in hammond in

Holy Crap that really says it all.................

In the several years I've been here, I've never had my check show up later than Friday.

In the several years I've been here, I've never had my check show up later than Friday.
I suppose it's OK....I just find it funny that with all the technology of today they lag so far behind in payroll. It does say something about this company, whether it's good or bad remains to be seen. Every single driver I have spoke to hates their job.....Every single one. The biggest complaint is the equipment and then the insurance. Is it just happenstance that I have not found one driver on the street that loves their job? Perhaps, but despite their bad reputation I will not be swayed from remaining positive. I try so hard to remain positive because it's part of my character. It has very little to do with my job, you either are a happy person or your not. I suppose many on here choose to be negative because they don't want to be blindsided and disappointed. I truly don't know.

The equipment has gotten better. Trailers are still a bit iffy sometimes, but tractors are better. They've also gotten better about getting things fixed locally.

Do your pretrips and make sure things get noted. Also , there is a new feature on the handheld to send a message to mother shop, so it bypasses a local manager problem if you get a guy that doesn't follow through.

If something isn't getting fixed, our safety team likes to bust heads. We've been on a huge push to bump our CSA score.

Insurance is bad. I can't honestly give a positive note there, aside from it's about what I'm seeing elsewhere thanks to the current gov.

The only issue I've had in relation to lack of direct deposit I'd vacation. If you're on vacation out of town you obviously can't get it deposited.

I've heard mumbling a the direct deposit may be changing, but take it with a grain of salt.

The equipment has gotten better. Trailers are still a bit iffy sometimes, but tractors are better. They've also gotten better about getting things fixed locally.

Do your pretrips and make sure things get noted. Also , there is a new feature on the handheld to send a message to mother shop, so it bypasses a local manager problem if you get a guy that doesn't follow through.

If something isn't getting fixed, our safety team likes to bust heads. We've been on a huge push to bump our CSA score.

Insurance is bad. I can't honestly give a positive note there, aside from it's about what I'm seeing elsewhere thanks to the current gov.

The only issue I've had in relation to lack of direct deposit I'd vacation. If you're on vacation out of town you obviously can't get it deposited.

I've heard mumbling a the direct deposit may be changing, but take it with a grain of salt.
Good honest post, we need more of that, and way less hype and spin.

when i had my trucks, wells fargo charged me 5 cents for direct deposit, so for 30 cents a week i did electronic deposit on thursday nights,,,,,,,,, always there, no excuses

O boy does that bring back a few memories.
One snowy night I had to do the DNJ (yes DNJ Delanco NJ) meet in Brezzwood PA and of course I Had to run around the tunnels. Well my meet driver was coming outa of WMD with a empty and he would not come up over town hill on I70. SO line haul had me rum straight to DNJ and sent his but to RIC. Well need less to say by the time I got to DNJ I was really late. When I got to the office there I had about 25 guys knock me down looking for there pay checks.

Also on night I got to PITT and I found this big envelope laying on the ground, truned out to be CLV pay roll. Gave it to Scott and told him I think some one lost this.

this really stinks since my bank waves monthly charges for direct deposit, and just before Vitran started doing it, my bank switched the policies to where if a check was drawn from out of state there was a three business day hold on funds not including the day of deposit, so I deposit on Friday during day (if I could get to a branch) then hold was released on Wed night if I didn't get it there before closing it was held until Thurs. makes it kind of hard to live when your paycheck is held for almost a week.

this really stinks since my bank waves monthly charges for direct deposit, and just before Vitran started doing it, my bank switched the policies to where if a check was drawn from out of state there was a three business day hold on funds not including the day of deposit, so I deposit on Friday during day (if I could get to a branch) then hold was released on Wed night if I didn't get it there before closing it was held until Thurs. makes it kind of hard to live when your paycheck is held for almost a week.
hopefully manny will pay us all our vitran money that's owed to us before we start for c.t., make it a clean slate.

This ought to be good. First the only "manny" I know played for the Red Socks and has since retired. I am sure there will be a smooth transition, both in payroll and operations. With all of the negative posts on here about CT, I can say one thing, the merger will be as smooth as glass. Everything that CT does is well planned and thought out before it is executed. I remember when they delivered all of the freight that was in the Alvan network. CT drivers pulled the Alvan trailers to the local CT terminal on Saturday, the freight was worked, processed into the CT system, and delivered the following week. The trailers were returned to the Alvan yard that weekend, the gates were locked, like nothing ever happened. Alvan employees came in on Monday, the gates were locked, the terminals were empty, and the phones were forwarded to the local CT terminal, for Alvan customers to track there shipments. I hope had enough is referring to the previous weeks paycheck when he refers to all the money Vitran owed us. If he is referring to 5% reductions, wage freezes, etc...forget that. You get paid, what you get paid when you do the work.

i'm referring to only the money we already worked for (most of us are two weeks behind) and the vac/pto we have earned, nothing more or less.

I suppose it's OK....I just find it funny that with all the technology of today they lag so far behind in payroll. It does say something about this company, whether it's good or bad remains to be seen. Every single driver I have spoke to hates their job.....Every single one. The biggest complaint is the equipment and then the insurance. Is it just happenstance that I have not found one driver on the street that loves their job? Perhaps, but despite their bad reputation I will not be swayed from remaining positive. I try so hard to remain positive because it's part of my character. It has very little to do with my job, you either are a happy person or your not. I suppose many on here choose to be negative because they don't want to be blindsided and disappointed. I truly don't know.

Checks are put in truck mail with plenty of time to get there. At virtually all terminals they arrive on Thursdays. PJAX was the same way, they did not have direct deposit until Vitran purchase. As far as insurance goes, it depends what plan you pick. Go with the 92 plan and you will have low deductibles with a 90/10 payout. As an example, if you have high blood pressure and take lisinopril a 90 day supply is less than 3 dollars as it comes from Manny's own pharmacy.

Same here man.......