no more safety awards?

Hoooaaahhh!

This NEMF thread is burning like California wild fire!

Keep it up!

Thank God I am liberated from that cheap a*s company!

They still owe me a $500 bond that was held from me when I quit, best money I ever spent.

Also, I remember being quoted that, "Our safety bonus is industry leading" - seems like a selling point to me, no?

Hoooaaahhh!

This NEMF thread is burning like California wild fire!

Keep it up!

Thank God I am liberated from that cheap a*s company!

They still owe me a $500 bond that was held from me when I quit, best money I ever spent.

Also, I remember being quoted that, "Our safety bonus is industry leading" - seems like a selling point to me, no?

when i had worked there, i got one safety bonus. a savings bond worth $200 (which i still cannot cash in yet) and a jacket.........

the safety award was for a "job well done" for the year. it was good to see that a company awarded someone for a safe year's worth of driving.........

and its true, we should continue to drive safely all the time, whether we get a safety bonus or not.

i don't think we can compare a safety bonus to any other bonus a NEMF employee gets. from the sales staff to the management, to the drivers, each "division" (if you will) either gets some sort of bonus or not. its that simple. if a person were to be on a commission pay with a bonus, then perhaps a bonus is more sought after. but for "regularly" paid employee's, we earned our pay check as per the hiring interview.

a bonus for anyone else is nice, sure, but no one can really expect such a bonus to last forever. yes, the "family" of Mr. S lives in high rise condo's and maybe is "dating" Paul McCarthy, but that's thier perogative and thier money. however they earned thier money shouldn't be of any concern for anyone else.

and if the bonus's are taken away, there are several options to consider.......

1) quit your job if you're that worried about it, maybe the NEXT job you get has BIGGER bonus's..........for now.......at least.............

2) stay with the company and hope that someday ALL will be rewarded with a bigger bonus, or maybe the Shevell Group will go public, and all of you will get in on the ground floor of an IPO

3) start you own bonus plan by putting money aside, like 1¢ for every mile you drive without accident or incident, and pay yourself each year

4) just let this all blow over, there really MAY BE things you are not, and NEVER WILL BE privy to.............

until something important needs to be said in a company wide memo, (an update to what was posted in the window at 52, the economy may have only been an "ambiguos reason", there may be more reason's they don't want you to know just yet) you cannot assume why the bonus's are being taken away, either on a temporary basis, or a permanent basis........so that company memo(?) that DID GO OUT, may not have to divulge any information you need not know.........right now.........the state of the economy is something anyone can use right now for a quick reason..........

When you have a company like NEMF that recruits so heavily based on their bonus program, it really is dirty pool to then change the rules.

The proper way to do something like this is to announce it now for the end of the year.

Now I am not sure what line of work you are in sir, but I am pretty sure you are not a driver. So unless you are a clerk or dockworker you get a bonus once a quarter. If that bonus goes bye bye, I am sure you would not embrace it.

Sorry, but that is a simple fact. If you say otherwise, I would say that you are a person who does not tell truths.

YOU ARE SO WRONG. the bonuses and raises for all clerical, supervisory and managers has been stopped effective 1/08.
Plus when there are bonuses they are effected by driver accidents. How is that fair. Once again NO CLUE:chairshot:

You know everyone plays so PC. Me I say screw em, with the exception of NPME I will dance in the streets when Yellow goes down.

Yellow has been the most arrogant trucking company since I came into the industry. Every company has good and bad, but the culture of Yellow is so cocky, that it is fun watching them struggle a bit.

Sorry if that bothers people, but I am just being honest

FOTF:chairshot: I would hope that you really didn't mean that you would be happy if yellow went down. I know your better than that.to see 35000 jobs go down just so you can sell more freight and get your bonuses again.Maybe you should worry about your own house.. Yellows not going anywhere,there in it for the long haul....period..PS if you want to make up for the bonus you didn't get,buy some yellow stock you might just make a few bucks:hysterical:

FOTF:chairshot: I would hope that you really didn't mean that you would be happy if yellow went down. I know your better than that.to see 35000 jobs go down just so you can sell more freight and get your bonuses again.Maybe you should worry about your own house.. Yellows not going anywhere,there in it for the long haul....period..PS if you want to make up for the bonus you didn't get,buy some yellow stock you might just make a few bucks:hysterical:

Crazy - it has nothing to do with bonuses, not a thing at all. At this point in time I would have a hard time if Yellow went down because of the NPME situation. I said this is the first line of my post.

However, once NPME is not part of the YRC group any longer, I will dance on the YRC grave because I genuinely hate what they have done to good companies in the past and still do in the present.

I understand that it is big business and that is how business operates, but you know the old expression, live by the sword, die by the sword and one day in the not too distant future Yellow will pay for their past transgressions.

There are plently of successful trucking companies out there that do not eat up and crap out others the way that Yellow has over the last 10-15 years. So now it is time for them to pay the piper.

Don't worry Crazy, NPME should be off the Yellow leger sheet by then and you can share in the glory. Besides people will not lose their jobs, they will just shift again, just like we did back in 2005.

You have been thru it once..Why would you wish it on someone else??Maybe if the shoe was on the other foot you would think differently..I was in Jersey today and had to listen to rumors about another company that was going to close the doors tomorrow,and this was from someone on the inside,heard this at four different stops same story,I will not mention the name of the company as I will not support the rumors..one shipper gave freight to another carrier as he didn't want his freight 'trapped'.I think a lot of what you say is for attention and NOT really what you think:chairshot::chairshot:

Crazy - I love you man, but do not read any deeper into my posts than what is typed. I am not an attention ***** in the slightest. I would feel sorry for the rank and file of most companies that shut down. Yellow is different though to be honest.

Maybe I am still bitter for the way the local terminal treated me back in 1997 or how the sales reps screwed me over and over and over again when I was with ABF and RSEL over the years.

Regardless, I would not shed a tear. Sorry if that makes you think any less of me. If NPME does not get rescued in the meantime, I will be very upset. I have a lot of close friends over there and they are still trying to get me to come on board, just got a call yesterday as a matter of fact.

Its all personal with me, very easy equation

NPME = good
YRCW = bad

I hate for this to be my first post but....
All you complaining about not getting your safety bonus should be lucky you still have a job. What about all the lay offs???????? Stop whining about a bond you can't cash right away and a free trip that you would just go blow more of your money during when there are guys out there not even bringing home a paycheck!

How would you feel if they took away your sales bonus ??

Just sayin
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/images/smilies/chairshot.gif
:chairshot:

There is a big difference between a sales bonus and a safety bonus. A sales bonus is part of a sales persons pay and is negotiated, as part of their pay. As a driver we have a union contract that is negotiated and a safety bonus was not in the contract. NEMF has given us this bonus as a token of appreciation for a lot of years. I am sorry to see it go away now, but basically we have been getting something extra for doing what we should be doing anyway. I think the timing of this sux because it's the end of the year and we have performed in expectation of getting the bonus this year. Basically I am saying if they want to take it away that's not a problem,:chairshot: but they should have honored it for this year and said, this will be the last year of it.

your exactly right...they should honor it to the end of the year is the least they could do...they do not give you a bonus unless it is from jan to dec but getting rid of it close to the end of the year kinda sucks....but lets all keep on driving safe and moving the freight in a timely and orderly fashion....

your exactly right...they should honor it to the end of the year is the least they could do...they do not give you a bonus unless it is from jan to dec but getting rid of it close to the end of the year kinda sucks....but lets all keep on driving safe and moving the freight in a timely and orderly fashion....

YOU DRIVING SAFE IS FOR YOUR BENIFIT AS WELL AS NEMF. START THINKING ABUT YOUR FAMILY AND NOT A BOND YOU MIGHT GET. WHAT A TYPICAL DRIVER ATTITUDE.:TR10driving03:

'HEY ASSMAN"..........just wanted to say that since I LOVE Seinfeld......if you do not watch Seinfeld, you would not understand.

Anyway, well said, but I do sympathize with those that are close to getting their safety bonus. But I ask, what are the the safety bonuses that drivers get?:

- Weekly?
- Monthly?
- Yearly?

Is it a saving bond and a trip..........also money?

'HEY ASSMAN"..........just wanted to say that since I LOVE Seinfeld......if you do not watch Seinfeld, you would not understand.

Anyway, well said, but I do sympathize with those that are close to getting their safety bonus. But I ask, what are the the safety bonuses that drivers get?:

- Weekly?
- Monthly?
- Yearly?

Is it a saving bond and a trip..........also money?

The program was:

Year 1) 4 X Polo Shirts, 1 X Jacket, 1 X $200 EE Savings bond

Year 2-3) Same, but Savings bond increased to $500 / $1000 (If memory serves me)

Year 4) All of the above plus - Atlantic City Trip!

This was the "big tuna", an all inclusive weekend to Bally's in AC.
Airline Tickets, 2 nights stay, a very nice black tie dinner banquet, A show, one hundred cash spending money, and an extra 8 hours of personal pay.

Year 10) All perks listed plus a 27" TV

I do not understand how losing this is not a bad thing, the mentality that having something taken from you is OK as long as someone else has lost more is a defeatists justification process.

Yes, it is better to have a job than a bonus, but this was a nice program that helped me justify my sub par pay rate at that company. I'm sure most of the current employee's feel the same.
:1036316054:

The program was:

Year 1) 4 X Polo Shirts, 1 X Jacket, 1 X $200 EE Savings bond

Year 2-3) Same, but Savings bond increased to $500 / $1000 (If memory serves me)

Year 4) All of the above plus - Atlantic City Trip!

This was the "big tuna", an all inclusive weekend to Bally's in AC.
Airline Tickets, 2 nights stay, a very nice black tie dinner banquet, A show, one hundred cash spending money, and an extra 8 hours of personal pay.

Year 10) All perks listed plus a 27" TV

I do not understand how losing this is not a bad thing, the mentality that having something taken from you is OK as long as someone else has lost more is a defeatists justification process.

Yes, it is better to have a job than a bonus, but this was a nice program that helped me justify my sub par pay rate at that company. I'm sure most of the current employee's feel the same.
:1036316054:

Agreed
but very happy to still be working, and going in at regular time on Mon.

it was an excellent program that made nemf stand out alittle from the rest of the companies out there among the drivers...who else did this kinda program at the level nemf did?.... im thinking not many at all.....

Let's talk about safety? This company tell us to work safe but they do every thing to get us in trouble. For example they us out in 53ft on a P&d run. going to places where a small truck belongs. When you tell them you can't into place the dispather flips out. Let talk about the new account Walden books is that a back breaker or not. I deliver 2 stores the other day my back still hurting me. Or the food warehouse like C&S were you must break eveything down or if it's on broken skid you must change it. Then they complain about wokmen comp.:hysterical: