FedEx Freight | no runs over 500 mi round trip

ya'll better check the reg books real close all I am gonna say right now

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get false info on how to log ask a LTL driver.
Knuckleheads in the break room are always saying ,,, " you can't do that " same idiots that are logging 5 hours because that's what the dispatch sheet says even though they ran it in 4.5 hrs. Ever hear the word "falsify" ? Breakroom always full of DOT experts.
Just call the US marshals they will set ya straight

all these dock workers show up when there is rumors,they have never run 600 in ten hrs,at night you can run 600 plus,keep door shut,delay at hub,14 hr day,old times are coming back,we will see if nat guys can handle 14x5 every week,let the games begin.good old bad days are coming,

all these dock workers show up when there is rumors,they have never run 600 in ten hrs,at night you can run 600 plus,keep door shut,delay at hub,14 hr day,old times are coming back,we will see if nat guys can handle 14x5 every week,let the games begin.good old bad days are coming,

As a former National driver who works any where from 62-65 hrs a week and drives 638-650 a day, so what's the big deal??

It's always got to go to a National verses Freight thing don't it.

I do not usually comment on here, but i have run electronic logs. First off it only actually records your driving time, on paper drivers tend to start drive time before they leave the yard, electronic or EOBR's as they are actually called, do not record until your speed is over 10 miles an hour. Scales have long lines? On an EOBR that is considered on duty not driving because the speed is under 10 again, same driving in the yard hooking etc. So you actually will have more drive time, not less with an EOBR. Just setting it straight. Besides the FMCSA Has not come out with a final rule, so its all speculation. And judging by their track record we could all be retired by the time they ever do!

I do not usually comment on here, but i have run electronic logs. First off it only actually records your driving time, on paper drivers tend to start drive time before they leave the yard, electronic or EOBR's as they are actually called, do not record until your speed is over 10 miles an hour. Scales have long lines? On an EOBR that is considered on duty not driving because the speed is under 10 again, same driving in the yard hooking etc. So you actually will have more drive time, not less with an EOBR. Just setting it straight. Besides the FMCSA Has not come out with a final rule, so its all speculation. And judging by their track record we could all be retired by the time they ever do

it can also be set up by tenths of a mile a buddy of mine said his is sat at 6/10s then it puts hin on driveing time

What 10 hr rule? FMCSA's final ruling is 11, I have heard rumors from people but can not find any justification for them. The rule is 11 hrs driving 10 off duty between shifts, maybe thats where people are confusing this, i do not know. I know Ann Farrow who heads FMCSA said in an interview she would prefer 10 hrs driving, but the FMCSA can not impliment a change without sound scientific evidence that driving in the 11th hour causes more crashes than in the 10th, and all their research say's most crashes happen in the first hour of driving. I would say this is speculative rumor. I hope anyway :) Otherwise all our good runs would be history!

A friend of mine who goes to Indy, said a few people he talked to on the dock claimed to have had their meeting already. Said because of the 10 hour rule, they were going to eliminate runs over 500 miles. Anybody know anything about this? if this is true, relay centers would be the hardest hit.

Ha, noticed the date after my reply, guess i should pay more attention until i am awake! Anyway time has answered this one thankfully we are still driving 11 hrs :)

I was told eons ago in school, they averaged the logging speed at 48.6 mph in a 55 m.p.h. zone, and 58.6 for a 65 m.p.h. zone- How true I don't know. To catch up on a log, you'd take your miles and divide them by those numbers and take a nap to "catch up." I just did the speed limit to save me the headache.

I drive in 55 mph states. My log book travels at 53 to 54 mph. My tractor travels about 59 to 61 mph. So every hour my book gets 6 to 7 minutes behind me. My tractor usually goes at least 4 hours before I need to stop at which point my book is nearly half an hour behind me. God, I am so going to hate big brother riding along with me.
Please don't tell me the solution is to drive 55 until you've done 500 miles at 55 with no cruise control.

I drive in 55 mph states. My log book travels at 53 to 54 mph. My tractor travels about 59 to 61 mph. So every hour my book gets 6 to 7 minutes behind me. My tractor usually goes at least 4 hours before I need to stop at which point my book is nearly half an hour behind me. God, I am so going to hate big brother riding along with me.
Please don't tell me the solution is to drive 55 until you've done 500 miles at 55 with no cruise control.
We/I never had cruise control in a unit, only a handle with a red knob you pulled out until you reached the desired speed. Just don't fall asleep.

We/I never had cruise control in a unit, only a handle with a red knob you pulled out until you reached the desired speed. Just don't fall asleep.

And they were never in the same spot. It sucked when you had you stop quick and couldn't smack the knob in quick enough.

Guardrail

years ago the d.o.t. Told cf freight that there was no way they were makin kc to denver in 10 hours with their trucks.cf's solution...they turned up the trucks on that run to 75-80 mph.im not saying that will be fedex's solution but you never know.
yeah but didn't kcy have multiple laydown runs yrs ago to den?...and vice versa den-kcy with the 10hr rule @ 65mph?