Yellow | "NO" voters please read.

Here is what my mental powers are showing.... They are showing you jerking on Welches "chain".... It is really hard to believe how a few mailings can brainwash grown men.

Out of a job within two weeks???? I have not read that anywhere.... Please post a link to this information.

YRC is not the only Company that provides free Health Ins. Free Health Ins only goes so far.... The money is taken out before taxes for the ones that do pay for their ins.

2nd to 4th hand information... Where do you get yours "DAFFY"... You posted nothing factual.

Question? Why would some "FOOL" get on here and post a lot of "NONSENSE" toward those of us that cant read what you posted.

You my friend are ENTITLED" to this..... You strike me as an idiot and a disgrace to man kind.

Read out on the internet somewhere that the company is having 'troubles' with investors because the word 'bankruptcy' has been 'thrown around' -
Do you not understand that there are many 'games' being played here? IF YRCW comes out and 'prints' what you request "the doors will close in 2 weeks if the Union votes NO"... they seal their fate before a vote can even be had..

Question... How good is a contract until March 2015 if the company closes it's doors on Jan 31, 2014? Just saying.....

Welcome to Truckingboards Sinc.
What do you do at YRC?

I must have missed the article, or, statement from the Welch that we will close on Jan 31st. Could you please post a link?

The yes voters are not concerned about "anyone or anyone's job".... They are protecting what they have at any cost.... I would have to believe they are "Scared of Change". ( To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc. of something different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.)

They have gotten on here and posted every kind of reason as to why they voted yes..... As to why they are willing to give up everything that everyone has fought for over the years..... "Man up".... I just wish one yes voter would get on here and tell us the truth.... They, my friends, are scared of "change"..... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Scared of change - perhaps... as far as "concerned about anyone or anyone's job" - I would have to disagree with that. I am concerned about your job. The idea that you might not have one, and that you would have to go find a job in a company where you weren't 'protected' scares the socks off of me!! I feel frightened for all of those that have this hatred for the company and feeling that they are owed something because if for some reason this is voted down, I truly believe everyone will be fighting for the same few jobs that are out there... and I believe the youngest, kindest, and most willing to work are going to get the few jobs that are out there when the dust settles.... I'm feeling that it's not those voting "no" that are going to fit that profile. - Just saying....
So I think those voting 'yes' are the most concerned with others and their jobs. IMHO.... But what do I know?

Scared of change - perhaps... as far as "concerned about anyone or anyone's job" - I would have to disagree with that. I am concerned about your job. The idea that you might not have one, and that you would have to go find a job in a company where you weren't 'protected' scares the socks off of me!! I feel frightened for all of those that have this hatred for the company and feeling that they are owed something because if for some reason this is voted down, I truly believe everyone will be fighting for the same few jobs that are out there... and I believe the youngest, kindest, and most willing to work are going to get the few jobs that are out there when the dust settles.... I'm feeling that it's not those voting "no" that are going to fit that profile. - Just saying....
So I think those voting 'yes' are the most concerned with others and their jobs. IMHO.... But what do I know?

Hey,
I am young, well, sort of ,and, kind and willing to work and I voted no!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Truckingboards Sinc.
What do you do at YRC?

I must have missed the article, or, statement from the Welch that we will close on Jan 31st. Could you please post a link?

I didn't say they were going to close the doors.. I'm just asking (from a comment posted about... "President Hoffa said.... contract until 2015...." ) ... what good does a contract until 2015 do if the doors close in 2014... Just asking.... Not really for response... most everything I ask is just for thought.....My thought....

I do Nothing at YRC.. the union told them I couldn't work there because Hubby works there. Don't ask! it's sad.

Hey,
I am young, well sort of ,and, kind and willing to work and I voted no!

Again... Just thinking out loud.... I am concerned about other's jobs... as well as the one that feeds my family.... not scared of change at all....

Most of the people voting 'no' ''feel'' grumpy to me....

Again... just thinking out loud.

Again... Just thinking out loud.... I am concerned about other's jobs... as well as the one that feeds my family.... not scared of change at all....

If they are feeling grumpy just look at what they have gone through the last five years....I think they earned the right to feel out of sorts!

There won't be a pay increase in 2015 either... But, personally I would rather have a job than a pay increase.... Just saying...

That's the problem.... Yes voters don't care if they get a pay increase, yes voters just want a job.... Yes voters don't care if they keep taking our retirement, yes voters just want a job.... Yes voters don't care if they subcontract out the freight, yes voters just want a job.

The very thing that yes voters are willing to give up is what makes a job... A good job.... Why do the yes voters think it is our responsibility to fix something that we have no control over....As stated in a different thread... We could give them 50% of our pay... If they do not know what to do with it we are screwed.... If they need more money, quit giving these big discounts.... Hauling this freight for pennies is the problem.

Its called gambling.... You have to be willing to give up something to get something.... They have never just handed anything over to us without a fight... If corporate were also taking a hit I might have viewed this differently.... They are not.... They do not seem to think the company is in bad enough shape for them not to get raises....If we have to give.. They should also have to give.

I think you are confused.... We are not "grumpy".... We are "fed up".

That's the problem.... Yes voters don't care if they get a pay increase, yes voters just want a job.... Yes voters don't care if they keep taking our retirement, yes voters just want a job.... Yes voters don't care if they subcontract out the freight, yes voters just want a job.

The very thing that yes voters are willing to give up is what makes a job... A good job.... Why do the yes voters think it is our responsibility to fix something that we have no control over....As stated in a different thread... We could give them 50% of our pay... If they do not know what to do with it we are screwed.... If they need more money, quit giving these big discounts.... Hauling this freight for pennies is the problem.

-** stunned ** So you don't want a job...

You couldn't be more wrong. I believe the "yes" voters know they are faced with two totally crappy choices, but they realize the slightly "less crappy" choice is the better one right now.

You could also say some of the "no" voters don't even care if the job goes away. Who gains by that?

You couldn't be more wrong. I believe the "yes" voters know they are faced with two totally crappy choices, but they realize the slightly "less crappy" choice is the better one right now.

You could also say some of the "no" voters don't even care if the job goes away. Who gains by that?

You need to reread my post.... I have never said I want this job to go away.... I have said this job will not be worth having if we continue to give everything away.. Corporate gets raises.... Why do you think they are any better then us... Explain to me why corporate does not take pay cuts "if" YRC is really in as bad of shape as they would like us to believe.... I also have debt... I pay my debt... They have been paying theirs.... They were paying their debt back when we were hauling a fraction of the freight that we haul today... Again I firmly believe if YRC were ever going to close, they would have closed in 2008, 2009 or early 2010... I have been wrong before... Who knows.

-** stunned ** So you don't want a job...

So, that's what you got out of the post... pitiful.... you think anyone will listen to anything you post when you cant even understand my dumb ass.... Maybe you just trying to ruffle some feathers.... See ya

You need to reread my post.... I have never said I want this job to go away.... I have said this job will not be worth having if we continue to give everything away.. Corporate gets raises.... Why do you think they are any better then us... Explain to me why corporate does not take pay cuts "if" YRC is really in as bad of shape as they would like us to believe.... I also have debt... I pay my debt... They have been paying theirs.... They were paying their debt back when we were hauling a fraction of the freight that we haul today... Again I firmly believe if YRC were ever going to close, they would have closed in 2008, 2009 or early 2010... I have been wrong before... Who knows.

I didn't say you wanted the job to go away. I phrased it the way I did to just show another way of interpreting the motives of some "no" voters.

They certainly did pay their debt down when it was at a manageable level years ago. That changed of course with the borrowing for the acquisitions followed by the economic downturn.

I agree everyone should share the "pain" so to speak. I have no concrete information about who or how many in management have had cuts however.

I hope you're correct about them not closing. I have no idea if they will. As I've said, I've seen it happen unexpectedly to many companies over the years. I guess we'll just to wait and see what happens. I just hope - as I'm sure most of us do - that it turns out well for all of us.

Collective bargaining is a powerful weapon when it comes to taking a stand against corporate oppression only if you have something to bargain with. Yrc freight is operating at a loss plain and simple. Yrc freight is costing money to stay in business trying to maintain operations. In addition, trying to pay the debt in addition to keeping the doors open. Welch is trying to help save jobs while trying to steer the company from going over a cliff. The fact that yrcw is saying they are going to pay for benefits through 2019 in itself is a massive win for everyone. Standing up to the evil corporate, lying oppressors by voting no does nothing but put people out of jobs and families without coverage.
Sure you can make a stand and and tell yrcw how wrong they are. Sure you can say vote no and say "let them close the doors". Sure you can say "I'm not going to allow them to push us around". But after the dust settles from your stand, and yrcw is closing its doors, because we said no, what then? Pride is for a moment but a mistakes is for a lifetime. Being right and unemployed is silly. Vote yes.