Yellow | "NO" voters please read.

maybe they will have a big layoff right before this implements and you find yourself just outside the red circle...sounds like fun,huh?

Better re-read the proposal. The "red circle" will be applied to ALL road drivers upon ratification.

Better re-read the proposal. The "red circle" will be applied to ALL road drivers upon ratification.

I am curious about the Red Circle.I know it is supposed to protect from layoff, but,
will that prevent our mileage from being reduced?

"Purchased Transportation. This would allow limited use of road subcontractors
up to 6% of total annual miles and 26 % of total miles maximum combined road
and intermodal rail. Road drivers would be red-circled by name and protected
from layoff and runaround caused directly by use of purchased transportation."

bubbadog121 the "red circle" is basically extending Article 29 protection from use of purchased OTR transportation. From both lay off and run-a-round. It also provides a formula for adding road drivers at affected locations. Of all the aspects of this proposed extendtion, IMO red circle is easiest to accept.
After all it's almost word for word Article 29 language.

I am curious about the Red Circle.I know it is supposed to protect from layoff, but,
will that prevent our mileage from being reduced?

"Purchased Transportation. This would allow limited use of road subcontractors
up to 6% of total annual miles and 26 % of total miles maximum combined road
and intermodal rail. Road drivers would be red-circled by name and protected
from layoff and runaround caused directly by use of purchased transportation."

YRCF is not the only Trucking Company that uses Purchased Transportation.....IF YRCW closes and many of the Union Drivers get hired in at non-union Companies...the issue of Purchased Transportation does not go away.....if anything it would likely be worse because there would be no protection......

Just something else to consider.....

YRCF is not the only Trucking Company that uses Purchased Transportation.....IF YRCW closes and many of the Union Drivers get hired in at non-union Companies...the issue of Purchased Transportation does not go away.....if anything it would likely be worse because there would be no protection......

Just something else to consider.....

The purpose of using purchased transportation is cost reduction.
Since, the Non's are already cheaper it wouldn't be that big of cost savings....I mean isn't that the argument that Welch has been giving us comparing us to the Non's? That they are cheaper, therefore, we have to give more concessions to compete?

I worked at Estes and they use purchased transportation at times, but, it didn't seem to effect the miles in any significant way?
Of course, when you were slow and saw an outside carrier it gave you pause.

The non's already use purchased transportation, if YRC goes under that will be the fastest growing segment around, the non's will concentrate their drivers on P&D and hire TL to transport it over the road.

The non's already use purchased transportation, if YRC goes under that will be the fastest growing segment around, the non's will concentrate their drivers on P&D and hire TL to transport it over the road.

Initially yes.
However, they will only continue to do it, if ,there is a cost benefit.

Estes, for example, has separate lists for Road and City.

Initially yes.
However, they will only continue to do it, if ,there is a cost benefit.

Estes, for example, has separate lists for Road and City.

Do not know the actual rate that companies pay these truckload outfits to pull freight, but would bet it is a substantial savings over paying us. Would bet it is a flat mileage rate, and that's it. Ask UPSF or Conway guys what they think of purchased transportation.

Do not know the actual rate that companies pay these truckload outfits to pull freight, but would bet it is a substantial savings over paying us. Would bet it is a flat mileage rate, and that's it. Ask UPSF or Conway guys what they think of purchased transportation.

At Roadway Albuquerque they interlined with non-union carriers to far away points for years." If we haul it, we lose money."

The purpose of using purchased transportation is cost reduction.
Since, the Non's are already cheaper it wouldn't be that big of cost savings....I mean isn't that the argument that Welch has been giving us comparing us to the Non's? That they are cheaper, therefore, we have to give more concessions to compete?

I worked at Estes and they use purchased transportation at times, but, it didn't seem to effect the miles in any significant way?

Yes your correct.....the main reason for using purchased transportation is to reduce costs......So why wouldn't non-union companies use whatever "tools" are available to them to reduce their costs...? And yes... Welch does have a point ... YRCF has to be able to compete with other Carriers....and unfortunately most of them are non-union.....which is another reason that the continuance of YRCW is important......If they close it will just make being competitive all that much more difficult for the few remaining ones....most notably ABF... and make the case for even more concessions from your Brothers and Sisters there......That is why I say what happens at YRCW has ramifications beyond just YRCW......

Well what does that tell you?..... to me it says that any Company will try and abuse anything they can get away with....not just YRCF.....Any of the other LTL Companies....Union or not, will try and get away with as much as they can.....If you think it's bad at YRCF.....it won't be any better anywhere else ...for the most part.....of course there are always going to be a few exceptions.......so don't bother telling me about how you know somebody who said that their brother-in-laws neighbors best friend heard about some guy that gets paid a gazillion dollars a year at a job that gets him home every night.....and treats him like a king.....

It doesnt matter.We have little say in how and what goes down here.A YES or NO vote just shows a median or benchmark of how this and the other companies are operating.You really think that billions of dollars to be made now and in the future is going to be dependant on what we say?Yeah right.Some investors are making money off of us and even the company(YRCW)is making money.Yes YRCW.Its the holding company for many entities that YRCW owns.This company moves money around like nobody's business.Each company like YRCF and Holland and New Penn and Reimer all work for YRCW.Plus all the container/intermodal and barge and container ships and leased airplanes plus all the outside shipping associates.Austin Ventures for one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Yes your correct.....the main reason for using purchased transportation is to reduce costs......So why wouldn't non-union companies use whatever "tools" are available to them to reduce their costs...? And yes... Welch does have a point ... YRCF has to be able to compete with other Carriers....and unfortunately most of them are non-union.....which is another reason that the continuance of YRCW is important......If they close it will just make being competitive all that much more difficult for the few remaining ones....most notably ABF... and make the case for even more concessions from your Brothers and Sisters there......That is why I say what happens at YRCW has ramifications beyond just YRCW......

The nicest thing we can do for ABF is vote this down!

Well what does that tell you?..... to me it says that any Company will try and abuse anything they can get away with....not just YRCF.....Any of the other LTL Companies....Union or not, will try and get away with as much as they can.....If you think it's bad at YRCF.....it won't be any better anywhere else ...for the most part.....of course there are always going to be a few exceptions.......so don't bother telling me about how you know somebody who said that their brother-in-laws neighbors best friend heard about some guy that gets paid a gazillion dollars a year at a job that gets him home every night.....and treats him like a king.....

I wouldn't dare insult you with any, I heard from so and so, stories.
As far as, the grass being greener on the other side of the fence I am not seeing much of a difference in grass color any more....in fact, if we stay on our current course there won't even be a fence!

This is why this needs voted down! If this passes, it will have a negative effect on the whole industry including non's

"That is why I say what happens at YRCW has ramifications beyond just YRCW......"

You are all ready 2nd class. Your mental powers are showing when you say they are jerking your chain. If a NO vote comes in you will be out of a job within 2 weeks. You don't know how good you have it with this proposal. You will receive pay increases, your health insurance will remain unchanged which is the best deal around. The information which you give is 2nd to 4th hand what you hear from some other uninformed fool. You can't read what is involved because you can't read. If you had to get another job with another freight company youcouldn't get that job because you think you are "entitled" to a job. NOBODY is entitled, we all have to work for our jobs and you should try it sometime.

While part timers (Casual) employees do get a different (Lower) rate what I'm talking about is when you get on the list FULL TIME you then progress to the top rate within a specific time (18 months/2 years, whatever the contract spells out)
What I am talking about is a 5 year dockworker at 135 makes the same hourly pay as a 20 year Dockworker/Jockey/P&D or Road Driver. (Road Drivers make more on mileage but the hourly rate is the same for everyone)
Now the Company wants to hire new "non cdl" employees and the max they could get is $16 and THEN get 15% taken off that?
Yea, I gotta BIG ASS PROBLEM WITH THAT!
So can it with the insults sunshine! Try some frekin facts! You do know what facts are correct?

You realize the company does not tell the newbie's that.

While part timers (Casual) employees do get a different (Lower) rate what I'm talking about is when you get on the list FULL TIME you then progress to the top rate within a specific time (18 months/2 years, whatever the contract spells out)
What I am talking about is a 5 year dockworker at 135 makes the same hourly pay as a 20 year Dockworker/Jockey/P&D or Road Driver. (Road Drivers make more on mileage but the hourly rate is the same for everyone)
Now the Company wants to hire new "non cdl" employees and the max they could get is $16 and THEN get 15% taken off that?
Yea, I gotta BIG ASS PROBLEM WITH THAT!
So can it with the insults sunshine! Try some frekin facts! You do know what facts are correct?

What part of your point(8) do you enjoy about the benefit package?
The week you already gave up?
The 10 hours less vacation pay?
The reduced pension payment?
The 15 percent give back on wages?
Just curious.:1036316054:

The part where I'm not paying out $4500 for medical benefits...

President Hoffa says we have a contract til 2015.So thats what im going with.Company can go make adjustments.Quit reneging on our contract.Company debt is not my debt.Thank God..if all is true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Question... How good is a contract until March 2015 if the company closes it's doors on Jan 31, 2014? Just saying.....