Reddaway | Non union merge with union

USF523 quoteEven if fontana was union those guys would of been dovetailed in anyway, I dont get to say if fontana should be union or not USF523 quote

If you don't get to say who's union then who does,don't you know the union is the employee's. I'll say that again the union is the employee's representing each other's well being.So with that said if PHX wasn't union they wouldn't have transfered to FON. The company won't give you any choice in the matter of ANYTHING without some Representation.

So surely you have to see first hand how the union saved those men's job's by giving them your work.

USF523 quoteEven if fontana was union those guys would of been dovetailed in anyway, I dont get to say if fontana should be union or not USF523 quote

If you don't get to say who's union then who does,don't you know the union is the employee's. I'll say that again the union is the employee's representing each other's well being.So with that said if PHX wasn't union they wouldn't have transfered to FON. The company won't give you any choice in the matter of ANYTHING without some Representation.

So surely you have to see first hand how the union saved those men's job's by giving them your work.
it was only 3 men out of 44, who saved who?:smilie_132:

Maybe we will be sold off once YRC uses us to fund $$$ for their Yellow Roadway consolidation.

If we are lucky someone like SWIFT :eek: will by us cheap and they can pay all the non-union staff .34 cents per mile to rebuild the company. Since we aren't under contract anything can happen. I don't see any advantage AT ALL to staying non-union.
Dam!!! i made more than that back in the 80"s.:hand:yeah keep being non union... sincerly,roadway driver.:nutkick:

I have a serious question..... If what is being said here is true then why is it when Reddaway & bestway merged the bestway guys were dovetailed in? They did not go to the top. The non union did not go to the bottom. is it because Sac was non-union and it was up to them to decide to even dovetail them in. Could they have sent all the union guys to the bottom if they wanted to?

Be nice its a legit and serious question here....

wait for it...........here comes three different answers and only one will be right.just not from me, according to Benny i don't know anything.

I have a serious question..... If what is being said here is true then why is it when Reddaway & bestway merged the bestway guys were dovetailed in? They did not go to the top. The non union did not go to the bottom. is it because Sac was non-union and it was up to them to decide to even dovetail them in. Could they have sent all the union guys to the bottom if they wanted to?

Be nice its a legit and serious question here....
None of the Bestway terminals that merged were Union at the time accept Oakland. The Oakland employees allowed the Fremont employees to dove-tail because it benefited them with more union members. So basically Oakland welcomed them with open arms. As far as SAC and STO, they weren't union at the time of the merger. Modesto was still going through their card signing when they merged them into STO and of course we all know about SAC.

None of the Bestway terminals that merged were Union at the time accept Oakland. The Oakland employees allowed the Fremont employees to dove-tail because it benefited them with more union members. So basically Oakland welcomed them with open arms. As far as SAC and STO, they weren't union at the time of the merger. Modesto was still going through their card signing when they merged them into STO and of course we all know about SAC.

I second that :1036316054::1036316054:

answer #2
this is the correct one
The Bestway terminal in sac was union at the time of the merger. The Reddaway guys out numbered them so according to law the old bestway guys became non union, hence the dovetail. had the Bestway guys out numbered the reddaway guys the situation would have been like it was in Oakland. The same thing happened in Stockton. Both terminals reorganized with the teamsters and the sac terminal used an un constitutional and completely flawed law to decertify:shades:

That's the explanation on paper but that doesn't make my answer wrong. :shrug:
answer #2
this is the correct one
The Bestway terminal in sac was union at the time of the merger. The Reddaway guys out numbered them so according to law the old bestway guys became non union, hence the dovetail. had the Bestway guys out numbered the reddaway guys the situation would have been like it was in Oakland. The same thing happened in Stockton. Both terminals reorganized with the teamsters and the sac terminal used an un constitutional and completely flawed law to decertify:shades:

flawed law?

answer #2
this is the correct one
sometimes you got to do what you got to do, to get the union out.. I mean if they can lie to us about what they will do for us then, I guess we can lie about anything to" GET EM OUT !!":nutkick: (DECERTIFY by any means possible......)

dovetail all time, when we merge as one with YRC, I get to step on a teamsters neck as I dovetail in,LOL Im getting a little giggily !!!!

answer #2
this is the correct one

I'll have to go with this one. I know bestway was union at the time so it makes sense. Although I know the company also dovetailed them in to bribe them not to sign a card. The company knew if they sent them to the bottom they would all sign cards. Smart move on the company. I also agree with the decert bull. That law just went into effect and they used it. I also agree its a flawed law and has no business being a law.

dovetail all time, when we merge as one with YRC, I get to step on a teamsters neck as I dovetail in,LOL Im getting a little giggily !!!!

Not so fast there spongy. There will be no dovetailing when and if that even happens. I have a feeling we at Reddaway are screwed. Its not looking good there spongy...........:hide:

Which is why when I heard that Yellow was buying Reddaway I knew it was a bad thing. I told DH watch out this is not a good thing.