FedEx Freight | Not disgruntled exemployee but pissed off employee

Sorry that happened but that is why I am happy my husband is a Teamster. Check out ABF they are hiring. He was involved in an accident suspended 1 day. Back to work.

I always thought ABF was a good company and not saying they aren't, but damn .59 cents a mile. The hourly rate is low also and then union dues. I wondered how do they have drivers when they're are paying what I made in the mid 90's

I always thought ABF was a good company and not saying they aren't, but damn .59 cents a mile. The hourly rate is low also and then union dues. I wondered how do they have drivers when they're are paying what I made in the mid 90's
You are talking about the 90% rate for the first year.
You are also forgetting that your healthcare and pension are fully paid for by ABF at a rate of over $800.00 a week.
Not to mention a new tentative agreement that will most likely have a pretty good pay bump in it. We will know more about it later in the week!!!

Lot of judgement passing here. Just like to point out first and foremost none of us have seen the video of this incident so let’s stop and think about that before passing judgment. All the talk about truck driving experience being imperative to serve on said board is hogwash. It’s driving, it isn’t a skilled labor as many of us would like to believe. The same common sense rules apply to any driver of any size vehicle on the road. That argument doesn’t hold water. I will agree in times like we are currently in probably aren’t the best of times to get in trouble. While it seems maybe a harsh judgement on the surface given the drivers record, the board however must have deemed the maneuver rather agregious in nature to come to the conclusion. Again not having seen the video who knows 🤷‍♂️

Lot of judgement passing here. Just like to point out first and foremost none of us have seen the video of this incident so let’s stop and think about that before passing judgment. All the talk about truck driving experience being imperative to serve on said board is hogwash. It’s driving, it isn’t a skilled labor as many of us would like to believe. The same common sense rules apply to any driver of any size vehicle on the road. That argument doesn’t hold water. I will agree in times like we are currently in probably aren’t the best of times to get in trouble. While it seems maybe a harsh judgement on the surface given the drivers record, the board however must have deemed the maneuver rather agregious in nature to come to the conclusion. Again not having seen the video who knows 🤷‍♂️
Driving a tractor and trailer is a skilled labor. Not just anyone can jump in one and drive it safely or back it or what ever. Thats why we are held to a higher standard than a regular driver. Dont sell Truck driving short we are just as skilled as say welders or house builders etc.

Driving a tractor and trailer is a skilled labor. Not just anyone can jump in one and drive it safely or back it or what ever. Thats why we are held to a higher standard than a regular driver. Dont sell Truck driving short we are just as skilled as say welders or house builders etc.
Agreed. Now how do you defend the dock only people being paid the same hourly wage as a driver?

Agreed. Now how do you defend the dock only people being paid the same hourly wage as a driver?
I dont know the answer to that. If we hit someone and a death is involved we are subject to some heavy stuff up to including prison. Just my opinion but a driver especially p&d should make more than a dock worker. Thats a lot of bumping docks daily. Even the hub/combo drivers should make more because it is a skill. You can walk on the dock and take a 3 hour forklift class then be tested, but you cant do that in a Semi.

Disagree and am a road driver. I am pretty sure it isn’t classified as skilled labor either nor should it be. I mean there is a 💩 load of people that “can’t” drive a car yet still do and are licensed.

Disagree and am a road driver. I am pretty sure it isn’t classified as skilled labor either nor should it be. I mean there is a 💩 load of people that “can’t” drive a car yet still do and are licensed.
Agree to disagree. Im classified as a professional driver and have never made as much as i make now in my life at any unskilled labor job.

As a CDL-A Hazmat/Tanker endorsed employee your time should be worth more than a minimally qualified dock worker if you’re doing the same job. Regardless if you’re driving consistently or not you are required to remain licensed and endorsed, they’re not. That’s why drivers are paid their regular rate while working the dock.

Your right you haven't seen the video and I never said I was totally innocent. Then again I tend to believe you've never been to this Fedex Freight yard. There is not one driver past or present that has driven into that yard that hasn't done the same maneuver. That doesn't make it right, I'm just the one that got the short end. As for those guys on the DVR, I've known some and they do sketchy ::shit:: as fast anyone but they still think their ::shit:: don't stink. You say a truck driver isn't skilled well then I'm speculating you've only been a driver a very short time if at all.
38 years Total
16 years with different companies
22 years Safe Driving can you match it
4 TDC's in the top 10
2015 Fedex President Safety Award.
All the good don't mean a.damn thing here. It's bullshit that a driver
has No say with the DVR board

Your right you haven't seen the video and I never said I was totally innocent. Then again I tend to believe you've never been to this Fedex Freight yard. There is not one driver past or present that has driven into that yard that hasn't done the same maneuver. That doesn't make it right, I'm just the one that got the short end. As for those guys on the DVR, I've known some and they do sketchy ::::shit:::: as fast anyone but they still think their ::::shit:::: don't stink. You say a truck driver isn't skilled well then I'm speculating you've only been a driver a very short time if at all.
38 years Total
4 TDC's in the top 10
I can vouch for this. The trains suck! Because of daywalkers poor situation we now all wait for train to clear instead of creeping down the ******* lane to our left turn. We were told if we were even seen doing this it could be cause for termination. So now we collect delay. Sometimes the train will block the road for 45 minutes. 💰💰

I can vouch for this. The trains suck! Because of daywalkers poor situation we now all wait for train to clear instead of creeping down the ******* lane to our left turn. We were told if we were even seen doing this it could be cause for termination. So now we collect delay. Sometimes the train will block the road for 45 minutes. 💰💰
Who would of thought s u i c i d é would be censored.

Your right you haven't seen the video and I never said I was totally innocent. Then again I tend to believe you've never been to this Fedex Freight yard. There is not one driver past or present that has driven into that yard that hasn't done the same maneuver. That doesn't make it right, I'm just the one that got the short end. As for those guys on the DVR, I've known some and they do sketchy ::::shit:::: as fast anyone but they still think their ::::shit:::: don't stink. You say a truck driver isn't skilled well then I'm speculating you've only been a driver a very short time if at all.
38 years Total
4 TDC's in the top 10
I knew a guy at o.d had 15 years afe driving and had a little mishap on the yard and was fired just that quick. You would think loyalty meant something but the insurance folks seem to call the shots now.

38 years Total
4 TDC's in the top 10
Nope can’t match it and does it really matter in the end? You are correct that people are people and who exactly is on your review board does matter for sure. I don’t doubt that many drivers do the exact same thing but they probably never had anything happen that triggered a review. We’ve probably all gotten away with things at some point and we should all realize there is no security at FXF whatsoever. The money is good but anyone of us could be gone tomorrow in the blink of an eye.

They don't.

FT dock makes around $23-24/hr max. We're paid around $10 more per hour.
Negative grasshopper. Full time veteran dockworkers at Freight make almost what a driver makes. Within $4 or $5. I'll check on the exact number, if you like.

If said dockworker wants to become a driver, they take a significant CUT in pay, until they work up to top driver pay.

Worth mentioning, a good dockworker is worth their weight in gold. They can make or break a company profit margin. They can also make or ruin a city driver's day.

Last edited:
Negative grasshopper. Full time veteran dockworkers at Freight make almost what a driver makes. Within $4 or $5. I'll check on the exact number, if you like.

If said dockworker wants to become a driver, they take a significant CUT in pay, until they work up to top driver pay.

Worth mentioning, a good dockworker is worth their weight in gold. They can make or break a company profit margin. They can also make or ruin a city driver's day.

We had a bunch of dock workers suddenly decide to be drivers when everybody was starting at top rate.

In my building a topped out dock worker and a topped out driver are a little over 5 dollars apart.