FedEx Freight | Not disgruntled exemployee but pissed off employee

Negative grasshopper. Full time veteran dockworkers at Freight make almost what a driver makes. Within $4 or $5. I'll check on the exact number, if you like.
Correction: difference in rate for top rate FT dock vs top rate driver - B 5.09, C 5.53. Also no cut in pay once dock worker completes program. Actually very small increase.

End of Feb involved in an accident in a company trk. I was in the wrong but a car did illegal u-turn & hit me. After 23 yrs with company & 22 yrs safe driving & 4 Tdc's I also received in 2015 the Fedex President Safety club. I was disqualified. Now I can't even drive a yard goat. Hell I'm surprised they let me on a forklift. Yeah they let me be a part time dock worker but damn it don't give that part timer a key to the pad lock on trls. What bullshit. Tried for a full time position only to see I was no longer under consideration. Paranoid maybe, that they're wanting to get rid of me. Will leave on my terms
Understand… I’ve been from AF to Fedex Freight from the dock to city and road for 27yrs … 23 years safe driver and just last summer I went to nationals TDC on sept 6th slipped hooking my dolly to the back of my truck, crushed hand middle finger and knuckle last Monday Dr released me with permanent restrictions and all they offered me as a job is custodial work… WTH

Understand… I’ve been from AF to Fedex Freight from the dock to city and road for 27yrs … 23 years safe driver and just last summer I went to nationals TDC on sept 6th slipped hooking my dolly to the back of my truck, crushed hand middle finger and knuckle last Monday Dr released me with permanent restrictions and all they offered me as a job is custodial work… WTH
having been a valued employee in the past does not mean a thing. The name of the game is what have you done for me lately. I think 27 years should have earned you some respect but it doesn't. I hope you heal up driver and find something that you are able to do for work

I keep telling people, it doesn't matter how long you've been here, how much your ops manager likes you or even the SCM. They have no control over those decisions. Do what's in your best interest and continue to move forward, the way every corporation (FedEx included) is going to do what's in their best interests and keep moving forward. This is a mutually beneficial relationship, until it isn't.

having been a valued employee in the past does not mean a thing. The name of the game is what have you done for me lately. I think 27 years should have earned you some respect but it doesn't. I hope you heal up driver and find something that you are able to do for work
I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Fedex doesn't surprise me though. Purple promise and people first ::shit::.
Congrats on going to Nationals, that is a great accomplishment for youself.

I knew a guy at o.d had 15 years afe driving and had a little mishap on the yard and was fired just that quick. You would think loyalty meant something but the insurance folks seem to call the shots now.
It’s a way of getting rid of the top earners. Bring in new hires at lower rate no vacation no paid time off ….it’s called hire to fire.

So you’re saying new hires off the street get paid the same rate as someone who’s been there 10 to 20 years?
New hires get 4 or 5 week’s vacation right away?
Paid the same? Yes. Everyone starts at top rate.

Vacation is accrued. Yes, the more senior guys will have more vacation, but the only reason a senior driver would make more money than a junior one is because he bid a longer run.

Paid the same? Yes. Everyone starts at top rate.

Vacation is accrued. Yes, the more senior guys will have more vacation, but the only reason a senior driver would make more money than a junior one is because he bid a longer run.
I know sometimes starting pay starts at a higher rate when we need drivers, ex Covid times.

Fedex Freight drivers have a 3 year pay progression with your 3rd year of employment being topped out. The area you work in also determines what your paid per hr or mile.

For vacation you get 2 weeks a year. Starting at 7 years you get 3 weeks. And correct me if I'm wrong but at 15 years you get 4 weeks.

I know sometimes starting pay starts at a higher rate when we need drivers, ex Covid times.

Fedex Freight drivers have a 3 year pay progression with your 3rd year of employment being topped out. The area you work in also determines what your paid per hr or mile.

For vacation you get 2 weeks a year. Starting at 7 years you get 3 weeks. And correct me if I'm wrong but at 15 years you get 4 weeks.
You’re right. All of the road drivers hired up to August of last year are at top pay. I believe that has been suspended for anyone else hired on moving forward, assuming we ever hire road drivers again that is.

Wrong. 3 year progression also different rates at different locations.
I wasn't aware we were doing that again. We haven't hired a driver since last June. Last I knew, everyone was hired at top rate. Didn't realize that was temporary.

Yes.
I know you stray away from management but that's how I found out and that was about a year ago.

I don't stray away from management. Management knows me very well at a district level (working my way up the corporate ladder). They only share what I ask them to share. Pay progression doesn't come up.

I don't stray away from management. Management knows me very well at a district level (working my way up the corporate ladder). They only share what I ask them to share. Pay progression doesn't come up.
You asked the question I gave you the answer. Maybe since you're nice and tight with them get your news from them. Don't be a dik about it.

You asked the question I gave you the answer. Maybe since you're nice and tight with them get your news from them. Don't be a dik about it.

I'm not being a dik about it... I was genuinely curious so I asked. I told you the only answers that get answered are the ones that are asked. Pay progression doesn't come up.