ABF | Note From An ABF Brother......

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Well boys it looks like they gave out the wrong numbers in the 4th quarter report. If you look at the SEC filing it says that 56.5% of abf's total revenue went for wages, salaries and benefits. But in the video it was said that 70% or she said $7.00 out of every $10.00 went to pay wages, salaries and benefits. Now if such a blunder was made that would be a huge mistake in the accounting field.

1833816894.jpg

0883776798.jpg

Let's just look at the difference 13.5% if you take in the fact that abf had revenue of 1,993,314,000.00 that would be a error of $269,097,390.00.

I don't know about you Brothers but that is a hell of a difference. Now is it a error or is it misleading the Teamsters. Judy finally graced us with her presence at abf this year and laid a big egg in her numbers she gave us or the numbers she gave the SEC. Only time will tell. But as for me I will be very skeptical of any accounting she speaks of in the future.

and
THE 4th QUARTER BULLSHIT REPORT
Well it has shifted to another gear at the fort. The queen went slumming down to the ole abf section of her empire (aka the company ghetto).

I really have a hard time listening to her since we don't hear from her unless she is trying to take something from us. Does the company think we can't see what they are trying to do?
How many times did judy say glad you ask tim like she didn't know what he was going to ask before hand. How dumb does she think we really are. Then the speech about how it wasn't abf money that bought Panther. Well if I remember correctly we the abf people were around 90% of the arkbest (the name back then) revenue. And she failed to say that the $90,000,000 down payment was from money supplied by abf and that it also helped to show a loss in the OR.

As for the money spent on equipment, we were in serious trouble with our equipment because judy had decided that for several years there would be NO NEW EQUIPMENT PURCHASES FOR abf. Not only did it make life more difficult for us drivers and dock workers it put our lives more at risk for nothing more than a bonus or a better return on a share of stock.

WE the abf Teamsters have generated enough revenue to make the abf fleet one of the newest in the industry and it was not arcbest but we the Teamsters. Please don't forget all those times you broke down or drove and pulled less than decent equipment. We endured all this so judy could have her beloved castle and one for her crown jewel panther. They have the balls to come to us and want us to feel sorry for them.

AS for the pension and health payments, Good for us because if we had not had a contract FORCING abf to pay these funds we would have no pension and no health coverage. Does she not think we know the cost of all this is factored into all freight quotes. If we gave them a break on either they would put that money into their pockets instead of those of our families.

Here is my 4th QUARTER REPORT FOR abf. We ****ing worked hard for almost five years knowing that we had been taken advantage of but yet we did what we said we would do give abf a fair days work for a for days pay minus 7% and in doing so we aided arcbest in capturing a large share of the freight in all forms. And what do they do they come to us saying we really did nothing to benefit the bottom line.

Brothers that report and the dog and pony show was the worst thing they could have done to get a yes vote for anything short of a contract that REWARDS US FOR A COMPANY SAVING JOB WELL DONE! Judy did you ever stop to think about your pension scare tactics, we would rather see that money go to our pensions no matter what than to see you get one nickle of it. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS

If you closed your eyes it sounded like Hilary Clinton spinning her tails

Surely you're not suggesting that........females from Arkansas are duplicitous in speech?

That's a rather broad statement, Brother......and is not very complimentary to the upper stratum of feminine society in the Great State of Arkansas.......

Oops!.....I didn't mean "broad".......

Yes I have to give Jeff credit for inviting Docker and I back. It was decided all sides of the abf story needed to be told. Kk and Jeff are just trying to be fair and that is all we can ask for. Soon Trux and Go40 and pappa John should be returning Also.
Welcome back Brother Muler.

As you all can see abf made a lot of money since 2013 and our executives have not missed a chance to reward themselves along with giving out bonuses to lower to middle managers. don't ever mistaken my post for wanting any harm to come to abf or its people.

I look for better ways for us to enhance all abf lives. I have seen many times in my career when Teamsters and management fight it always ends up in loses to both sides. We need to do our own house cleaning not outsiders. We have a way of life at abf and it was one of a proud Teamster and proud abf employee but since judy has came to power we feel like we are nothing but a whipping postl for her to take and take from.

We need to get back to what has always been the back bone of abf and that is to be entrusted to do our jobs and to be paid for giving a hard days work. abf is here today because the Teamsters earned BILLIONS by driving trucks and working the dock.

Now they want to strap electronic devices everywhere. It takes me longer to log in to all my electronics than to do a pretrip inspection. If 5 minutes off two breaks a day equal 43.333 hours a year what do you think all the time we spend logging in and out a day cost abf?

There are ways to make abf far more profitable it is called working smarter not harder. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

As you all can see abf made a lot of money since 2013 and our executives have not missed a chance to reward themselves along with giving out bonuses to lower to middle managers. don't ever mistaken my post for wanting any harm to come to abf or its people.

I look for better ways for us to enhance all abf lives. I have seen many times in my career when Teamsters and management fight it always ends up in loses to both sides. We need to do our own house cleaning not outsiders. We have a way of life at abf and it was one of a proud Teamster and proud abf employee but since judy has came to power we feel like we are nothing but a whipping postl for her to take and take from.

We need to get back to what has always been the back bone of abf and that is to be entrusted to do our jobs and to be paid for giving a hard days work. abf is here today because the Teamsters earned BILLIONS by driving trucks and working the dock.

Now they want to strap electronic devices everywhere. It takes me longer to log in to all my electronics than to do a pretrip inspection. If 5 minutes off two breaks a day equal 43.333 hours a year what do you think all the time we spend logging in and out a day cost abf?

There are ways to make abf far more profitable it is called working smarter not harder. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Don’t forget about the new yellow scan stickers we will all be using soon enough. It’s to speed up the dock by scanning every piece of freight instead of manually putting them in. Then in their next breath they will be crying about the city hours being up because it will take more time to put the stickers on the freight....

Don’t forget about the new yellow scan stickers we will all be using soon enough. It’s to speed up the dock by scanning every piece of freight instead of manually putting them in. Then in their next breath they will be crying about the city hours being up because it will take more time to put the stickers on the freight....
Yes very time consuming.

Again I would like to thank KK for starting this thread. It was needed. I think it just may have helped in us getting a better contract, It was said this went to the very top at arcbest. You see Brothers information is always the best weapon.

Yes I have to give Jeff credit for inviting Docker and I back. It was decided all sides of the abf story needed to be told. Kk and Jeff are just trying to be fair and that is all we can ask for. Soon Trux and Go40 and pappa John should be returning Also.
You are right Muller. Docker has been known by both these board members as to his in depth posting & how very accurate it is. By Jeff allowing them back, it helps everybody. Increases TB's visitor count. The more people read this information about ABF and the upcoming contract talks, the better informed the rank & file voter will be. I also hope for less bickering between the posters. I also have been know to abuse this. We all have feelings. And when we are called out it is natural to respond. trucknet.com was a great web site for trucking. But, to much bickering & to many posts blocked was the main reason they are no longer around. Between these 2 boards is a treasure load of information for the people in thi business. I wish everybody to be safe & hope they re-gain what they gave up to ABF. von.