ABF | Note From An ABF Brother......

Well boys it looks like they gave out the wrong numbers in the 4th quarter report. If you look at the SEC filing it says that 56.5% of abf's total revenue went for wages, salaries and benefits. But in the video it was said that 70% or she said $7.00 out of every $10.00 went to pay wages, salaries and benefits. Now if such a blunder was made that would be a huge mistake in the accounting field.

Let's just look at the difference 13.5% if you take in the fact that abf had revenue of 1,993,314,000.00 that would be a error of $269,097,390.00.

I don't know about you Brothers but that is a hell of a difference. Now is it a error or is it misleading the Teamsters. Judy finally graced us with her presence at abf this year and laid a big egg in her numbers she gave us or the numbers she gave the SEC. Only time will tell. But as for me I will be very skeptical of any accounting she speaks of in the future.

YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS

Please be more careful in the future Judy because it's exactly these kind of discrepancies that can lead to this...

Celadon Group to restate four years of financial results as accounting issues bite

The financial and accounting problems plaguing truckload and logistics provider Celadon Group Inc. deepened late yesterday when the company disclosed it would be forced to restate four years of financial results due to accounting regularitie.

In yesterday's announcement, Celadon said that it would restate its results going back to fiscal year 2014, and that previously released information covering those periods should not be relied upon. Last May, it disclosed that financial statements over six fiscal quarters from mid-2015 through Dec. 31, 2016, should not be relied upon because of accounting issues over a joint venture involving its truck-leasing division. The month before, Celadon reported a $10 million fiscal third quarter operating loss, which led to the resignation of then-President and COO Eric Meek and the start of a housecleaning and reshuffling at the company's highest management levels.

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/20180403-celadon-group-to-restate-four-years-of-financial-results-as-accounting-issues-bite/

Please be more careful in the future Judy because it's exactly these kind of discrepancies that can lead to this...
do you mean those "carefully manipulated (sp?) and manufactured numbers".. As Canary once observed "those accountants must be on work comp for inhaling all the eraser dust" (a high tech form of asbestos related issues)..just think about the physical problems of using such a low tech product such as a pencil with an eraser and inhaling the dust..to paraphrase our former President from Arkansas (no doubt) Bill Clinton..yeah, but I didn't inhale ! Maybe he was talking about the eraser dust from the Whitewater deals..man, those Arkansas people really know how to pull off those accounting numbers..
By the way, I took sick days on Mon and Tues..can't wait to see what the reaction will be from mgmt. 4 of my buddies took off Monday, but I am the only one to take off Mon and Tues...will I have to bring a doctor's excuse like we did in elementary school?

Last edited:
I am the only one to take off Mon and Tues...will I have to bring a doctor's excuse like we did in elementary school?

Not if you used sick days. After all... actually being sick while claiming not to be isn't a punishable offense... that is unless you freely admit it to management... then it could have possible ramifications.

Not if you used sick days. After all... actually being sick while claiming not to be isn't a punishable offense... that is unless you freely admit it to management... then it could have possible ramifications.

You could have a nervous stomach because of the building anticipation waiting to see the tentative agreement that we’re all going to be so happy with.......

Yeah.......I think I ‘d go with that.......

You could have a nervous stomach because of the building anticipation waiting to see the tentative agreement that we’re all going to be so happy with.......

Yeah.......I think I ‘d go with that.......
A pounding headache that made focusing impossible to drive to work in my personal car, much less drive a CMV. How could management argue against that? They can't.

I've heard that some printed copies of Old School Teamster's Contract Straight Talk were sent to the Fort... with one TM even stating that there would be a reply in a couple of hours... and that was weeks ago... and nothing. Now why doesn't that surprise me... oh... that's why... Judy just wants this to quietly go away... just like she does with all her other BS stunts.

And nothing back from Solomon yet either.