Yellow | Number 2 Yellow Freightways buys number 1 Roadway Express

The article clearly states that Yellow Corporation purchased Roadway. At the time, Yellow Corporation consisted of 3 subsidiaries
  • Yellow Transportation
  • Meridian IQ (now YRC Logistics)
  • Yellow Technologies

In 2002, Yellow Freight was renamed Yellow Transportation, Inc., which was a fully owned subsidiary of Yellow Corporation. Yellow Transportation did not buy Roadway. Yellow Corporation purchased Roadway.

History: 1924 to the Present

I would think that this man is in the position to know and he has definately done his home work.
quiet river......You should be ashamed of yourself to put up an article with a fudged date on the head and who ever changed the year should pay a little better attention to the number size when turning up the year.

I would think that this man is in the position to know and he has definately done his home work.
quiet river......You should be ashamed of yourself to put up an article with a fudged date on the head and who ever changed the year should pay a little better attention to the number size when turning up the year.

roadstar,

What the h*** are you talking about? Quiet river did NOT change any dates. The original article on the NY Times web site was published on July 9, 2003 just as he said. The date at the top of the web site is today's date (or whatever date it is when you look at it), but the article date is there for you to see if you'll just look a little better.

I think you owe quiet river an apology!

roadstar,

What the h*** are you talking about? Quiet river did NOT change any dates. The original article on the NY Times web site was published on July 9, 2003 just as he said. The date at the top of the web site is today's date (or whatever date it is when you look at it), but the article date is there for you to see if you'll just look a little better.

I think you owe quiet river an apology!

Well he certainly has my deepest regrets.
I am sorry if I offended anyone .
Still a little confusing to me though. Why is the date under the new york times sept 3rd 2008?
nobody is buying anybody on this date.
Wish I had a few more minutes to spend reviewing this but...got to go to work now so quiet river certainl has my apology:smilie_132:

Check out this news article from July 9 2003. Yellow was called Yellow Freightways. Not YRCW. And there was no parent company called yellow transportation until after the buy out of Roadway. Sure looks like a Roadway end tail.....
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F06EEDD123DF93AA35754C0A9659C8B63

This link will clearly show that Yellow Corp existed before the Roadway purchase.

http://idc.api.edgar-online.com/efx...ConvPDF1?SessionID=fIFmWtNVbAGEzCS&ID=2005944

not what I hear it will be one for one ,number for number example two terminals combine the number one guy from yellow is first next would be the number one guy from roadway number 2 guy from yellow is next so that would make him 3 on the roster then would come the number two guy from roadway he would be number 4 not a true dovetail not a endtail either that word is out there

This is, without a doubt, the stupidest thing I have ever read on here yet. Kennesaw Kid and many others have tried to explain the truth to you "chicken littles" and you just don't want hear it. You love to scare yourselves or you just like to keep stirring up the sh**.

Now here is a little humor to lighten the dialogue. And if this has already been said before, I apologize. I don't begin to read even half this stuff posted here. My son dropped by last night to leave my grandkids here, and he, a Yellow linedriver, and I were discussing the merger with my neighbor from across the street. I was saying how the new company will be called YellowRoadway. My neighbor said they should put brick in the middle and call it YellowBrickRoadway. I loved that, so we decided that they should have a logo with Dorothy, Toto, the tinman, the scarecrow and the lion all walking down a yellow road. Of course, in this case the road would be orange. Which brings me to a matter I was always curious about. Have any of y'all down in the bayou or the glades actually ever seen swamp hollow orange in the wild?

not what I hear it will be one for one ,number for number example two terminals combine the number one guy from yellow is first next would be the number one guy from roadway number 2 guy from yellow is next so that would make him 3 on the roster then would come the number two guy from roadway he would be number 4 not a true dovetail not a endtail either that word is out there
Why is the number one guy from Yellow first? What if the number one guy from Roadway is senior? This driver who works for number two Roadway that was bought by number one Yellow, with twenty-seven years of untrainable seniority, would like the chicken little people to tell me, why I will be entailed?

I reaaly hope you are the guys that are pushed out. Yellow and Roadway are unforunately in this together. We all knew this would be the end result and to say Yellow goes first and Roadway second or endtail is a real scumbag thing to think. I know we're all worried about our jobs but please don't think that working for Yellow makes you better than a Roadway guy. I swear the word brotherhood has really been forgotten a long tome ago.

I reaaly hope you are the guys that are pushed out. Yellow and Roadway are unforunately in this together. We all knew this would be the end result and to say Yellow goes first and Roadway second or endtail is a real scumbag thing to think. I know we're all worried about our jobs but please don't think that working for Yellow makes you better than a Roadway guy. I swear the word brotherhood has really been forgotten a long tome ago.

Bad thing about it is this thread and others like it won't stop until about 2 years after it's all said and done. Guys just can't get it, the union is our advocate they don't think anymore about Yellow dues than they do Roadway dues. They are going to fight for dovetail and they will win even if the company wants endtail. The contract is crystal clear on this matter. I would post the art sec and language but my contract book is misplaced.

Bad thing about it is this thread and others like it won't stop until about 2 years after it's all said and done. Guys just can't get it, the union is our advocate they don't think anymore about Yellow dues than they do Roadway dues. They are going to fight for dovetail and they will win even if the company wants endtail. The contract is crystal clear on this matter. I would post the art sec and language but my contract book is misplaced.

I have read it several times and its no secret.....dovetail...dove tail...dove tail.
We even had a shop steward post the copied section on the wall with the contract updates on the matter and they state specificly.....NO CHANGE.
Getting tired of the annimosity myself guys.
I just call it another day in Paradise. The new numbers of termination do sound a little pumped up I think and the retirement rate caused from all this may also surprise allot of people so please dont be misled to early and run out.
Do shop around and be ready but dont give it up that easy.
Just may work out well for you. Sucks....I know but it seems to come with the job and it has always been something here since day one.

Hi STEVE: It is ART.5 SEC.2 N.M.F.A. I find myself repeating this to members several times a day in my travels. Most still don't want to accept it.:smilie_132:

Hi STEVE: It is ART.5 SEC.2 N.M.F.A. I find myself repeating this to members several times a day in my travels. Most still don't want to accept it.:smilie_132:

It is what it is..........but many are in denial of the facts.....you know, the ones they voted for!.......KK