Yellow | ny comp. ?

mechanic

TB Lurker
Credits
A little freindly advice would be appreciated. I've never put in for workers comp in ny. before and am wondering if I should or not. I hurt my shoulder real bad on friday and am in a bit of pain am wondering if i should try and work through it or go to the doc. and do i gotta go to there doc or not. ps. i did fill out a report

I don`t post much on here,but,if you got hurt at work.Listen you better file a workers comp claim if you need to.

Please go see a Doctor as soon as possible . Make sure you tell any Doctor that you see this was caused at WORK !
A little freindly advice would be appreciated. I've never put in for workers comp in ny. before and am wondering if I should or not. I hurt my shoulder real bad on friday and am in a bit of pain am wondering if i should try and work through it or go to the doc. and do i gotta go to there doc or not. ps. i did fill out a report

Go to the doctor immediately DO NOT WAIT you will get screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO,GO,GO,GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT WAIT :ranting2:

If you didn't fill out an incident report, you probably better get one done asap. The company could try to fight you on it otherwise.

A little freindly advice would be appreciated. I've never put in for workers comp in ny. before and am wondering if I should or not. I hurt my shoulder real bad on friday and am in a bit of pain am wondering if i should try and work through it or go to the doc. and do i gotta go to there doc or not. ps. i did fill out a report[/QUOTE

I am not sure how NY State comp works, but I know shoulders.... I have had 3 surgeries, the last one was career ending, in Mass. You should get to an orthopedic surgeon and get an MRI. You might have to see a general physician first and the insurance might want you to do physical theraphy for a while before they will authoriize an MRI, but get your own Orthopedic guy , not theirs, if the law allows that. DONT TRUST The Insurance Company Doctors, and The MRI dont lie... Good luck.....

Hey Mechanic you go to your doctor first. You do not go to company doctor yet. See your doctor first. I have herniated disc from back in 98 and Roadway tried to get me to see their doctor first and my doctor said no way. After that I got a lawyer and everything went smooth. NYS raised their comp payments to 550.00 a week.

Mechanic after about a month I went to a company orthopedic doctor and he saw I was in pain and asked me what I was doing there, and I told him the company sent me there and he sent me home and said I never should of went there.

Looks like you got rotator cuff pain to some degree. But you only have a bit of pain you say. I had some rotator cuff tendinitis and it only required anti-inflamms and physical therapy that I did at home. It was 100% in a few weeks. If the doctor rules out surgery which is likely cause you can't even lift your arm if you really injured it that bad and like you said you only have a bit of pain. You have to remember if you go on workman's comp you can forget about a getting a job in freight if YRC goes down

don't walk, run, to YOUR doctor, get a proper diagnosis, and treatment, you'll be glad you did!

Looks like you got rotator cuff pain to some degree. But you only have a bit of pain you say. I had some rotator cuff tendinitis and it only required anti-inflamms and physical therapy that I did at home. It was 100% in a few weeks. If the doctor rules out surgery which is likely cause you can't even lift your arm if you really injured it that bad and like you said you only have a bit of pain. You have to remember if you go on workman's comp you can forget about a getting a job in freight if YRC goes down

wrong joe! never, ever had that stand in my way, it's his right, and personal responsibility to himself, and his family to get any, and all injuries taken care of!

Dont fall for the old cortisone shot trick............if it relieves the pain and loosens up the shoulder it dont last long.............

wrong joe! never, ever had that stand in my way, it's his right, and personal responsibility to himself, and his family to get any, and all injuries taken care of!

I'm not disputing that. I said if the doctor rules out surgery. Who knows how long physical therapy might take.
If the injury is not severe the doctor will leave it up to you as to whether or not you can work. Workman's comp won't look good in a job app..if it wasn't necessary. It's definitely not a life time check. Even in a severe injury they base your settlement on a formula on how many years of service you had etc and you can't even live on that