Yellow | NY Mets using Old Dominion

Can't believe they allow supervisors to do linehaul runs???

Yeah it's great when you run extra board and only work 2 days a week to see a sup helping themselves to our runs on the weekend. Better yet, all the city drivers will jump onboard too for weekend work only if the weather is nice bc none of them can drive in snow either. A company that really looks out for their road drivers lol

Yeah it's great when you run extra board and only work 2 days a week to see a sup helping themselves to our runs on the weekend. Better yet, all the city drivers will jump onboard too for weekend work only if the weather is nice bc none of them can drive in snow either. A company that really looks out for their road drivers lol

I feel your pain and I've been in the same position at times but you need to understand something. LTL trucking is a service business and freight needs to move. Companies can't and don't "save" loads to make drivers happy, that's not why they're in business. It's typical for companies to have more freight to move over the weekend than they have drivers available and that's why they use "extra" drivers. That's just normal in this business. As you get more seniority you'll usually do better.

I feel your pain and I've been in the same position at times but you need to understand something. LTL trucking is a service business and freight needs to move. Companies can't and don't "save" loads to make drivers happy, that's not why they're in business. It's typical for companies to have more freight to move over the weekend than they have drivers available and that's why they use "extra" drivers. That's just normal in this business. As you get more seniority you'll usually do better.

I'm just talking for our line boys on the extra board, been with OD longer than anyone that post on this forum. We fooled 3 line guys who been with FXF for years to come drink the green kool aid and they got hosed big time due to the things I listed above and had to seek work elsewhere within a year. Not a right thing to do to a guy who gives up 10+ years of seniority and feed them a line of BS, then give everyone else their work. These guys were ready and willing to work weekends, but sups and city grab everything before they had to a chance to finish their 10 from Friday night.

I'm just talking for our line boys on the extra board, been with OD longer than anyone that post on this forum. We fooled 3 line guys who been with FXF for years to come drink the green kool aid and they got hosed big time due to the things I listed above and had to seek work elsewhere within a year. Not a right thing to do to a guy who gives up 10+ years of seniority and feed them a line of BS, then give everyone else their work. These guys were ready and willing to work weekends, but sups and city grab everything before they had to a chance to finish their 10 from Friday night.
I know the CRST recruiter in Tacoma Billy,if you want some weekend work to Fresno and back....

When those road drivers are sitting at home all week they should have first dibs on those runs and what's left everybody else can have.

When those road drivers are sitting at home all week they should have first dibs on those runs and what's left everybody else can have.

I totally agree but I think BillyLo is talking about holding runs for drivers who haven't completed their rest. That's the part I was responding to.

Most of the weekend runs are going to terminals that aren't even open for the weekend. I do not see why it'd be an issue to hold the runs.