ODFL | OD Drop / Hook and fuel pay

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it true that OD doesn’t pay linehaul drivers for drops , hooks , and fueling? My one ex co worker told me this and i am having a hard time believing that?

Each piece of equipment; tractor, dolly, and pups is two bucks, so eight dollars when you break and drop that set on arrival, go fuel three dollars. When you're ready to depart hooking up a set, Tractor, dolly and your outbound pups pay the same two bucks. Stopping at that terminal paid you 19 dollars, sixteen for dropping/hooking, three for fueling.

Typical switch is dropping 2 trailers and hooking 2 trailers.

4 drops 4 hooks each full switch.

Pull in drop tail =1 drop
pull away drop dolly =1 drop
spot lead =1 drop
hook dolly and go drop in front of new rear =1 hook 1 drop
go hook new lead =1 hook
back it up to dolly and hook dolly to lead =1 hook
back under rear =1 hook

add additional 1 drop and 1 hook if you have to pull rear trailer off dock and move it to complete hook.
add additional 1 drop and 1 hook if you have to spot rear to door too.
any additional drops or hooks past 4 will ask for explanation. Type in what you did, and they pay it.

top off diesel fuel =1 fuel
top off def fluid =1 fuel

How it was explained to me when I started.

spot lead =1 drop
go hook new lead =1 hook
back under rear =1 hook

add additional 1 drop and 1 hook if you have to pull rear trailer off dock and move it to complete hook.
any additional drops or hooks past 4 will ask for explanation. Type in what you did, and they pay it.

Do you input all of that on a handheld or is it done on paper?

Cortex 360 is what it is called. Just an android tablet that goes in a cradle on the dash. It’s our electronic log too. Also has a truck gps with all of our meet codes and terminal codes in there. We get our dispatch from them too. What is called a hook card is sent to you then you have to input you dolly number and submit it to be dispatched out. Only need to go inside for any hazmat paperwork.

When you arrive at next terminal you receive an “arrival” card.

you tap on it to arrive yourself
it asks how many hooks, how many drops, how many fuels, how many additional mIles, if any and a reason for that, asks if you are requesting time off, if you need a motel p/o, and if you chained up

It’s all on drop down menu too. So you just click what you want to answer then scroll to whatever answer is. Wait time or breakdowns you have to tell your TM or dispatch. They submit that

spot lead =1 drop
go hook new lead =1 hook
back under rear =1 hook

A lot of typing for two bucks