ODFL | Od spending money on all new trucks for driver facing cameras but are not using them.

But seriously, I don't blame some of you for complaining about the camera and the resulting coaching and terminations, but when it comes to cell phone use while operating a CMV, the law is clear and it doesn't just apply to the driver, it also applies to the employer of the driver. Your company is trying to stay compliant and in doing so, they are protecting your job. Those of you who are good drivers and use your cell phones within the letter of law should be thanking OD management for the in cab cameras. If you don't believe me, here is the rules from CFR 49. Copy and paste them for yourselves.

§392.80 Prohibition against texting.​

§392.82 Using a hand-held mobile telephone.​

Correct me if I’m wrong, but driver I talked to said new cameras are facing out front windshield and drivers where caught by reflection of glass! I know this was already mentioned, but is there a separate camera facing driver as well that is not activated yet?
They didn’t buy driver facing cameras to not use. At some point, they will be turned on.
Retired now, but when I drove for Con-Way Freight,(and then XPO Logistics Freight),they installed one camera that recorded both inside and out. And I’m guessing they’ve had them for about 15 years now. After they put them in,I really couldn’t enjoy my job as much being coached for stupid stuff. Example: I took my seat belt off in anticipation of backing into an ally to make a delivery. I only pulled up about 10-15 feet with my belt off, and I was coached for that. Can u believe it? That was one of the reasons I got out.

Retired now, but when I drove for Con-Way Freight,(and then XPO Logistics Freight),they installed one camera that recorded both inside and out. And I’m guessing they’ve had them for about 15 years now. After they put them in,I really couldn’t enjoy my job as much being coached for stupid stuff. Example: I took my seat belt off in anticipation of backing into an ally to make a delivery. I only pulled up about 10-15 feet with my belt off, and I was coached for that. Can u believe it? That was one of the reasons I got out.
I can believe it because for that 10-15 feet you were in violation of the law and you also put the company at risk of being in violation of the law. I've been popped for the same thing, backing into a dock off of a public street. Breaking the law? Yes. Company being nitpicky? Yes, but with the force of law on it's side and against you. What if someone would would have ridden up on your blind side when you turned to follow the trailer and made unwanted contact with your rig? Who would automatically be legally responsible? You and the company, even if the accident was later found to be non-preventable.

§392.16 Use of seat belts.​

(a) Drivers. No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle, that has a seat belt assembly installed at the driver's seat unless the driver is properly restrained by the seat belt assembly.

I can believe it because for that 10-15 feet you were in violation of the law and you also put the company at risk of being in violation of the law. I've been popped for the same thing, backing into a dock off of a public street. Breaking the law? Yes. Company being nitpicky? Yes, but with the force of law on it's side and against you. What if someone would would have ridden up on your blind side when you turned to follow the trailer and made unwanted contact with your rig? Who would automatically be legally responsible? You and the company, even if the accident was later found to be non-preventable.

(a) Drivers. No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle, that has a seat belt assembly installed at the driver's seat unless the driver is properly restrained by the seat belt assembly.

like I said, that was one of the reasons that I retired. They have their rules to impose on their driving staff, I get that. But I’m now relishing the fact that I am now free from that stress, thankfully, and enjoying that freedom immensely

and what makes you think they're aren't American? do you have to be white or black to be considered American? grow up
Don’t know where you been lately but been lots of these foreign drivers on the roads,,, get off that political horse stuff driver.. where ever these guys getting their license from isn’t teaching them a thing