ODFL | Od spending money on all new trucks for driver facing cameras but are not using them.

Don’t know where you been lately but been lots of these foreign drivers on the roads,,, get off that political horse stuff driver.. where ever these guys getting their license from isn’t teaching them a thing
Got a crow to pick with you Mastio boy, trying to dump me on a sleeper team.
What's wrong with you boy?
You better stay on your toes!

Don’t know where you been lately but been lots of these foreign drivers on the roads,,, get off that political horse stuff driver.. where ever these guys getting their license from isn’t teaching them a thing
Getting some Ethiopians from your neck of the woods down here…..even making the Indians roll their eyes and shake their heads…

and what makes you think they're aren't American? do you have to be white or black to be considered American? grow up
there's a difference between MOST(which I said) and ALL(which I didn't say). Yes, I have seen some white drivers and black drivers doing what I was talking about, but MOST of them, that I'VE seen have been from Canada, or 'south of the border'(NOT saying Mexican...but hispanic heritage).

there's a difference between MOST(which I said) and ALL(which I didn't say). Yes, I have seen some white drivers and black drivers doing what I was talking about, but MOST of them, that I'VE seen have been from Canada, or 'south of the border'(NOT saying Mexican...but hispanic heritage).
Come on down to Laredo, Texas.... Between the trucks from Mexico, Canada, and 100 Swift drivers.... if you leave with all your mirrors you must be practicing good defensive driving.

Come on down to Laredo, Texas.... Between the trucks from Mexico, Canada, and 100 Swift drivers.... if you leave with all your mirrors you must be practicing good defensive driving.
Funny you say that. I have been all over Texas but never been to Laredo. But, I've heard what you said lots of times. Doubtful I 'll ever make it down there, though.

Rather not say on here..But,I will say a few and we all should be checking ourselves at the door when we sit down behind the wheel.The Camera's are a reality in trucking today and it's going to get worse
Yes. The Lytix camera also has a feature where they can monitor what you are doing in cab without video recording. It’s called Risk ID Without Recording. It uses machine learning and AI to analyze your in-cab behavior and can recognize behaviors such as eating, drinking, cellphones, etc. Jf it detects a “risky” behavior, it will generate an alert. It can also be used to track the duration, and what you are doing during downtime, such as in between stops. Don’t know if OD is using this feature or not, but I wouldn’t put money on it.

Yes. The Lytix camera also has a feature where they can monitor what you are doing in cab without video recording. It’s called Risk ID Without Recording. It uses machine learning and AI to analyze your in-cab behavior and can recognize behaviors such as eating, drinking, cellphones, etc. Jf it detects a “risky” behavior, it will generate an alert. It can also be used to track the duration, and what you are doing during downtime, such as in between stops. Don’t know if OD is using this feature or not, but I wouldn’t put money on it.
Clarification: I wouldn’t bet on them NOT using this feature.

With no in cab facing camera, I doubt it!

With no in cab facing camera, I doubt it!
Lytix all have inward and outward facing cameras, it’s up to the company how they want to configure it.
From the Lytix website:

“Lytx’s mature MV+AI technology, vast data set, and algorithms refined with human input give our distracted driving detection a level of accuracy that allows us to capture distracted behaviors without using video. This is possible because Lytx MV+AI technology actively monitors the driver’s patterns of movement, capturing unwanted and distracted behaviors in the form of metadata rather than video.”

OD loves tech. If they can find a way to use this system to improve efficiency, safety, whatever to improve their bottom line, they will do it. With the overflowing freight and lack of drivers, they want to make sure they are maximizing every minute of your day. This device has the ability to give them that data. They will know when you are milking the clock and you will be coached accordingly.

Lytix all have inward and outward facing cameras, it’s up to the company how they want to configure it.
From the Lytix website:

“Lytx’s mature MV+AI technology, vast data set, and algorithms refined with human input give our distracted driving detection a level of accuracy that allows us to capture distracted behaviors without using video. This is possible because Lytx MV+AI technology actively monitors the driver’s patterns of movement, capturing unwanted and distracted behaviors in the form of metadata rather than video.”

OD loves tech. If they can find a way to use this system to improve efficiency, safety, whatever to improve their bottom line, they will do it. With the overflowing freight and lack of drivers, they want to make sure they are maximizing every minute of your day. This device has the ability to give them that data. They will know when you are milking the clock and you will be coached accordingly.
I understand what you are talking about. But OD lytx systems do not have inward facing cameras!

Again I ask, how is that possible with NO inward facing camera?
The thing uses the inward facing camera for motion sensing instead of recording video. I actually think this is kinda cool because it might be more effective at catching not only distracted driving, but also head bobs when a driver is about to fall asleep. This technology might actually save lives if the thing sets off an audible alarm when it senses risky motions. https://www.lytx.com/en-us/fleet-management/features/risk-id-without-recording

I'm in a state that requires people doing any type of video or audio recording to inform the other person or persons that they are being recorded!

We had to watch a video explaining how the system works. So with no inward facing camera it can't record anything in regards to video or audio!