ODFL | off duty

I guess it depends on what your definition of "reasonable" is. We get paid $6 to break a set and $6 to hook a set. Do that in 30 minutes that's $24/hour.
I'm not talking about task pay, the question is why is a line drivers time only worth $10.00? your answer is it's better than $7.50, you call that a reasonable answer?

I'm not talking about task pay, the question is why is a line drivers time only worth $10.00? your answer is it's better than $7.50, you call that a reasonable answer?

Personally, I'm paid to drive, I know I'm paid to drive. No matter how you slice & dice dropping, hooking, fueling or waiting; at the end of the day, it's still WELL over $30/hr. And I don't have to have to converse with the Billylo's of the world.

When I'm doing nothing and they're willing to pay me $10/he I call that a win. You can easily make $85-100k+ a year at this place. I call that a win.

Exactly. I can't think of any other non skilled labor jobs where you make that kind of money. You aren't paid for your time...you are paid for the miles that you haul OD's freight. Why should you get compensated for down time? That, along with time away from home and long hours is why you make close to six figures or above.

Exactly. I can't think of any other non skilled labor jobs where you make that kind of money. You aren't paid for your time...you are paid for the miles that you haul OD's freight. Why should you get compensated for down time? That, along with time away from home and long hours is why you make close to six figures or above.
You should be compensated if your told to be there. If you have a 830 start and do not receive paperwork untill 930-10 I don't think it's fair to sit for free. Do you

You should be compensated if your told to be there. If you have a 830 start and do not receive paperwork untill 930-10 I don't think it's fair to sit for free. Do you

Then Swift is hiring. You'll still make more than a fair day in the city if you don't get your bills right away. Bet you make more than you did at FedEx. Dare you to find something that pays better in the Seattle area.

You guys all walked into this knowing what it paid or didn't. Could've found something else that would've paid what you want. Doubt it, OD is now the highest paying trucking outfit around. Quit complaining and enjoy your 6 figs.

Then Swift is hiring. You'll still make more than a fair day in the city if you don't get your bills right away. Bet you make more than you did at FedEx. Dare you to find something that pays better in the Seattle area.
I made more at FedEx but not substantially. If we're expected to be on time and you don't receive notification to come in later, then yes we should be on the clock. I don't mind giving a half hour every now and then, but if your trailers are as always late, they should adjust your gate or pay you. We have gate times for a reason, what would happen if a line driver constantly got out 30 min late due to showing up late?

You guys all walked into this knowing what it paid or didn't. Could've found something else that would've paid what you want. Doubt it, OD is now the highest paying trucking outfit around. Quit complaining and enjoy your 6 figs.
No doubt we have it good, but get your facts strait.

You going to be on duty if you're getting paid for another work function known as "waiting" and then risk not finishing a 600+ mile turn? My thoughts you shouldn't be paid if you want to stay off duty and collect more than 10hr.

Facts are straight, can't believe you made more at FedEx when you said the most you worked was in your last two weeks. This place is printing money for you line drivers.

I don't think any of us were complaining here, in fact I stated that I was happy to receive the $10/hr, because they're not really obligated to pay anything. I did read that in the new delay package we are paid $10/hr if we sit longer than an hour even at domicile.

Reactions: Ump
When you sit at your computer and it goes down do you wait 2hr without pay and then get a reduced rate, or do they pay you your normal rate?

All these new guys think you're paid hourly FG hahahahahahhahahahahaha insert goodfellas laughing meme.

Facts are straight, can't believe you made more at FedEx when you said the most you worked was in your last two weeks. This place is printing money for you line drivers.
I worked at FedEx for almost 7 years Billy. Again.. get your facts straight. So somehow you think I only worked two weeks in 7 years. You really need to lay off the edibles!!