Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
YRC needs to update their forklifts......get rid of them little tiny ones. SIZE DOES MATTER ! :lmao:
ikmKbSe.jpg

Was on face book today someone posted about voting against right to work in Missouri, they don't live in this state but they think the unions are the best thing ever. Got me to thinking about my time at YRC voting to not take a pay cut and then re-voting until they got it right and about the equal sacrifice and how they were not paying into the pension and took away a vesting year from me. The best scam of all was the stock options. I think I had 7000 shares, then they did a couple reverse splits just like the knew they would and I ended up with one worthless option, meanwhile Hoffa probably was shorting the stock and making a fortune LOL. Those were the days!!!

I wonder if they still use P&D cards. The small clock I bring with me is P&D time. The watch on my wrist is the actual time. Then never more than four minutes per delivery.

The ‘safety’ manager trained us how to fill out the cards properly based on 5 mins per mile and 15 mins per stop. There were many who filled theirs out at end of day, upon returning to yard.

I also remember sharing tonnage on my ‘dock’ card with casuals and brothers who were stuck with crummy loads to break.

But, it’s NOT a numbers game! :17142:

The ‘safety’ manager trained us how to fill out the cards properly based on 5 mins per mile and 15 mins per stop. There were many who filled theirs out at end of day, upon returning to yard.

I also remember sharing tonnage on my ‘dock’ card with casuals and brothers who were stuck with crummy loads to break.

But, it’s NOT a numbers game! :17142:
For P&D you would put the name of the consignee, pieces, weight and your mileage. At the end of the day we'd meet at the restaurant and fill in the time in and time out for each stop over coffee on our last break.
Working the dock on midnights it was two people working an inbound load. We'd both strip the freight. One person would work the bills and fill out both dock cards and sign the bills onto the trailers. The other person would load the freight. And we would share tonnage with others. Then every now and then we'd go into the terminal managers office and see our names on the list as operating over 100 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.